+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Check Out These Cases for the iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad Accessories

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Apple iPad : Cimo Cases, We got you covered They're pretty inexpensive, imho. I already got one and it arrived before I expected. So far so good. What do you
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Arrow Check Out These Cases for the iPad
    Apple iPad : Cimo Cases, We got you covered

They're pretty inexpensive, imho. I already got one and it arrived before I expected. So far so good. What do you guys think? I'll post up pictures upon request. I got the Soft Gel Case. I'm thinking about the Flap cases since they lowered the price.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Zagg product is way better and has lifetime warranty too!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

But they aren't even the same products. Zagg doesn't sell cases...also invisibleshield wont save your iPad from a short drop, whereas one of these cases may.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ysbb View Post
    But they aren't even the same products. Zagg doesn't sell cases...also invisibleshield wont save your iPad from a short drop, whereas one of these cases may.
    Actually there you are wrong. They will protect from short drops too. No the invisibleshield will not protect from a 20 story drop, but neither will your method either!

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Thinking of buying the pink one....

"Always remember your special and unique!"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't think the invisibleshield would help at all. It's only .2mm thick, it would have to be some sort of super material that absorbs shock AS WELL AS scratches.

Cases on the other hand protect it from dents, and since they are around 2mm thick, that is more than enough to absorb and spread some of the energy from the ground to the case rather than the device.

Quote Originally Posted by iggychins View Post
    Actually there you are wrong. They will protect from short drops too. No the invisibleshield will not protect from a 20 story drop, but neither will your method either!

iPhone? More like MyPhone one_crazy_dude's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow screen savers to. They must be a nightmare to put on

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can only imagine...but it probably pays off with the glare reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by one_crazy_dude View Post
    Wow screen savers to. They must be a nightmare to put on

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

If money is no object, these cases are beautiful; i used to have a Vaja case for my Sony Clie.... and they are extremely well made, even if they cost almost half of a new iPad.

Vaja - Leather Products

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Vaja...yes they make amazing cases. WIsh I could afford one.

Thanks

i got a incase netbook 10.0inch hard case with some storage areas and i love it
    Keithsta

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    for just a fabric sleeve (scratch protection only) i prefer the radtech or sfbags version, just simple optical cloth sleeve, I have had a ractech one for every laptop I have owned and really have no complaints.

Thanks

Why the h*ll do the cheap ebay cases all have a hole where the apple logo is?? I just want an inexpensive gel case for my 3G iPad (when I get it). The closest is either iLuv ($30) or Belkin ($50). Wouldn't you want to protect it all and not 93.3% of it? I. don't. get. it. Just like the CIMO case in the first post.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Doubt it. These are like the same design as the cases for iPhone. They all decided: "Hey, lets show off the Apple logo! Yeah, that makes sense! Everyone will be so jealous to see our Apple Logos!"
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Banned
    Thanks
    Has anyone bought anything from handhelditems.com?

I bought a couple cases and screen protectors and these guys have fantastic support and super fast shipping! Anyone else have experience with them...good OR bad?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the original post, nice cases there.

Hopefully, we can review those cases as well on our blog soon.
    mod edit/links removed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pat3ck View Post
    Thanks for the original post, nice cases there.

Hopefully, we can review those cases as well on our blog soon.
    That's a nice blog you have there! Best of luck.

Do you guys actually have all of those cases?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not all.
    mod edit/links removed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Review : Fabrix Magic Sleeve for iPad
    Thought I can share some thoughts with the rest of the guys here about my latest purchase.

I got myself the original Apple case for my iPad but the fit hasn't been what I expected and its attracting alot of dust inside. I ordered a dodo case which will take another month or so before it can be ready (bumper!). I figured I would like another case, maybe like a slip cover that has more padding so that I can throw my iPad in my messenger bag when I head out at times. I can then just take out the iPad and use it naked (which feels the best in my honest opinion that is!)

Of coz Im using a matt screen guard that I got from ebay for screen protection.

I use a fabrix laptop case for my macbook pro and hence took the plunge and ordered a fabrix sleeve for my ipad. Just got it in my mailbox last week and have been using it for a week and here is my 2 cents worth.

1. The Fit and Workmanship

Its pretty good, not too loose or too tight. Easy to slide in and remove from the ipad from the case. The good is that they added a "pillow flap" sort of mechanism to the case thats inside so that you can hook the flap over the iPad and it will stay intact in the case. All this is without any zippers (scratches ouch !) or velcro strips (not a fan of the noise). I tried swinging the case around with the flap on and the ipad never took flight

The stitching is pretty awesome I must admit, most of the stitching lines are hidden and very straight so the case looks very minimally constructed.

2. The Design

They have quite a selection of design, I went for the more classic and safe choice which is the Neutral Pack Grey design. The exterior is like this greyish fabric and the interior is a suave matching pinstripes.

3. Pros and Cons

Well it definitely looks way cooler than the standard neoprene sleeves and nylon zip cases on the market. Its very light weight, it hardly adds any weight to the ipad and the cushiony feel when I grab it in my hand feels really nice, just like a blanket ! Its pretty well padded so it think it can withstand some bumps when I keep it inside my bag when I head out. The new pillow flap thing is a huge plus, makes me feel safer that the ipad won't slip out by itself. The flap also covers the top edge which is usually exposed in the other sock like cases, hence preventing it from scratches.

Well, the obvious con is that I have to take out the ipad when I want to use it unlike those flip type cases. But then again, I kind of dig using the ipad naked coz the flip cases on the market right now just ain't that fantastic. I think this slip on type of cases is meant for a different target group then the flip case users.

4. Cost

The case costs me $32.90 and shipping is $5.00. You can order them from their online store . There is a promo code that you can use if you purchase a second item which you can get a discount on just look out for that.

5. Conclusion

This is a back to basics concept that just works. I mean, there are fancy cases out there with tonnes of stands and pockets and compartments but I figured I really hardly use them. Sometimes I just want a simple solution, a case I can slot the ipad in and throw it into my bag and head out. Its light which is great for travelling, I usually put the case on the table and rest my ipad on the case when I am out at the cafe or using it on my lap. Its actually pretty comfortable! So, this case is for those folks would want a stylish simple no frills case to bring out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Check Out These Cases for the iPad-p1040140.jpg   Check Out These Cases for the iPad-p1040144.jpg   Check Out These Cases for the iPad-p1040145.jpg   Check Out These Cases for the iPad-p1040148.jpg   Check Out These Cases for the iPad-p1040149.jpg   Check Out These Cases for the iPad-p1040150.jpg   Check Out These Cases for the iPad-p1040151.jpg   Check Out These Cases for the iPad-p1040152.jpg