Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Camera Kit + Jailbreak: can you access usb?

Default Camera Kit + Jailbreak: can you access usb?
    I'm curious if anyone has tried mounting a USB device after ssh'ing into a jailbroken IPAD? If someone has both a jailbroken IPAD + the camera connection kit, would you mind replying to this post with the results of "df" from the command line after you've connected a camera or USB drive?

I'd like to know if the connected device shows up as a mount point. If yes, this may allow transfer of files to/from a usb connected device. I obviously don't have an IPAD at the moment but will definitely be getting one if there's even a hint that bidirectional file transfer is possible.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can check their IPAD!

-aaron

I've also been looking for the answer to this question and found this page iPad hacksugar: More than you wanted (or needed) to know about Apple's iPad Camera Connection Kit

Everything on the page says that we should easily be able to write data to an external disk

Great site - thanks!!!

This definitely answers my questions. It looks like you can read/write to the disks - most excellent!

Now my last question I'm trying to find an answer for Will this camera connector work with an Iphone 3GS for doing command line file transfers? I see a hint in the comments that it might.... hmmmm... =)