Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rock Extensions crashing Springboard in FW 3.0

Default Rock Extensions crashing Springboard in FW 3.0
    Hi, I've been having problems with IntelliScreen since upgrading to 3.0. IntelliScreen may be 3.0 compatible but the Rock Extensions are not. They're crashing Springboard and need to be disabled. With them disabled, IntelliScreen will not run.

The Rock Your Phone site has a banner stating that they're working on a "soft unlock" for 3.0 and to not upgrade until it's released. Can you explain what is meant by "soft unlock"? Will this enable compatibility with 3.0 and allow me to install IntelliScreen?

I only jailbreak for two reasons: 1) IntelliScreen 2) SBSettings.

These two extensions worked fine together before 3.0. Can you give an estimate when they'll work again?

many thanks,

--dhl

I dont know for what they are waiting for, maybe they dont know that 3.0 is out already...

IntelliScreen did the same thing to me, but i removed it and the extensions and my springboard is still crashing now...hope a fix is on the way.

DHL: Soft unlock is the Rock Your Phone jailbreak. Rock Extensions and the Rock App our 3.0 ready
    Lefty: As you removed IntelliScreen - it's highly likely it's not intelliscreen causing the problem .

All: Rock Extesnsions popsup with an error msg, but may have nothing to do with Rock Extensions - it's a safety mechanism.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    DHL: Soft unlock is the Rock Your Phone jailbreak. Rock Extensions and the Rock App our 3.0 ready
    Lefty: As you removed IntelliScreen - it's highly likely it's not intelliscreen causing the problem .

All: Rock Extesnsions popsup with an error msg, but may have nothing to do with Rock Extensions - it's a safety mechanism.
    @psuskeels

If I enable the Rock Extensions, mobile substrate crashes every time. I get a sad iphone and am thrown into safe mode. I have to disable Rock Extensions to get springboard to load.

All other jailbreak apps work fine. Besides Intelliscreen, I use SBSettings and Netatalk.

I have a 2G 8gb iphone pwned and jailbroken with pwnagetool 3.0. I install Intelliscreen via Cydia.

This configuration worked fine before the 3.0 update. There is clearly a problem with the Rock Extensions under 3.0. Please advise.

Thanks!

DHL: Can you send the syslog with a crash (either install syslog or get syslog from Rock Your Phone desktop client -->right click on phone, click View iPhone SYstem log). I am very confident this is not an issue with our apps, but rather a conflict with some other app.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

DHL: Can you send the syslog with a crash (either install syslog or get syslog from Rock Your Phone desktop client -->right click on phone, click View iPhone SYstem log). I am very confident this is not an issue with our apps, but rather a conflict with some other app.
    sure, I've installed syslog and will send you a report.

Let us all know what happens, I installed Rock on my 3.0 phone yesterday, all seemed to work, with Intelliscreen and TLERT but all of a sudden I would get Safe Mode often and telling me to disable rock extensions over and over like you, hope it gets fixed and working on 3.0 as grerat as 2.21

Thanks all
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

Dallas: Feel free to send me your syslog too

PSuskeels I uninstalled ROCK and all apps etc, cause it was causing problems, are they still on my phone somewhere

Thanks again for the great work
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

Default syslog and crash report log
    @psuskeels

here's my syslog:

pastebin - collaborative debugging tool

here's the crash report log it points to:

pastebin - collaborative debugging tool

Thanks for looking into this. Hope to be using Intelliscreen again soon.

--dhl

My phone has also been going into Safe Mode quite regularly, and it never did it a single time pre-OS 3.0. I have Intelliscreen installed via the Rock desktop client and SBSettings. It has crashed while running Safari and while running a game under a subcategory with the "Categories" app.

I have been getting odd behavior from Intelliscreen that I never got before. For one thing, when I hit the home button from a locked phone, 9 times out of 10 it is on the IntelliDial screen instead of Intelliscreen. I don't want it to do that, but I haven't found a way to change it. (Maybe uninstall Intellidial?) Also, there have been several times where the fields in Intelliscreen will start flashing rapidly, especially if my inbox or calendar is empty. Just the mailbox field will flash, for instance, going from showing the background photo to the transparent field and back. It does that until I unlock the phone. A few times I have also seen Intelliscreen superimposed over the Springboard. I never saw any of this before 3.0. Any ideas would be appreciated. I don't know that Intelliscreen is causing the safe mode crashes but it has certainly been acting up.

-Matt

Hi psuskeels.

I'm on OS 3.0 Iphone first generation.

The latest Intelliscreen is installed and i got a crash everytime, when i change layout and it ends in safe mode.

I attached two logs: syslog and crashlog.

regards
    Attached Files Attached Files

dhl.. i'm assuming you have fetch and push turned off.. can you turn one of them on and get back to me? (i know - shouldn't cause a problem - but i'm just trying to narrow down the source .. based on your logs.. i would agree that there is a race condition somewhere.

Update: This is def. caused with not having fetch or push turned on and then sliding to unlock the screen before IntelliScreen launched (5 second delay). Fixed in 2.94.1 of IntelliShared. Thanks everyone for the help!
    Last edited by skeels; 06-26-2009 at 02:34 AM.

dhl.. i'm assuming you have fetch and push turned off.. can you turn one of them on and get back to me? (i know - shouldn't cause a problem - but i'm just trying to narrow down the source .. based on your logs.. i would agree that there is a race condition somewhere.
    correct, I don't use either fetch or push so both were off in the previous logs. I'll send you new logs with fetch turned on. --dhl

Mine must be a different issue because I do have both fetch and push turned on.

Update: This is def. caused with not having fetch or push turned on and then sliding to unlock the screen before IntelliScreen launched (5 second delay). Fixed in 2.94.1 of IntelliShared. Thanks everyone for the help!

MCarson: The new rockextensions (0.94) will tell you what's causing a problem.. can you post the info?

This may not be the place to ask, but I have used Intelliscreen since I think March or April and really love the program. I have since updated to 3.0 and then JB my phone. When I tried to reinstall Intelliscreen, it locked up the phone and I had to restore. Now of course I see that you say everything should be good to go. Am I correct is assuming that the way to install it now would be to install the rockapp from the website with the "soft" unlock and then install Intelliscreen even though I am already unlocked? I really really miss that program on my phone.

fix confirmed, everything now working properly. Happy to be using Intelliscreen again! Many thanks psuskeels!

Thx psuskeels.
    Latest update fixed my problems. No more "safe mode" after configuring layout.

regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast