+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Smart Cover flaw

is a discussion within the

iPad Accessories

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I havent received it yet. They just released yesterday. I ordered with priority shipping so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow. I also got a kit for my MBP
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I havent received it yet. They just released yesterday. I ordered with priority shipping so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow. I also got a kit for my MBP

Green Apple
    Thanks

oh ok i was just checking, it would not be hard to cut a section in there for the smart case anyway

Thanks

A case to protect the back that works with the smart cover would be great
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

I had the ichair for the first ipad. Went to see if they had one for the second coming up.....iChair: Case with Built-In Stand for iPad, iPhone, & iPod by Vindi Sedey — Kickstarter

kinda sad

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jasvncnt10 View Post
    I had the ichair for the first ipad. Went to see if they had one for the second coming up.....iChair: Case with Built-In Stand for iPad, iPhone, & iPod by Vindi Sedey — Kickstarter

kinda sad
    its not sad. they are a small company trying to make it in a large company world, those cases are great. the owner has dropped every dime into ichair and gave away thousands of cases for marketing and just broke even, so now they are going out to kickstarter to get production started on ipad 2 cases. sad i think is the wrong word!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weisjt View Post
    its not sad. they are a small company trying to make it in a large company world, those cases are great. the owner has dropped every dime into ichair and gave away thousands of cases for marketing and just broke even, so now they are going out to kickstarter to get production started on ipad 2 cases. sad i think is the wrong word!!!!
    Chillllllll....who pi$$ed in your cheerios this morning........think you took it the wrong way. I loved the ichair. Thats why i want it for the ipad2. I have already read all about the company and pledged my money on their site. When i said "its sad" i meant its sad that the company that made one of the best cases in my opinion didnt make enough money off it. I love seeing small companies grow and become a key player. Its so tough theses days. So to me...yes its sad. So if you were offended by the term "sad"...well then sorry you took it that way
    Last edited by jasvncnt10; 03-16-2011 at 08:20 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

sorry, i really like the ichair company and love a small company that makes a design better than multi million dollar companies. my bad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weisjt View Post
    sorry, i really like the ichair company and love a small company that makes a design better than multi million dollar companies. my bad
    Nah.....its cool. LOL. Im with you. I hope they make it. I love their product. And i agree 100%

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is the only case that I've found that states its compatible with the Smart cover.
    MicroShell iPad 2 case
    I placed my order, but I'm waiting for it to be released.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Hey Stealth thanks for that link. I have the gray smart cover but I'm having trouble deciding on which one to get. I really like the dark wood and the white cf.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Thanks

I love the black but they all look great!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Targus released there 360 case today at select best buy stores. I picked on up and it's really nice. It protects it and stands up. It's not on best buys site but is on targus site
    #7 for the 3GS

Thanks

It is a very good case. I dont like the bulk but its nice.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwblocal701 View Post
    Targus released there 360 case today at select best buy stores. I picked on up and it's really nice. It protects it and stands up. It's not on best buys site but is on targus site
    I bought a Targus case for my wife's iPad 1 and it is very nice. I love the felt lining and the conversion to a stand. I plan to get one for her iPad 2.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I love the black but they all look great!
    I ended up buying the black cf one last night. Did you get your yet? Make sure you post how your install went. It looks straight forward from the video but you know how things can get.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I got one of the black rears from icarbons, I'm looking forward to getting it. I also ordered a zagg the day after I got my iPad but I guess the back films are not ready to ship yet so I have no information on that, looks like I will return it once I get the icarbon.

I think the smart cover and the rear protection will be all I need. I have never had a case on my iphone 4 and Its in perfect condition, the fact that I will use my ipad about 1/4 as much as my phone makes me want to stay as far away from these bloated cases as possible. I hate how most cases make the ios products look and feel. i guess its a give and take thing, but honestly I'll leave 'em all.

gqstatus, there is a great tutorial on the icarbons website and I saw a few other youtube vids with well documented install processes as well.

my biggest question is about removal. will it come off without leaving a sticky residue?? what about the zagg products? i have never used one. maybe ill just keep both and switch it up when I get bored.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sammo123's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kadernal View Post
    I got one of the black rears from icarbons, I'm looking forward to getting it. I also ordered a zagg the day after I got my iPad but I guess the back films are not ready to ship yet so I have no information on that, looks like I will return it once I get the icarbon.

I think the smart cover and the rear protection will be all I need. I have never had a case on my iphone 4 and Its in perfect condition, the fact that I will use my ipad about 1/4 as much as my phone makes me want to stay as far away from these bloated cases as possible. I hate how most cases make the ios products look and feel. i guess its a give and take thing, but honestly I'll leave 'em all.

gqstatus, there is a great tutorial on the icarbons website and I saw a few other youtube vids with well documented install processes as well.

my biggest question is about removal. will it come off without leaving a sticky residue?? what about the zagg products? i have never used one. maybe ill just keep both and switch it up when I get bored.
    I like icarbon but i think i want to have a case/cover with a little more protection. I am pretty reluctant to take my ipad 2 anywhere with me because i dont want anything to happen to it. I may settle on a more bulky case even though thats not my preference.
    RIP Steve Jobs.. You changed the world

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    It is a very good case. I dont like the bulk but its nice.
    hey StealthBravo.
    When u get the carbon case from icarbons, will u just let us know if it works with apples smart cover.

thanks
    if i helped u, theres the THANKS button>>>>

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I can't wait to get mines.

Off topic: I'm so pissed because I bought a screen protector for my iPad at Micro Center and I want to shoot the CEO of the company that makes it. The screen protector is made for the iPad 2 but the cuts on it aren't even aligned right and accurate. It's one of those where you have to peel the back and then the front at the end of the install. I spent 30 minutes taking the bubbles out (figured might as well because i opened it) and when I go to peel the last film off I get a shitload of bubbles. WTF I mean the screen protector practically lifted.

Anyway back on topic:

If I were to buy a screen protector do you think the carbon will stick.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sammo123's Avatar
    Thanks

I went to the store today to see what they had for cases. I came across a leather case by targus. It looked nice and gave the ipad pretty descent protection. This meaning that the whole ipad was basically enclosed except some small portions. I am going to return this case because the way it turns into a stand does really meet my standards. It folds the front cover back and then half of the back portion folds back so that the ipad can stand. The other reason i dont like it is because it is a little difficult to open and close the front cover.
    RIP Steve Jobs.. You changed the world