Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs

Question 3gs
    I have just purchased a 2nd hand 3GS unlocked
    I tried to clear all the old users contacts by doing a reset the phone seems to have locked.
    Any ideas how to unfeeze it?
    Thanks

Welcome to MMi
    When you say "I tried to clear all the old users contacts by doing a reset" what did you do?... restored with iTunes?
    Do you need it unlocked for use with other then AT&T? I assume you do

Default 3gs
    Hi
    thanks for the reply.
    the phone was unlocked and worked using my T mobile sim so that was ok.
    I went in to general and erased All Contents and settings.
    Thanks Clive

Bit green with the site but sent you a message but unsure it was directed to you.
    Try again
    3gs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi
    thanks for the reply.
    the phone was unlocked and worked using my T mobile sim so that was ok.
    I went in to general and erased All Contents and settings.
    Thanks Clive
    Last edited by Shack1401; 01-07-2010 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hmmm, Try turning the phone off, then back on.
    I know you said it was frozen, but try anyway the erased All Contents and settings shouldn't have messed with your unlock. In fact I don't think it will erase the contacts either.
    try restarting it first... If that doesn't work you may need to restore and jailbreak/unlock it again

Thanks I have turned off & on now several times but all I get is the apple and the spoked wheel which is frozen.
    My PC will not pick up the iphone either so I cannot unlock the B..... Thing again.
    I am with you for ideas.
    Clive

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm with broom head. You need to restore it and rejailbreak it and unlock it. If you hook it up to your computer and itunes can see it and click restore.
    1. If it doesnt connect there, You need to put it in DFU mode:
    HTML Code:
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034
    and then hook it up to your computer and it will recongize it as needing to be restored.
    2. next you need to get, blackra1n and run it:
    HTML Code:
    http://www.blackra1n.com/
    3. next use blackra1n to install cydia or rock (some things you cant get in rock you can in cydia.)
    4. Next you need to go to setting-general-about and look at your modem firmware. If it is 4.26 then you can use ultrasn0w, purplesn0w, or blacksn0w. (none are better than the other.) If it shows a firmware of 5.11.xx, then you can only use blacksn0w to unlock your phone.
    5. Next install one of the three above depending on your modem firmware, then restart phone and you should be good

sorry if i missed anything. Let us know if you have any complications.
    Last edited by joblinger; 01-07-2010 at 09:06 AM.
    Oh my god, Brian your right, this movie does have all the answers to life. Kicking everything is the answer. <kick> ROADHOUSE! (Family Guy)