Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad users: do NOT purchase the Zagg Sparq 2.0

Default iPad users: do NOT purchase the Zagg Sparq 2.0
    So I wanted to get a giant battery for my iPad, for those situations when I am not able to plug in a wall outlet, and remembered the reading about the Zagg Sparq. The first version was a complete failure, but the second was quite successful. What intrigued me was that it is a 6.400mAh battery that claims iPad compatibility. For specs, the page claimed that the Sparq could recharge an iPhone 4 times on a single charge, but left out any numbers regarding iPad. Well, it my contention that this was a purposeful move on their part, as this battery only gave me 50% charge! It takes like 4+ hours to charge the battery, and then like 2.5-3 hours to give my iPad a 50% charge. Crazy, asolutely nuts. Needless to say, I am requesting a return-refund.

Now if you are, like me, looking for a good battery for your iPad (really any device that can charge via USB for that matter), Just Mobile is releasing the "Gum MAX" on 6/11 to the tune of $120. That is $20 more than the Zagg, but instead of a 50% charge this unit will offer around 130%. Also, it will charge your iPad (or iDevice) just as quickly as using the 10W adapter that came with your iPad, which is about 4 hours from drained to 100%.

Stay thirsty my friends!

Remember, friends don't let friends by Sparqs!
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

thanks for the heads up. I will stay away from it.

Thx for the info. It's a shame doesn't work well for $100 product.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the info.
    I just ordered this product: Dual-USB Output 6600mAh Rechargeable External Battery Pack from DealExtreme.
    When I receive it I'll let you know how it is performing.

It's a 6600 mAh pack with 2 output ports, 1A and 2.1A and it's $35,80 so compared to your pack it's a bargain!
    But then again it's chinese aftermarket stuff so it's a wild guess.
    I am primarily using it to power a 1TB 2,5" laptop drive to connect it to the Camera Connection Kit (because nowdays the CCK only has 20mAh output on the dock connectior, never enough for a HDD) it should be good enough.
    But I'll try to charge my iPad 2 with this battery ASAP and let you know the result.
    It will be send out on monday and I live in Europe, so I expect it to arrive in 14 days.

Good information, i have never bought this...

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

well i would say good info but the site does say that it will only charge an iPad up to 60%, so your result are nearly spot on.
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!