Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bug/Conflict: Keyboard appears in springboard

Default Bug/Conflict: Keyboard appears in springboard
    Let me start off by stating that Im not sure exactly which app is causing this, but its either intelliscreen, tlert, or elert (most likely a combination of two).

Basically, what happens is:
    1. I'll open up an app after unlocking the phone (from sleep) I know it happens occasionally with Mail
    2. I'll try to use the app but the program is unresponsive
    3. Hit the home button
    4. Keyboard will appear with the springboard menu. The keyboard wont go away even if you.

I can't reproduce the issue on command, but it seems to happen roughly 3 or 4 times a day in normal use. I think what causes it is a combination of reply or viewing a message in elert or intelliscreen and then unlocking and opening an app.

Ive attached a couple example screencaps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg   -photo-2.jpg  

Just to mention, I'm running a iPhone 3GS JB'd with redsnow, running all up to date apps (as of today July 14th). The only other JB apps Im running are SBSettings, Winterboard and 5-icon dock

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ducay - I've had this happen since I first JB'ed my 3GS. This seems to be exclusive to 3GS, I never saw this problem with 3G.

I'm guessing the problem is closer to Tlert than the other two. I don't use Elert, so while it may be a contributor I have the problem without that program. Since Tlert intends to bring up the keyboard to answer text messages on any screen, my guess is something causes a conflict in the call to launch the keyboard.

Have you noticed any problems in the mail app when this happens? This problem almost always starts as buttons being unresponsive in the mail app. I can't select any messages, and the buttons don't work. My only option it to use the home button to the springboard. When it springs, the keyboard comes up. I have to respring to get it to go away. Thank goodness for SBSettings, which makes the respring simple.

I hope the RYP devs are watching, maybe this is something they're working on. I'm guessing the new search feature from the springboard or the way the new messaging app works is causing the conflict. They don't openly support 3GS yet, so I'm hopeful future releases will address this. They haven't let me down yet!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythebook View Post
    Ducay - I've had this happen since I first JB'ed my 3GS. This seems to be exclusive to 3GS, I never saw this problem with 3G.

I'm guessing the problem is closer to Tlert than the other two. I don't use Elert, so while it may be a contributor I have the problem without that program. Since Tlert intends to bring up the keyboard to answer text messages on any screen, my guess is something causes a conflict in the call to launch the keyboard.

Have you noticed any problems in the mail app when this happens? This problem almost always starts as buttons being unresponsive in the mail app. I can't select any messages, and the buttons don't work. My only option it to use the home button to the springboard. When it springs, the keyboard comes up. I have to respring to get it to go away. Thank goodness for SBSettings, which makes the respring simple.

I hope the RYP devs are watching, maybe this is something they're working on. I'm guessing the new search feature from the springboard or the way the new messaging app works is causing the conflict. They don't openly support 3GS yet, so I'm hopeful future releases will address this. They haven't let me down yet!
    What you described is exactly the same as what is occuring with me. I'll continue to try and isolate exactly how to reproduce it

happens to me too, have to reboot everytime. gonna have to subscribe to this thread till someone finds an answer
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i'm not having the keyboard problem on my 3GS. mine is jailbroken using purplera1n and i have intelliscreen, tlert, sbsettings, winterboard, winterboard settings, weathericon, backgrounder, mquickdo, and supreme preferences 3 installed.

i open my mail.app quite a few times through out the day and works fine every time

Its not an all the time issue, thats why its hard to isolate the cause of the bug. 95% of the time its fine and mail.app opens just fine and dandy, but that 5% is where the issue lies.

Some issue is occuring in the lockscreen causing mail.app to be unresponsive when accessed right after an unlock, which brings up the keyboard when pressing the home key

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

FWIW, I too have see the keyboard on springboard issue. As ducay stated, it does not happen in a repeatable way. I may get it once every two days or so....have not see it in a while though.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

My phone has the same issue

I have a jailbroken iPhone 4. I'm having issues with the keyboard randomly appearing as I unlock or even before I unlock. It's becoming more frequent. I thought perhaps it's happening because of iRealSMS or biteSMS, but I've uninstalled them and the problem goes away for a while then returns. I have lockscreen with the twitter and weather plugins. Also 3G unrestrictor, folder closer, notified pro. Help!

Green Apple
    Thanks

BiteSMS did that to me