Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stylus-R-Us Review

Default Stylus-R-Us Review
    I recently bought a stylus from Stylus-R-Us. I had read many reviews about their styli, however they all seemed like marketing ploys, not real reviews. The videos I watched of these styli seemed too good to be true. So I thought I'd go ahead and review the stylus i bought.

I had purchased the New Hampshire stylus from Stylus-R-Us.

The stylus was shipped within 24 hours of the order being placed, and arrived within 5 business days. Overall, I would have to say that the customer service and shipping times were excellent. The shipping notification email comes with many PDF files attached, explaining how to use the stylus properly, how to clean the stylus tip, etc.

When I started using the stylus, the first thing I noticed was that it was much lighter than I expected. Then within 30 minutes of use I had to "revive" the tip with the included piece of velcro. Needless to say, I was a bit frustrated. It turns out that I apply a good amount of pressure when i write.

I tried training myself to write with less pressure, but I just can't write like that. So after 2 days of using the Stylus-R-Us stylus, I gave up and bought the a Targus stylus from the nearby Best Buy store; and I very much prefer the Targus Stylus.

To be fair, the Stylus-R-Us styli work exactly as advertised. They have many notices on their site saying that the styli require a minuscule amount of pressure to work, and that applying too much pressure will cause dead spots.

To sum up:
    Pros
    Stylus requires very little pressure to work (pro or con depending on personal preference)
    Excellent customer support
    Product works as advertised

Cons
    Stylus requires very little pressure to work (pro or con depending on personal preference)
    Applying too much pressure causes dead spots
    Stylus is very light

Conclusion: This stylus can be exactly what you are looking for, if you are ok applying a minuscule pressure. Otherwise, I advise staying away.

Hope somebody finds this review helpful.

There is a full review here

After reading your post, I wonder who on earth will like to use pressure on their device to make it work? My first stylus from Stylus-R-Us was a Cape Cod that I use with my iPhone. I love it! The weight is perfect, the same as a pen. It works as advertised, like you said. When I bought my iPad , I went for a Telescopic. I got the New Yorker. It gives you more freedom because you can extended to the length that is more convenient according to what your using it for. Using it extended helps me have a complete domain of the screen.

I really think, that giving it a couple of times during two days wasn't fair or perhaps you are one of those people, like my brother Matt, who has a heavy hand. If that's the case, I think your review, instead of helping like I know was your goal, did the opposite, as it probably deterred many from buying the best stylus made, Stylus-R-Us. Also, I can tell you that I tried one of my colleagues Big Screen, and it has more weight than the Cape Cod, but its nonetheless a great stylus.

Quote Originally Posted by necktweaker View Post
    I recently bought a stylus from Stylus-R-Us. I had read many reviews about their styli, however they all seemed like marketing ploys, not real reviews. The videos I watched of these styli seemed too good to be true. So I thought I'd go ahead and review the stylus i bought.

I had purchased the New Hampshire stylus from Stylus-R-Us.

The stylus was shipped within 24 hours of the order being placed, and arrived within 5 business days. Overall, I would have to say that the customer service and shipping times were excellent. The shipping notification email comes with many PDF files attached, explaining how to use the stylus properly, how to clean the stylus tip, etc.

When I started using the stylus, the first thing I noticed was that it was much lighter than I expected. Then within 30 minutes of use I had to "revive" the tip with the included piece of velcro. Needless to say, I was a bit frustrated. It turns out that I apply a good amount of pressure when i write.

I tried training myself to write with less pressure, but I just can't write like that. So after 2 days of using the Stylus-R-Us stylus, I gave up and bought the a Targus stylus from the nearby Best Buy store; and I very much prefer the Targus Stylus.

To be fair, the Stylus-R-Us styli work exactly as advertised. They have many notices on their site saying that the styli require a minuscule amount of pressure to work, and that applying too much pressure will cause dead spots.

To sum up:
    Pros
    Excellent customer support
    Product works as advertised

Cons
    Applying too much pressure causes dead spots
    Stylus is very light

Conclusion: This stylus can be exactly what you are looking for, if you are ok applying a minuscule pressure. Otherwise, I advise staying away.

Hope somebody finds this review helpful.

There is a full review here
    I've always found it unfortunate as to where, one sees as a con - others see as a pro, in this case regarding to the light touch this neckweaker feels is a con. Amazon is filled with stylus reviews talking about having to use too much pressure, yet Stylus-R-U comes along and develops a stylus that doesnít use any pressure at all, and someone can find fault with it, calling it a con. What a sin. I'd state my very life on the fact, the majority prefer not having to use any pressure at all, as I know I sure like it that way. I now have 6 Stylus-R-Us stylus because they are the coolest accessory you can get for an iPad or iPhone. They leave no marks; they make no noise; they NEVER skip, unlike the above viewer states, and they are awesome on note taking and drawing. They require no replacement tips or maintenance and they repair or replace it for a year, free if you have problems.
    And, unlike all other companies who only have one or two to choose from, I just counted the stylus SRU has, and itís over 50 different ones. Anyone reading this, whoever finds a bad review on SRU stylus, believe me, the author is either stoned or just one of those who fall under, you canít please everyone. Granted the SRU stylus are expensive, but like they said on their site, Itíll be the last stylus you will ever need to buy. And if you take his advice in staying away, you'll be caught up in the buying and trying game of all the junk stylus on the market. Just read the reviews on their site and see who is right here!