Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help finding an iPad bag ...

Default Need help finding an iPad bag ...
    Hey guys. Looking for an iPad bag to carry my iPad around in and make sure it's safe. I am looking for something relatively inexpensive, around $40 and something that I can put a couple accessories in as well like the power cord and stuff.

Please suggest some bags with links to it and I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

I just got a Case Logic netbook sleeve for a D250 and tried the iPad in it first. It wasn't tight on the netbook, so it was even sloppier on the iPad, but if you already had a sleeve on your iPad, it should still fit in (and be doubly protected?) and there's a pocket on the front for power, cables, etc. I wouldn't necc. recommend putting a dock in there with it, but the power and cable should be okay.

Its a little out of your price range, but the incase travel kit plus is what I use. I wrote a thread about it here

I hated the neoprene sleeve that I picked up (the one at the Apple stores -- because every Apple store is out of their leatherette thingy) because I was tearing up my fingers folding the top over the iPad and folding it back to get it out again [AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHH!!!!!!!] so I picked up a Targus Crave Sleeve from Best Buy for under $40.

It's poofy (think 'down jacket'), has very deep pockets that the handles fold into when not needed (seriously, the handles aren't that big, so I would call them 'stealth pockets'), and an official zippered 'side pocket'. The interior is 'faux fur' (which seems to do a decent job of wiping prints/smudges off as it goes in 'n' out) and they claim it is 'water resistent' (probably in the same way that your down jacket is 'water resistent' until it gets really wet.)

So, far it's been working out great. The zipper comes down further on one end than the other, so if you wanted to leaving charging until the last second (or syncing) before you yank the cable, you coud do that -- or walk around with the headphones cabled (which I've done) and still have it mostly zipped up. The 'poofyness' seems to offer decent impact protection for day-to-day use. And it's not so big that it can't fit inside another bag: I have a backpack that I put my MBP and accessories into, and the iPad, inside the Crave Sleeve, fits nicely in. I can put my headphones, a charge cable and adapter inside the side pocket. I would say that it's a good 'secondary' sleeve: good enough for day trips, and good enough for longer use when acting as an ipad-specific supplement to a larger bag that your iPad and stuff goes into. If I were going on a multiday trip only with the iPad, I may take something like the incase travel kit plus instead, but daily work from a hotel to office and restaurants has seen perfect use/performance from the Crave Sleeve.
    Last edited by quidam_brujah; 05-12-2010 at 09:38 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

I got this Targus netbook bag at Radio Shack and i find it to be perfect.
    Last edited by fletch33; 05-14-2010 at 06:25 PM.
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

Have you seen Cocoon Innovations iPad cases? Had a little writeup on Gramercy Messenger Sling and Neoprene iPad case. Hope it helps!
    mod edit/links removed

Hmm with 40 bucks you can almost buy 3 of the sleeve i bought. It doesn't have any places to hold any accessories but it's dead simple and cheap (price-wise, quality is great). Looks like they got new colors (they only had black, gray and hot pink when i purchased mine)

mod edit, links removed.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 06-29-2010 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dunlapface View Post
    Hey guys. Looking for an iPad bag to carry my iPad around in and make sure it's safe. I am looking for something relatively inexpensive, around $40 and something that I can put a couple accessories in as well like the power cord and stuff.

Please suggest some bags with links to it and I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
    I found some such bags on stores, hope helps.
    Skulls Print Nylon Handbag Bag for Apple iPad - Wholesale Factory Direct
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Laptop-Messenger-Multi-Pockets-Apple-iPad/dp/B003BL96UU/ref=sr_1_12]Amazon.com: Laptop Messenger Bag with Multi-Pockets for the Apple iPad: Electronics[/ame]
    The course of true love never did run smooth.
    mod/edit link removed

iPhone? More like MyPhone louee6's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Incase Carrying Pouch...
    I currently use this Bag, and when I say a nice fit along with very handy to carry!! The handles even tuck away when you just feel like carrying a sleeve!! Paid $39 bucks and so worth it!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -black01.jpg   -black02.jpg   -black03.jpg   -black04.jpg  
    Behind every successful man is a surprised woman

I got mione from Chinabye, it cost me $38. Try there or on ebay.
    EDIT CPJR - SIG SPAM REMOVED