Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Unlock your iPhone V1.0.2 Activate + YouTube + Installer

Thanks

Post [GUIDE] Unlock your iPhone V1.0.2 Activate + YouTube + Installer
    So you just got your brand new iPhone and you want to unlock it? Read the guide below and you’ll be unlocked in about 20 minutes!

The guide assumes that the phone that you are using hasn’t got 1.1.1 already on it. if you purchased the phone before today, you won’t need to worry about that.

=== IMPORTANT INFO ===

Do not even dare to skip a step because you think that you’re smart. Read the whole guide before taking the phone out of the box and then read everything twice again before doing something.

This guide is for Windows computers and brand new iPhones. If you did an unlock on your iPhone, you need to do a virgin restore before trying this. And no, that’s not an iTunes restore.

Do not ask why I use AppTapp and iBrickr. There are quite many ways leading to Rome… I unlocked my iPhone this way and it worked. AppTapp and iBrickr are also both great programs so I don’t see a reason for leaving them off your phone.

=== REQUIREMENTS ===

==== THE GUIDE ===

1. Start iTunes, go to Help > about iTunes and check if you have iTunes 7.4.1.2. If not, remove iTunes and download and install version 7.4.1.2.
    2. Close iTunes. Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE, find iTunesHelper.exe under processes and terminate it.
    3. Open the box with your brand new iPhone. Show it to the persons in your house and tell them that you are going to unlock it now. Put a ‘do not disturb’ sign on your door and plug in the USB end of the cable that came with your iPhone in an USB port in your computer.
    4. Press and hold both the power and home button on your iPhone, till you see a yellow triangle.. Plug the other end of the cable in the iPhone (and keep the phone plugged in during the entire unlock process, so ’till the end of this guide).
    5. Open iTunes. Hold shift and click restore and select the iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw firmware file. DO NOT RESTORE TO FIRMWARE VERSION 1.1.1, post a comment if the shift thingy isn’t working! Follow the steps on your screen to restore the iPhone. Make sure that it restores to firmware version 1.0.2.
    6. Once the restore is finished, you’ll see the activation screen on the iPhone again. Close iTunes (and the iTunesHelper.exe) and start AppTapp (you downloaded this file).
    7. Hit continue. Select the 1.0.2 firmware. Hit continue again. Now AppTapp will start copying the files. Due to some bad coding the progress bar isn’t really working. When your iPhone goes to the yellow triangle screen and then back to the activation screen, then wait 120 seconds and check if AppTapp says completed (bar won’t be full), then close AppTapp.
    8. Go to the folder where you extracted PACAY and start “(CLICK HERE) activate.bat”. Follow the steps on your screen. When it asks to power the iPhone off and on again: Hold the power button on the phone, slide the red slider, wait about 15 seconds and power the phone on again.
    9. Use wiNstaller to install anySIM.app
    10. On you iPhone, you’ll see an anySIM icon now! Don’t click it yet! Go to (on the phone) settings > general > auto-lock and select never.
    11. From the Home screen hit anySIM. Follow the steps on your screen and unlock the phone! Do not stop the process and do not start it twice!
    12. When the unlock is completed, press the home button and shut down your iPhone.
    13. Take out the AT&T SIM by putting a paper clip in the little hole next to the power button of the phone. Insert your own SIM in the holder and place it back in the phone.
    14. Turn on your phone and check if you can make a call! If you get the “SIM Locked” error, just enter the SIM’s PIN code (which you setup on your previous phone or is still the default 0000).
    15. If you don’t want EDGE or want to prevent unpayable bills, go to Setting > General > Network > Edge and remove all setting there.
    16. Reboot your iPhone.
    17. Start iBrickr, goto Applications and remove anySIM.
    18. Close iBrickr, unplug the iPhone and remove the plastic on the phone.
    19. Play with your brand new iPhone! You’ll see an icon called installer on your springboard. Open it and install the community sources. Now you’ll have access to hundreds of brand new iPhone programs! But watch out! Don’t install them like a madman, check their sites for bugs and check if they are safe!

MAC users please use the Mac versions of the tools used in this guide

Updated this post on 10/18/2007 to replace Erica's Unlock.app with anySIM v1.1.1
    Updated this post on 10/28/2007 to replace anySIM v1.1 with anySIM-1.1p
    Last edited by ReVan; 10-28-2007 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Update

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ReVan For This Useful Post:

aaliyahdani2005 (10-15-2007), blue_wind (10-09-2007), bobo371 (10-29-2007), dooey5 (10-30-2007), hernz (10-21-2007), krissybear (10-16-2007), madrude (10-17-2007), mekodamier (10-09-2007), MikeSmith (10-19-2007), morton (10-28-2007), nsolis (11-06-2007), quan_vespa (10-25-2007), uwrite (10-21-2007)

nice, stickied.
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Retired ModMyi.com Moderator

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/laynem

Reviewed Apps:
    Oregon Trail, Who Has The Biggest Brain, Lock Puzzle, Tweetie

Want an app reviewed? PM me with the app name

Yes nice. But i have problem. With new FirmWare of Modem it's not working. I google alot of ways but it always Incorect SIM . may be you now way. also i copy file lockdown to nesasary folder. Sow it's looks like if you update form 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 and then form 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 eberithing is working but u can not worki with SIM.
    Can you help me please.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to biba For This Useful Post:

sarobine (10-09-2007)

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

pretty nice so noobs can check this out
     Think Different

thanks for this it was alot of help
    i only have one question
    can i uninstall or take off the installer app because i want my iphone to have nothing on it except the original applications?
    thanks once again
    Last edited by rsobbi; 10-09-2007 at 07:16 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

Nice Guide!!! Works 100%!!!

how can i do a virgin restore?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yomerit0 View Post
    how can i do a virgin restore?
    Read the Stickys on this forum or use the search pls!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ReVan For This Useful Post:

robbin_joe (10-11-2007)

One question: I bought an Iphone with the fw 1.0.2, do i still need to restore it to "iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw" in order to unlock it?

Thanks in advance

13. The Following User Says Thank You to orgy9111 For This Useful Post:

uteswin (10-14-2007)

i hv iphone FW 1.1.1 but i downgrade to FW 1.0.2 already, can i use this method to unlock my iphone?

thank u for the guide had problems getting a 1.0.2 all done up but ur guide sorted it all out.tks:-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by todayismine View Post
    i hv iphone FW 1.1.1 but i downgrade to FW 1.0.2 already, can i use this method to unlock my iphone?
    You can downgrade the firmware but NOT the v4 modem baseband with this method, hence you will face a "Invalid SIM Error"

*** Updated the main post on 10/14/2007 to replace using AnySIM with Erica's Unlock.app ***
    Last edited by ReVan; 10-14-2007 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

using unlock.app I still get incorrect sim now what?

Thanks

Please copy the lockdownd file to /usr/libexec/

The lockdownd file is available at the Downloads section here.

Please tell me how download wIntaller in order to install UNLOCK.APP

I have downloaded 3.03 OE-C Winstaller, but it seems that is not usable in this case.

Thanks

hi, do you mind me asking why all the guides changed from AnySim1.0.2 to Unlock.app? cheers, nh

Default Launching iTunes hold shift
    I am having trouble launching iTunes while holding shift. I launched iTunes and than held the shift key. A window pops up asking me to update the iTunes library. I selected my library and held shift again. iTunes just launches normal. I do not get a restore prompt.

I did a fresh iTunes 7.4.1.2 as you mentioned.

I also want to clarify step 4. First, I pressed both power/home and no yellow triangle appeared. I tried this several times. I than plugged the cable into the iPhone and than press and held power/home and the yellow triangle appeared. I went onto step 4 where I encountered the issue with hold shift and launching iTunes.

I am new at this. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by dzee View Post
    I am having trouble launching iTunes while holding shift. I launched iTunes and than held the shift key. A window pops up asking me to update the iTunes library. I selected my library and held shift again. iTunes just launches normal. I do not get a restore prompt.
    Dzee, dont hold shift when loading itunes, hold shift when pressing the RESTORE button. Doing this allows you to browse your computer for the 1.0.2 restore image. cheers

23. The Following User Says Thank You to nhstudios For This Useful Post:

dzee (10-15-2007)

Default Step 11
    I have made it to step 11 and once again I am stuck.

How do I get to the iPhone settings once i see the unlock slider. Your directions say "not to unlock yet!"

Thanks.

Hi ReVan,

Can you help me out with step #11. I can not get to the home screen to adjust settings after running unlock.app

I really want to unlock this bad boy. Thanks
    Last edited by dzee; 10-15-2007 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

How do i install the unlock app, I have windows but when I click on the file it does nothing but pop up in all these different graphics

I had the same problem, here is the link
    http://www.iphone-hacks.com/forums/post-926.html
    ...when you get to the page scroll down a little and it will tell you to install Winstaller. Then you will open the file that I believe is on the bottom of the left side of the screen winstaller (with something at the end). When that opens you will see at the top left install application and that is what you use.
    Last edited by aaliyahdani2005; 10-15-2007 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast