+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OK!!! iPad Camera Attachment

is a discussion within the

iPad Accessories

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by iphone?3gs Ok its a bummer to hear that the iPad dosent already have a camera but I still want one so bad and im thinking of getting
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphone?3gs View Post
    Ok its a bummer to hear that the iPad dosent already have a camera but I still want one so bad and im thinking of getting it. But my idea is what if the jailbreak community or third party company designed a camera for the ipad it could eaither fit in the bezel and connect via bluetooth or since the iPads screen swivels or orients all ways it could go into the 30 pin connector it could be like an accessory that would act within an app built for it. Going to sleep but just had to share that. Probably already thought of but coudnt find it. Also it shoudnt be impossible since there already are accesories for the iphone and ipod touch that interact with the phone and make it do stuff. Also since there is a spot in the bezel you could fit a bluetooth one in there... probably not but the 30 pin connector idea isnt bad right? I REALLY WANT ONE BUT ALSO WANT A WEBCAM FOR LIKE SKYPE AND OTHER STUFF!!!!

COME ON PPL!!!! I WANT IT!!!!!!!!! THINK THINK THINK.... Ok right now you can get data from the ipad. That is proven by the camera connection kit. So cant we design both an app and a camera for it. We can get a mac camera and fix it or just another small camera and make it usable for like video calls....
    I hope someone creates this and charges $1000 for the app. I know you would certainly pay this price. Please continue to drive up your demand by begging. Such drama with your iPad.

May your $1000 app come to you soon.
    Last edited by MooShoo; 05-14-2010 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Spelling

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MooShoo View Post
    I hope someone creates this and charges $1000 for the app. I know you would certainly pay this price. Please continue to drive up your demand by begging. Such drama with your iPad.

May your $1000 app come to you soon.
    Ya everyone will pay for an accessory that cost more than the product.... Whos begging no one is going to apple and saying please give us a camera adapter please over and over. We are trying to be respectful hackers and making one ourselves for cheap. You have a problem with that

Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    I think if you put that at the top of a two inch wide piece of plastic, embed the cable in the plastic, make it so it attaches to the back of the ipad and the bottom connects into the port, you are good to go!
    Thats a good idea but @fletch 33
    It wouldn't sit on it if it was in your hands or if it was on a dock. If its lying flat on the table it still wouldnt
    Last edited by iphone?3gs; 05-16-2010 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fletch33 View Post
    haha so if that were possible and you were using the camera as an adapter and placed the iPad on the table it would/could then hit your lock button while sitting on it. also the mic would then be at the bottom on the table as well

nice idea though anyway
    its been said that using the iPad camera connection kit , sound can go thru the usb...so adding a mic to that camera wouldnt be hard to implement
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

Especially since the ipad has a built in mic already!

Thanks

There's another app called Camera for Ipad, you get this for the ipad and you also download it for your phone, it doesn't have the 3.1.3 restrictions like A/B does and it works.
    I am using this app as well, works great. Only thing missing is to transfer th pics offline
    Otherwise works well via wifi and bluetooth

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    its been said that using the iPad camera connection kit , sound can go thru the usb...so adding a mic to that camera wouldnt be hard to implement
    There is already a mic in the iPad so we would not need that

But it can be done

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

we don't see an iPad camera soon, Steve wont force all to buy the next iPad next yaed...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsaoner View Post
    we don't see an iPad camera soon, Steve wont force all to buy the next iPad next yaed...
    Hopefully

iPhone? More like MyPhone McMichael96's Avatar
    Thanks

Need one of these:

This is so kewl! Skype video calling! W00T!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to McMichael96 For This Useful Post:

Redbeard46 (07-05-2010)

Thanks

If I am on Firmware 3.0 is there anything to fake it to 3.1.3 ?

Thanks

Because although it has a mic, a better one can be used...if this thing was to come out and it didn't have a mic then that would mean that you would haw to flip the thing and the mic would be covered or muffled...so mic right infront of the camera would Make sense
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigmoss View Post
    If I am on Firmware 3.0 is there anything to fake it to 3.1.3 ?
    Camera for ipad doesn't have this requirement.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple will release it in their next iPad most likely. You know how they run things

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Apple will release it in their next iPad most likely. You know how they run things
    Probably will but what about us first gens then?

Anyways u can fake your firmware though it is time for u to upgrade..... Cydia fake 3.1.3

Thanks

just a thought.
    is it possible to use the camera connection kit, put your "USB" driven camera into video mode, and have what we are after?
    So many cameras out there today brag that they can be used as a webcam.
    I don't have an ipad yet, but hope to have one soon, and this IS dear to my heart. My children's grandparents are 5,000 miles away from here, and skype with camera keeps us in touch so the kids know who "grandpa gum" is.
    unklbyl

Thanks

And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unklbyl View Post
    just a thought.
    is it possible to use the camera connection kit, put your "USB" driven camera into video mode, and have what we are after?
    So many cameras out there today brag that they can be used as a webcam.
    I don't have an ipad yet, but hope to have one soon, and this IS dear to my heart. My children's grandparents are 5,000 miles away from here, and skype with camera keeps us in touch so the kids know who "grandpa gum" is.
    unklbyl
    See that's what we need to achieve... But coding and getting hardware to work..

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    In the works.... It prob won't be released because of private API's
    Last edited by iphone?3gs; 06-24-2010 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

im predicting a camera on the ipad 2nd generation and/or ipod touch 4th generation if either of those actually come out

and wow webcam in the front would be amazing like the iphone4.
    Last edited by hotwheels177819; 06-25-2010 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotwheels177819 View Post
    im predicting a camera on the ipad 2nd generation and/or ipod touch 4th generation if either of those actually come out

and wow webcam in the front would be amazing like the iphone4.
    Well I don't know about the iPod touch maybe but definitely the second iPad because apple has already created a platform of video calling and there gonna put more devices to support it.

Thanks

Well of course, but that won't stop someone from at least releasing a way to get a common webcam to interface, and then let the community of devs find out how to make it work. It's really not that far of a reach.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix