Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Smart Cover flaw

I just got my icarbon installed on my ipad. everything went well, I used the instructional video from their website to install it.

everything was as easy as they said, except the corners (didn't see that coming ). It seems to me that, the version I received is slightly smaller than the version in the instructional video (could just be the fact it got delivered on a cold day).

I have it lined up perfect and it looks great. around the camera and apple logo you couldn't tell it's not OEM. but the gaps between the skin and the cutouts seems to be a fraction larger on all sides than how it looks in the video.. I also think this has something to do with the reason I cant get the corners to work that well. dont get me wrong they are not a folded up and crappy looking, but if you get close enough you can tell they are not perfect. I just hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the *** in a few months and start peeling back.

I used my gfs hair dryer and let me say the thing had more settings than I ever imagined. I settled on slow speed with medium heat and it only took a few seconds for the corners to become pliable. If i had a few practice runs I probably could have made it look even better

overall I would say choosing a good location to work in is THE TOP priority. Trying to hold the hair dryer and the ipad wont work. You need to do it like they do in the video, lay the hair dryer down and point it where you are working so both hands a free to do the work.

As far as the smart cover is concerned, it is working great. however it seems that the bond between the cover and ipad magnets is less strong. this is probably just in my head. I gotta play with it some more before I can make a real comment on that.

Here are some pics, apologies since im not a photographer by any means.

Last edited by kadernal; 03-23-2011 at 07:28 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kadernal For This Useful Post:

mortopher (03-23-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I just did mines and it looks amazing amazing! I burned my damn fingers with the immense heat. My GFs blow dryer has 2 settings, hot and hades.

I also got the black CF and it looks awesome with my gray smart cover. I have to say that I'm not digging the front as much and I might end up ripping it off in favor of a finger print resistant anti glare screen protector. I'll leave it on for now though.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

This is the one I am planning on getting to protect the rear side of the iPad when it becomes available.
    Someone else already posted it on page to but here it is again.
    Micro-shell for iPad 2

Toblino2 cases for iPad2 are nice, thin portfolio type case with the sleep/wake feature built in. Just replaced my Targus 360 with this one and I LOVE it! Less bulky, lighter, sleep/wake works perfect. Cutouts are aligned right, I have full access to all ports and the front & back are protected. Also offers 3 level horizontal stand. I'm really liking this one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123