+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sync Cable Question

is a discussion within the

iPad Accessories

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Here's my question.... I bought a 4 foot retractable scosche sync cable from Best Buy (was only 3 bucks)...it will not charge my iPad. It works fine as a sync
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Talking Sync Cable Question
    Here's my question.... I bought a 4 foot retractable scosche sync cable from Best Buy (was only 3 bucks)...it will not charge my iPad. It works fine as a sync cable though. And just tonight, I bought a 6 foot belkin charge/sync cable (not retractable) from target, it seems to be charging the iPad, but not as quickly. Is there a maximum length that the charging cable can be? The one it comes with just isn't sufficient and I don't want the 6 foot cord that attaches from the wan to the adapter....I just want a 6 foot charge/sync cable. Sorry for the long post and any answers are appreciated. :-)

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

Alot of aftermarket sync cables and chargers don't work properly because if the resistors they have in series in the connectors. If it's not at the right resistance like the Apple sync cable then you'll run into issues. There was a video in this a while back.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Do you know of anyone that makes a 6 foot, black cable that will charge the iPad properly? It's got to be black....I can't stand white cables. (A bit ocd) lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know of any 6 foot cable makers. I have a black USB extension cable hooked to my iPhone sync cable to make it longer. Its the extension cable that comes with wireless usb adaptors. It's about 6 feet total.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I too have a USB extension that's about 6 foot long...when I plugged the stock cable in to the extension, then to the adapter it didn't charge either.