View Poll Results: How about a master thread of ipad cases guide?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Idea: IPad Case guide thread?

is a discussion within the

iPad Accessories

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hey guys, like many of you, I have been searching for a good iPad case that is just right. There are plenty of different types of cases out there and
    Thanks

Lightbulb Idea: IPad Case guide thread?
    Hey guys, like many of you, I have been searching for a good iPad case that is just right. There are plenty of different types of cases out there and I do have four types currently. Would anyone be interested if we discuss the pros and cons of each? I know that ilounge does a pretty good job of doing this, but they seem to have a bias against a few types. Just kinda thought of this and want some input, thanks. If I get enough yes votes then I will start updating this post with descriptions, pictures and other info on different styles of cases.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

Broomhead (08-11-2010)

Thanks

I think this is a great idea. I wouldn't mind sharing my opinion on my incipio case I have.

Thanks

Very cool, does anyone else think so?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

iPhone? More like MyPhone FerrariCUBU's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm pretty picky about my cases and having a discussion thread for this kind of thing would be useful.

Thanks

Default Macally Metrolpad
    I'll kick this off

The case:
    Macally mertolpad case for $30

Extremely happy with the case so far. It's a one piece design that stretches over the ipad. No issue whatsoever with it coming off after installed. Edges are think enough to take a beating. The bevel rises above the screen on the font to provide a little protection of you drop it face down (as long as it hits relatively flat; any edge to the screen is obviously a problem). The volume and power buttons are covered and are harder to press, but honestly it's a minimal issue. The knobs on the back of the case make sure that it sits level on a flat surface without rocking.

Pics:

Rating: 4 1/2 stars out of 5

The film:
    Power Support Anti-glare film for $25

As far as the product itself goes this film it what I wanted. The anti-glare film has a surface that is always easy to touch. It doesn't have the rubbery feel or other films. However to get this, the film does loose a little bit of clarity. But hardly noticeable unless compared to another ipad without a film. In my mind it's worth the protection.

My only main gripe with this film is the installation. It's not easy at all with a film this large. I ended up getting some dust under mine and it's impossible to get the specs out at this point. I would suggest searching on some good techniques for installing ipad films before doing it yourself.

Pics: Not really possible without a comparison ipad.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
    Last edited by gannon145; 07-15-2010 at 09:35 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gannon145 For This Useful Post:

kvizzel (12-08-2010)

Thanks

Review: InCase Convertible Jacket for iPad

Price: $60, plus shipping

The Skinny: Great case, but for $60 it hasn't protected as much as one perceives it would.

This is a faux-leather, folio style case. The ipad slides in a stays in, thanks to a Velcro strap. The case also doubles as a stand, with 3 different viewing angles, and a slight incline for typing. Given the price, the quality and customer support has been at about a 4/5. The only reason that it isn't a 5 is that they made a revised version of the case, which I called CS and they immediately offered an exchange. I just feel that, for some reason, they should have notified customers via email, but I understand why they didn't. The case is only getting 3/5 because of a fall that resulted in a chipped up corner. Now I don't necessarily mind, since it doesn't affect the performance of the iPad. But honestly, when paying so much for something, one should expect that it will protect the device from a two foot drop.

Verdict: 3/5

Pictures: I will add them soon, as I am typing this from my iPad.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

kvizzel (12-08-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sirius389's Avatar
    Thanks

I would love to see more opinions on some iPad cases here. I am ordered my iPad 32GB Wi-Fi from the Apple store last week. Due to ship out next tuesday, and be delivered next friday. So far I already have an incase notebook sleeve I will use until I find my final case.

Can't wait to read books on my iPad instead of my iPhone 4
    -Nicole

Green Apple
    Thanks
    The case made by Apple has so far been the best case I have seen. Unfortunately they have been on back order for quite some time now and getting them on ebay just doubles their price. However this case performs like a case for an ipad should. It gives you full protection of your ipad as well as allowing you to sit you ipad at an angle both vertically (reading books, typing notes, gaming) and horizontally (watching movies, internet browsing, etc.)
    I also have the Invsiashield that covers all of the pad. It keeps your device in full protection, no scratches whatsoever. Also it helps with the glare on the screen. Its a little pricey, but totally worth it. You can get the shield installed professionally at Best Buy or their kiosks in malls. Its probably better to do it that way anyways so you dont get bubbles or put it on awkwardly.

Apple Case
    5/5

Invsiashield
    4.5/5

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BrennenSB For This Useful Post:

kvizzel (12-08-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Speck Candy Shell Case For iPad - Bat Wing Black
    I bought it for $39.99 on amazon when I first got my iPad. Man can I say, this case takes a beating. The inside is a weird type of cushion so it adds protection to the iPad. It also has a dock cover, which is removable letting you be able to dock the iPad. The iPad easily slides in and out of the case and the case does NO HARM to the iPad. I have no scratches, nothing on the iPad. The front is a raised rubber piece which adds little protection to the iPad's front screen. I have to say the iPad adds bulk, which I like, but I don't like. I'm in between about it because it helps me grip and protect the iPad, but I would love a naked iPad. Just the sexiness of it, but I don't want to do any harm to it.

Overall the case is a good 4.5 out of 5.
    Only minus .5 cause too much bulk.

It's on sale at amazon for 28$.

[NOT MY PICTURES, JUST FOR REFERENCE]

I'm really looking into a full body guard because I want the iPad naked, with some protection!
    Last edited by kvizzel; 12-08-2010 at 01:38 AM.