+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OK!!! iPad Camera Attachment

is a discussion within the

iPad Accessories

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
It is definitely plausible that some company will make a camera attachment for iPad. Hell, Apple might even do it. I don't know the ins-and-outs of the 30-pin connector. As
    Thanks

It is definitely plausible that some company will make a camera attachment for iPad. Hell, Apple might even do it. I don't know the ins-and-outs of the 30-pin connector. As in, whether or not a camera could actually work. But I bet that this can be done. I wouldn't mind being able to have a $50 (LMFAO) 2MP webcam to skype with- wait, what's skype? hahahaha!!!! A webcam would have been nice, but I think Apple saw how gimmicky it was. Can you really say: "Hey, I'm going to use that everyday!"? I literally don't know a single person who uses a webcam. I used mine once, and was like wow, never again.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've been messing with that camera-a camera-b app that let's you use your iphone camera remotely on the ipad wig Bluetooth. Works good, makes your iPhone a remote camera for your iPad and I'm sure you can do other stuff with it too shortly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    It is definitely plausible that some company will make a camera attachment for iPad. Hell, Apple might even do it. I don't know the ins-and-outs of the 30-pin connector. As in, whether or not a camera could actually work. But I bet that this can be done. I wouldn't mind being able to have a $50 (LMFAO) 2MP webcam to skype with- wait, what's skype? hahahaha!!!! A webcam would have been nice, but I think Apple saw how gimmicky it was. Can you really say: "Hey, I'm going to use that everyday!"? I literally don't know a single person who uses a webcam. I used mine once, and was like wow, never again.
    I kinda do, for work and for family pretty much every day to every two days.... and it should be possible because we know data can be transfered from an external non-apple thing to the ipad

Thanks

Like the camera a and b thing can there be an app like skype that can take video off of the iphone and do video chat on the ipad or one way video?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thisisasticup View Post
    You're very dramatic.
    I know I have been lately man back to therapy jk jk but seriously I love my iPad a lot but I want a webcam this thing is just so easy to carry and do stuff on......

Banned
    Thanks
    I think it would be awesome if they created a swivel type camera that fitted to the 30 pin connector, just like the Sony Clie back in the day!

Swivel for self portrait/video conferencing or the other way to take actual pictures.

I wonder if anyone is going to make a 30 pin port replicator (can it handle that?). I'm thinking of something that plugs into the 30 pin connector and is wide enough for the device that maybe only added a half an inch BUT that has 3 30 pin connectors.

Or would that be too gaudy

Thanks

K Heres the concept.....

Ok im trying to be as down to earth as possible....

Specs
    180 Swivel Lens
    5 Megapixel for Video and Picture
    Full Aluminum Body
    30 Pin Connecter

How will we chat and pic

Ok I KNOW it is possible to transfer data to the iPad with a connector... We need to make an app that will either with jailbreak or without be able to take data that is being streamed to the port and make it show the video from the camera.....

THE THING IS i dont know if the port is software blocked right now but either way that can be fixed after jailbreak

Someone (Im not great at app development and coding) will need to make an app that supports video chat from different clients and take pictures... Skype, Gmail etc. It will need to be able to take a picture

Anyone Willing to try??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OK!!! iPad Camera Attachment-appleipad.png  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Brother...I feel your pain. That's the reason I held off on buying the 1st Gen iPad as much as I wanted one. Knowing that Apple has already incorporated a front facing camera on the next iPhone 4G, you can bet that once they have it fine tuned by customer use and software upgrades that by next year the 2nd Gen iPad will probably be sporting camera's. Oh!...and we'll all of course have to go out and buy it...lol Cha-Ching

Banned
    Thanks
    I don't know, myself it's not really too big of deal for me. I figured I will get my use out of this thing within a year anyway and it will pay itself off. After I'm done with it, I'll just give it to my son and I'm sure he will love it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by squint0241 View Post
    Brother...I feel your pain. That's the reason I held off on buying the 1st Gen iPad as much as I wanted one. Knowing that Apple has already incorporated a front facing camera on the next iPhone 4G, you can bet that once they have it fine tuned by customer use and software upgrades that by next year the 2nd Gen iPad will probably be sporting camera's. Oh!...and we'll all of course have to go out and buy it...lol Cha-Ching
    It probably will be in the next generation but I just couldn't hold off and bought it....

Thanks

Lol iphone3?s it used to be called and iSight LOL. If they could make my old iSight work that would be cool. But to be honest I'm not that fussed about a camera, if it happens great, if not I'm happy with my iPad 3G =)
    Bio Boosting iPhone Armour

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guyverunit View Post
    Lol iphone3?s it used to be called and iSight LOL. If they could make my old iSight work that would be cool. But to be honest I'm not that fussed about a camera, if it happens great, if not I'm happy with my iPad 3G =)
    Thats even better!!! Harware done

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

OMG you have no idea- I have been preaching this SAME exact hope for apple. I haven't gotten the iPad yet but I'm DETERMINED to buy it on this generation because it HAS to be possible to create a camera attachment! I even chatted with an apple rep online about the possibility and they were so tight lipped about it like they weren't at liberty to discuss LOL. But i'm with you man and if you ever hear of anything, let a brother KNOW!!

Thanks

There's another app called Camera for Ipad, you get this for the ipad and you also download it for your phone, it doesn't have the 3.1.3 restrictions like A/B does and it works.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    There's another app called Camera for Ipad, you get this for the ipad and you also download it for your phone, it doesn't have the 3.1.3 restrictions like A/B does and it works.
    Good find! I'm gonna look into that. Anyways iPlease is right it is possible and I'll try my best to get it to work and I'll tell y'all.

Oh ya and guyverunit that was also a great find, I don't have an external iSight but that is a really good idea...

Ok JAilBReAk is out for iPad and now we can actually look into stuff like that

Coders and programmers any if you know if there is an app that can be created that can take stream of data from the port? Or is it possible to make a program?

Thanks

With the latest announcement of os 4.0 I think it is almost guaranteed that some dev will make a camera attachment and bank from the App Store. I don't see why this would have to be a jailbreak only thing
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    With the latest announcement of os 4.0 I think it is almost guaranteed that some dev will make a camera attachment and bank from the App Store. I don't see why this would have to be a jailbreak only thing
    It probably dosent have to be jailbreak only but maybe it is... Im guessing if we want to be able to do this we will prob be going against some rules and places devs arnt allowed in therefore the jailbreak....

But maybe not... who knows

Thanks

Need one of these:

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    Need one of these:

haha so if that were possible and you were using the camera as an adapter and placed the iPad on the table it would/could then hit your lock button while sitting on it. also the mic would then be at the bottom on the table as well

nice idea though anyway
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

Thanks

I think if you put that at the top of a two inch wide piece of plastic, embed the cable in the plastic, make it so it attaches to the back of the ipad and the bottom connects into the port, you are good to go!