+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: --iCabWebBrowser---

is a discussion within the

iPad Apps

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I was reading about this app the other day and decided to give it a try...WOW!!!! It is awesome, I am not sure how I never had heard of it.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone brianmarocco's Avatar
    Thanks

Default --iCabWebBrowser---
    I was reading about this app the other day and decided to give it a try...WOW!!!! It is awesome, I am not sure how I never had heard of it. It downloads, has a favorites toolbar, and lets you "trick" the browsing experience by picking different modes. I think it is an awesome app!

aTr
    Thanks

Good find, I wasn't aware of it either. Works great on my iPad.
    Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

just tried it on my ipad and wow fast....

Green Apple
    Thanks

its one of the best iPhone/iPaid browser in the appstore

DeCoy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Couldn't agree more. I just purchased this app a few hours ago and I love it. I just wish we could make it as a default browser.

I also tried Atomic Web Browser. I find it to be relatively faster but I don't like the UI design. iCab has that "Apple look" hence why I wouldn't mind spending a bit more on it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

never knew about this browser. just installed it on the ipad and it's pretty cool. i like being able to have folders in the bookmark bar. that's what i do with ff on my laptop.

thanks for the heads up on this app!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by r0ckafella View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I just purchased this app a few hours ago and I love it. I just wish we could make it as a default browser.

I also tried Atomic Web Browser. I find it to be relatively faster but I don't like the UI design. iCab has that "Apple look" hence why I wouldn't mind spending a bit more on it.
    This! Ive been using this browser for a while now and I like it a lot better than atomic due to GUI..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default I've used both
    I have both Atomic and iCab. I initially preferred iCab since it had a bookmark bar and Atomic didn't, but the last update added the bookmark bar to Atomic. Now I prefer Atomic. Agree that the UI for Atomic is not as attractive, but I find that it is more stable. Also, there's this one bug in iCab that irritates the hell out of me. When I have multiple tabs open and I try to close or choose one of them, it does not register my touch correctly and it would take multiple tries before I can close or choose the tab.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by r0ckafella View Post
    Do a search for "browser changer" in the bigboss repo. It will let you do just that.

Thanks

Yup.. iCab + Browser Changer + VM Mod + ProSwitcher has made me a happy happy camper.
    Photographer - ASYLUM(nsfw)

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for the tip

anyone else find that Browser Changer brings back the 'big ipod mode on reboot' problem which is otherwise fixed in the latest build of sbsettings?
    Last edited by katmeef; 07-01-2010 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katmeef;
    Thanks for the tip

anyone else find that Browser Changer brings back the 'big ipod mode on reboot' problem which is otherwise fixed in the latest build of sbsettings?
    Yep happening to me too....and moves icons around also. Really annoying. Had to remove sbsettings and browser changer too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katmeef;
    This seeks fixed with today's update to sbsettings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I've been waiting for a good version of Safari Download Manager for the iPad but with iCab I think i can do without it now, does all the downloading I need and with iFile I can move the downloads around the file system easily. I also don't mind Atomic, is faster but the UI and extras of iCab make it my current fav