+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Get an ipad case or not?

is a discussion within the

iPad Accessories

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Bought an ipad this month.considering whether get an ipad case? and what kind of case?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Post Get an ipad case or not?
    Bought an ipad this month.considering whether get an ipad case? and what kind of case?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

That is up to you. I have the Apple iPad case and am happy with it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

owlwifi (12-02-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Get the Apple case for it

5. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

owlwifi (12-02-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    That is up to you. I have the Apple iPad case and am happy with it.
    Hmmm,I'm a newbie player, to me,I like the feeling of smooth touch, but for the long run, it's pretty necessory to get some protection.By resarch,I've collect some case sites, which iPhone Accessories Biggest Collection: iPhone 3G/S, iPad Accessories, iPhone 3G Stylus.can be a good one.have you got some other preferred site? I'll be much appreciated of that.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Get the Apple case for it
    Ok, I just made my mind to get an case for it, wanna to konw how to get an qulified one? could you give some good sites? I only fine resonable one through my engine research.Thanks a lot
    Last edited by owlwifi; 12-02-2010 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

In my mind, a case for the iPad is absolutely essential. When I first got my iPad (launch day), it felt very slippery and a bit heavy to hold for reading for long periods. It also felt a bit fragile. I've had iPhones since version 1 and I've never felt the need for a case.

I've tried many different cases, but keep coming back to the Apple case as my favorite. All the others add a great deal of bulk and weight. Many of them also interfere with functionality or make it difficult to get the device quickly. The Apple case isn't great looking or feeling, but it's VERY functional. It's the slimmest and lightest of the folio cases I've tried. The design makes it very quick to open and start working. The texture is just rough enough to give you a good grip, and the wedge design provides a good angle for typing.

I'd like to find a case that looks better, but I'm not willing to sacrifice the above qualities for aesthetics.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveiPhone For This Useful Post:

owlwifi (12-05-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveiPhone View Post
    In my mind, a case for the iPad is absolutely essential. When I first got my iPad (launch day), it felt very slippery and a bit heavy to hold for reading for long periods. It also felt a bit fragile. I've had iPhones since version 1 and I've never felt the need for a case.

I've tried many different cases, but keep coming back to the Apple case as my favorite. All the others add a great deal of bulk and weight. Many of them also interfere with functionality or make it difficult to get the device quickly. The Apple case isn't great looking or feeling, but it's VERY functional. It's the slimmest and lightest of the folio cases I've tried. The design makes it very quick to open and start working. The texture is just rough enough to give you a good grip, and the wedge design provides a good angle for typing.

I'd like to find a case that looks better, but I'm not willing to sacrifice the above qualities for aesthetics.
    thanks,dave,somtimes ,I really feel the same as palying my ipad as what you did across the period.Anyway,how's the price? it the expensive? Days ago,My friend showed a palce online,butI'm not sure whether it's good or not.would you like to make judgement?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have both the Apple Case and Candy Speck.

I like them both, but both have disadvantages.

Apple case is great and all, but doesn't add much protection. It also gets dirty real quick.

Candy Speck, great protection, adds bulk.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kvizzel View Post
    I have both the Apple Case and Candy Speck.

I like them both, but both have disadvantages.

Apple case is great and all, but doesn't add much protection. It also gets dirty real quick.

Candy Speck, great protection, adds bulk.
    All right, some choose for fashion,some choose for function.But I prefer apple case anyway, coz bulky are annoying,feel uncomfortable to hold.I saw one style at iPad Leather Protector Case in Pink with Affordable Price and High Quality - accessory2go.com.,it seems good,but I won't buy now.considering for a while.what's your idea?

Thanks

I have the Apple case, and I love it. I sometimes use the iPad without a case, just because I enjoy my gadgets bare. But after about an hour, I relaize I need to put the iPad against something to keep it up and immediately put it back in. It just works; but it does get dirty really quickly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Volerikan View Post
    I have the Apple case, and I love it. I sometimes use the iPad without a case, just because I enjoy my gadgets bare. But after about an hour, I relaize I need to put the iPad against something to keep it up and immediately put it back in. It just works; but it does get dirty really quickly.
    agree. At first,I always thought its bad to get an ipad case.Coz I hate bulky and dust.But I'm conscious about protecting expensive stuff.So, whatever,I bought one.but I won't use the case stick to my hand together all the time.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Volerikan View Post
    I do the same thing

Thanks

I just got a new case that's very expensive, but also very cool and functional. It's called the ZAGGmate, and it's a brushed aluminum case just very slightly bigger than the iPad itself. It's very light and adds almost no thickness. It looks very nice (as if the iPad just has 2 backs).

What I like about it a LOT, is that it has a built-in stand that can be used in either portrait or landscape mode and is rock solid. It has a ton of angles, and allows you to type very comfortably with the iPad in your lap or on a soft surface like a bed. For watching movies or reading it's ideal, as you can set the angle exactly as needed. It's also great for many games, as long as the accelerometer isn't a factor.

I don't care much for the feel of the cold metal, and I'm not that wild about holding the iPad without a case, as I find it a bit slippery. With this case, though, I may stop holding the iPad at all, except for apps that use the accelerometer.

Overall, it's pretty cool, and will definitely be what I use when I travel. They also make a version that includes a bluetooth keyboard. I have mixed feelings about that, as I think it will add too much bulk and weight and I don't think the angle looks like it would work comfortably. The keyboard has gotten very strong reviews so far though, and I do occasionally pair my iPad with an Apple BT keyboard. I have to admit, it's nice to be able to touch-type at full speed.

http://www.zagg.com/accessories/zaggmate.php
    Last edited by DaveiPhone; 12-14-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,785 Times in 6,878 Posts

I have the otterbox case for mine. My kids use it a lot so have to have the best protection for it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have a few Apple products and as soon as they come out of the box I install a full body invisible shield. It's great on the iPad, keeps fingerprints to a minimum and it actually gives a nice shine to the back.

I also have a couple iPad cases and prefer the Apple one like many here. It's just much lighter and easiest to carry. However, I very rarely use it. Having it bare with the invisible shield makes it pretty much scratch resistant and adds no weight. Of course it won't do much if you drop it.

Thanks
    iPad case is worth it.
    i Bought my iPad 16gb wifi for 499 and im ready to pay 30 - 40 to protect it.

Also bought Keyboard dock which WASN'T Worth it.
    iLike iDevices and Pancakes.

Thanks

Having used my Zagg case for awhile now, I have to give it very high marks. I solved the cold slippery metal issue by adding a leather skin to the back of the iPad. The stand is by far the most versatile and stable one I've found, and having it built into the case is extremely convenient.

My wife ended up getting the Zagg keyboard case, and loves it! She does a ton of writing on the iPad, and the keyboard is just the ticket for her.

Initially, I thought I might go back to the Apple case for everyday use, and just use the Zagg for traveling, but having the stand with me at all times is just to convenient.

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

Whether you need one or not depends on how careful you are with your stuff. After 2 years (1 year with a case) my 3G only had a few minor scratches on the front. I got the bumper for my iP4 because I didn't want either face resting directly on anything. I never got a case for my iPad (~6 months old) and it only has 1 minor scratch on the front. But I'm fairly careful with it. It's heavy/large already by tablet standards, I don't feel the need to bulk it up with a case for general use. I sometimes stick it in it's own slot in a laptop case when moving it around, but never have a case on when actually using it.

The aluminum / glass is remarkably scratch resistant to plastics, woods, and soft organic material. Just need to keep it away from metals and harder mineral/stone based materials. Don't put your keys in the same pocket as your iPhone, etc.
    Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. -- M.C. Escher
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge. -- D.J. Boorstin

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I would most defintely buy one to protect it. I have bought one for myself under $50 for a leather case. It's pretty decent.

Thanks

I would recommend you to buy one. Apple iPad is fragile, need one sturdy case to protect it. I purchased this case for my iPad 3, It is lightweight and looks nice too. Easier to hold than the iPad itself. Feels nice and warm in hand.

Thanks

I believe it's good to have a case for ipad so you can see it clean and scratch free. It's true that its nice to see without any protection. But for me, the iPad in a good condition is more important. I have specks Fitfolio . it' s good.