+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: problem with lock screen ambush

is a discussion within the

Installer Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
I am new to the iPhone so I could use some assistance on this. I downloaded a couple of apps along with hackulo.us yesterday and now have a black lock
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy problem with lock screen ambush
    I am new to the iPhone so I could use some assistance on this. I downloaded a couple of apps along with hackulo.us yesterday and now have a black lock screen with the message

" This doesn't really do anything yet, but it/did/ get loaded off the server :P.(Awesome, huh?)

It doesn't allow anything to show in the lock screen either. I had a picture of my husband on the lockscreen before it showed up and now isn't there. Any lockscreen apps I installed don't work either.

This happened before and I did a full restore to get rid of it. I have removed all lock screen apps I installed(trying to get rid of the obnoxious thing) but nothing seems to get rid of it. Before I do a full restore AGAIN does anyone know how to get rid of this? Would a back up from my iTunes get rid of it?

I don't know where it's coming from. I had downloaded sinFuliphone and thought it came from there but I didn't load it this time.

Any help would be appreciated!

Green Apple
    Thanks

hey wyvon i was in a similiar situation where my cousin played with my phone and him being too young, i didnt expect him to just play game on it nevertheless after i received it i couldent remove or move my app around the springboard and i got frustrated.

Couldent blamed the kid and didnt seem to know how it was or could have been caused so i decided to uninstalled my programs/tweaks/software from cydia one at a time and checked between each process if the situation had changed and luckily it did when i uninstalled lockdown pro

so i recommend this before restoring and check after each uninstallation if the lock screen has changed might be slow process but i might save you about 2-2 an half hours

also removed the theme if any just incase because some them have string writen which might affect your lockscreen

WARNING - in cydia - select manage tab four tab at the bottom) - select setting (top left) - select user(graphical only)

WARNING - when removing/uninstalling packages from cydia DO NOT REMOVE/UNINSTALL these:

bigboss's source
    cydia community source
    cydia installer
    dev-team
    modmyi.com
    saurik's source
    zodttd's source

these where installed pria to cydia's installation

hope it saves you the restoring

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Souljaboy Izy For This Useful Post:

wyvon54 (08-20-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I actually tried what you suggested, removing one thing at a time until I was back to what I started with(I think). But I still had the stupid quote on screen. Since I restored I have since installed other things and have the quote back on. So I'm not sure what exactly is putting it on. I'm going to try one more time to uninstall everything and try to get it off. I can't believe no one else has had this happen to them though!!. Thanks for response, I'll posted back if I can find what it is.