+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone have the Eco-Vue? Question about it...

is a discussion within the

iPad Accessories

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I'm interested in purchasing said Eco-Vue (by Marware), however I was curious if anyone could tell me how snug a fit the iPad is within it? I was wanting to
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Kitsune's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Anyone have the Eco-Vue? Question about it...
    I'm interested in purchasing said Eco-Vue (by Marware), however I was curious if anyone could tell me how snug a fit the iPad is within it? I was wanting to put one of those 1mm shell cases around the ipad and then slip that inside the Eco-Vue, but I wasn't sure if it would fit. Though I have heard the Eco-Vue iPad compartment tends to loosen up after use.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i have an eco-vue with an ipad3g with film on the back and front. like you mentioned, the opening is somewhat flexible, and fits my ipad (slightly awkwardly, as if it's just ever so slightly stretched). the compartment will most likely to continue to loosen up, but hopefully not too much so. with a thin shell case, i would expect it to fit well, too, but i can't say for 100% certain

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Kitsune:

I had that case for about 5 minutes and returned it. While it was beautiful and well constructed it doubled the thickness and weight of the iPad. Unacceptable to me. I went back to the Apple case, which works extremely well for me, even though Im not that thrilled about it aesthetically.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm waiting for Lynn Terry of ClickNewz.com as she'll review it soon.
    mod edit/links removed

Thanks

I have one with my Ipad 3g and invisible shield on the front and back.It fit perfectly in the case just like the last user it's a little too thick but it not that bad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've got the Eco-Vue, and what everyone's said is correct. It does add a fair amount of bulk - but I like the protection that offers. It's also not obvious what you're carrying, as it looks like a generic, non-descript folio, with no Apple logo, and just about everything is covered save for a few features around the edge that might give it away.

The one big problem with this case, which is especially pertinent to you 3G users, is the magnets that keep the flip stand closed. They royally screw with the compass built into the unit. I did surgery and cut mine out, and my compass has been restored to normal.