+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ipad 3 case recommendation?

is a discussion within the

iPad Accessories

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Things I want: back protection typing angles and viewing angles slim profile Not really concerned with covering the screen as much, the glass is pretty scratch resistant and I'll only
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default ipad 3 case recommendation?
    Things I want:
    back protection
    typing angles and viewing angles
    slim profile

Not really concerned with covering the screen as much, the glass is pretty scratch resistant and I'll only be using the ipad at home. Also not looking to spend more than $50, would like to spend around $30. Thoughts?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,696 Times in 839 Posts

You may want to consider buying a smart cover - I thought the same as you - the glass is very durable - but it's not about the glass, it's about the buttons. When you open the smart cover it turns on the iPad and sends you to the home screen, saving you from pressing the home or lock buttons, which ALWAYS break eventually. The less you can use those buttons the better!

I have the soft smart cover that I bought at an Apple Store - it's really the best smart cover you can buy. My mom got one online for like $20 or so but the plastic is cheap and not as soft as the one Apple sells.

For the back I got a hard plastic cover that leaves room for the smart cover to attach. Lemme see if I can find it. It was like $3.

Here it is - the price went up a bit but it snaps on well and really protects from scratches: Amazon.com: HHI iPad 2 / iPad 3 (The New iPad) Smart Cover Companion Compatible Snap On Slim Polycarbonate Case - Clear (Compatible with Apple iPad 2 / iPad 3 The New iPad Smart Cover Companion Case): Computers & Accessories

I got those and a neoprene case: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ms_ohs_product

I know that's over your limit, but those three items I'm very happy with
    Last edited by Jahooba; 07-03-2012 at 06:07 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

thunderwolf333 (07-04-2012)

Thanks

thanks, this is exactly the type of thing I was looking for. I skipped out on the smart cover for now, I can always get one later. I think the hard back is enough protection for around the house, and when I need to transport it the neoprene case should protect it. i ordered the poetic thin shell in the place of the one you suggested, I have amazon prime so I'll get it in 2 days plus they offered a warranty. the hole in the middle makes me skeptical but the price was good.

Amazon.com: Poetic ThinShell Duo Acrylic Back Smart Cover Partner Case for the NEW Apple iPad 3rd Gen compatible with Apple Smart Cover Crystal Clear (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Computers & Accessories

Thanks

I have owned 6 different back cases for my ipad 2 and 3. The newest one i got is made my a company called i-BLASON. It is actually made to work in hand with the smart cover. There is a lip that holds the smart cover hinge to your device. i dont know how many times that **** just unhooked without warning. need some stronger magnets in my opinion. But check it out. I have the all black matte finish and the frost clear one.

iPad 3 : iPad : i-BLASON

Highly recommended by me. Smaller company, but best backing i have seen/ used yet.

Thanks

Use the one Jahooba has recommended, it will fulfill your demands. I use the same as well and it working quite well for me.

Thanks

Slim case made by Targus company is good and it cost less that 35$.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I used an off brand transparent back case that also has a smartcover that can be removed. A shame to cover the pretty alum back

- Sent using my iPad 2

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wargasmtornado's Avatar
    Thanks

Otterbox Defender is what i use,has a built in stand & tough as s**t
    ipod 4G,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    iphone 4,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    i really,really hate using Winterboard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scorpluto View Post
    Slim case made by Targus company is good and it cost less that 35$.
    I'd like to throw in a second vote for the Slim Case by Targus.

It is very well made (and at a great price point too). It offers quite a bit of protection without a lot of bulk. The front flap offers locking/ unlocking like a smart cover does. The two angles for typing work out well.

I have tried other cases, but end up going back to this case after a day or so. I carry my iPad in a bag along with a macbook air every day & it sees some abuse at work. It's tough enough to deal with being on a construction site for meetings and it's still nice enough looking to use for personal use at home as well.

I actually liked this case so much, I have a brand new one on a shelf at home in case this one ever wears out. Although that seems pretty unlikely because I've used it since Launch day (iPad 3) and it looks brand new.

What's Jailbreak? Deepfriedbaconandsnickers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Maybe Cygnet or a Logitech BT keyboard case