Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Not sure if this goes here?

Default Not sure if this goes here?
    Hi,
    i would like to know if anyone has tried plugging in a webcam to the camera connection kit through the USB port?

Is there a Mod for a camera on the ipad ?
    Please discuss over here!

M.M

Doesn't work.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

iblackwind (09-30-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Doesn't work.
    I see, is there any power indication to see if there is any power supplied to the webcam?

It's not a matter of whether or not there is a power supply to the cam, but rather that there is no software to support it. I highly doubt that a developer would actually write a native, not app store, app that would let you use a webcam. Think about it, all the support for the multitude of products out there. Plus, there really is no market for this- to have a webcam attachment for ones' ipad. It would look ridiculous, although I bet the onion is working on this story as we type, lol.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Quote Originally Posted by imahottguy View Post
    it's not a matter of whether or not there is a power supply to the cam, but rather that there is no software to support it. I highly doubt that a developer would actually write a native, not app store, app that would let you use a webcam. Think about it, all the support for the multitude of products out there. Plus, there really is no market for this- to have a webcam attachment for ones' ipad. It would look ridiculous, although i bet the onion is working on this story as we type, lol.
    lol.....onion?

Yeah, the onion. :-) did you see their piece they did on the MacBook wheel? YouTube it, it is hilarious! Eventually, there will likely be a webcam attachment for ipad/iPod, but it will be expensive.