Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Youtube is very slow..

Default Youtube is very slow..
    Please help.
    Iv'e looked up countless site involving this same problem of youtube lagging. On my mbp and iphone youtube works fine but when i try watch a youtube video on the iPad it takes way too long. This is most likely because of the youtube app for ipad [B]trying[B] to acces 720p video quality than the normal 320. I dont really mind 320 and 420 wouldn't be that bad either. Im very sure that its no my modem or routers problem because I've tested that and it works fine The solution i'm looking for is if someone could somehow use ssh and modify the default command to get 720p to get 420 or 320p video quality. Thanks!
    p.s. hopefully Apple makes a software update to address this problem but right now, I could really use this! thanks!

Thanks

Hmm this is interesting. I know I haven't had any problems with YouTube lagging on my iPad over wifi or over 3G and I'm also using 3G unrestricter to watch them in High quality. Any one else having issues?
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Hmm, strange. May I ask what kind of router and internet provider you have?

I've noticed that some things are fine on YouTube and some are slow. On the slow ones it seems quicker to download the video via MXTube

I'm having the exact same problem on both ipads. My wifi 3g and my wife's ifi only version.

You tube takes FOREVER!!! And no it's not my router or internet connection either because we have absolutely no problems with our iphones or laptops.

We also keep getting asked for our routers password about every 20 minutes on our ipads. these issues are very frustrating!!!!!!