+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Vehicle-Integration via Dock

is a discussion within the

iPad Accessories

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hey all, I'm trying to figure a way to utilize the dock connector from my Alpine CDA-9884 head unit (for iPod, works with iPhone(all versions) as a means of transmitting
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Vehicle-Integration via Dock
    Hey all,

I'm trying to figure a way to utilize the dock connector from my Alpine CDA-9884 head unit (for iPod, works with iPhone(all versions) as a means of transmitting the audio from the iPad through the stereo in my truck.

As I understand it, simply by plugging into the dock w/ the 30pin cable from my head unit, this will not work. I'm curious if it would be possible to use the Camera adapter (which I understand will transmit audio), a Male USB to Male USB cord, and a female USB to female dock connector (think iPod Shuffle to dock connector adapter) to hook up to the head unit and transmit the audio to the HU.

What do you guys think?

(
    SKiTz

My iPhone

Capacity: 4GB
    Version: 1.1.3
    Bootloader: 3.9
    Provider: AT&T

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skitz View Post
    As I understand it, simply by plugging into the dock w/ the 30pin cable from my head unit, this will not work.
    (
    How come? Have you tried?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I hate that. I have an Alpine IDA-X303, every iPod, iPhone I hooked up to it works perfect. But with the iPad the "Accessory is not Supported." I mean it's not too big of a deal since I usually have my iPhone everywhere with me anyway. I just assume with future updates it will work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

Since it works on other i-devices, I'd tend to think there's an apple imposed software restriction preventing it from working on the ipad... maybe to prevent you from playing with it while driving?
    Have you tried the cydia app 'resupported'? it's not for the exact issue you're having, but for one very similar. If I understand correctly, resupported allows video out from iphones via unsupported cables that otherwise would work fine on ipods. Without resupported, those ipod cables would produce an 'accessory is not supported' message on the iphone.
    If resupported doesn't work, I might even go as far as to contact the app developer to see if he/she could put something similar together to allow audio output for ipads in your situation.