View Poll Results: Cydia Installer Vs. Nullriver Installer

Voters
703. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cydia Installer

    232 33.00%
  • Nullriver Installer

    246 34.99%
  • Both

    202 28.73%
  • None

    23 3.27%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 72

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Cydia Installer Vs. NullRiver Installer

  1. #1
    Default Cydia Installer Vs. NullRiver Installer


    Wich One You Are Using,

  2. #2
    Cydia is ok but to many problems with it JMO.

  3. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGotTheRiteTemp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    222
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 64 Times in 36 Posts

    Once cydia supports sources, its the best. i love the search feature and the easy browse feature on the side of the install list!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by iGotTheRiteTemp View Post
    Once cydia supports sources, its the best. i love the search feature and the easy browse feature on the side of the install list!
    thats one of my favorites things it has but the other one its that A - Z Scrollbar on the right, installer must have that when you select to view ALL

  5. #5
    Super Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,786
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 394 Times in 268 Posts

    This poll is going to get a lot of "both" for a while, as not everyone has made a Cydia source, so You need to pick and choose from each app. (Ste and BigBoss have started theirs, already)
    Cydia is never going to support installer sources, before anyone asks, they're just too SLOW!
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to dale1v For This Useful Post:

    sophiane (06-16-2010)

  7. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Liberty City
    Posts
    1,293
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 205 Times in 117 Posts

    i personally think its going to be booth till the next jailbrake were its cyda not installer
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to heath_rox For This Useful Post:

    dale1v (03-03-2008)

  9. #7
    i'm with #2. It's cool, but has kinks in it.
    I installed it before I read up on it. Didn't know it gave BSD issues. :/
    Other then that, i think it's a great app.
    Aqwoah and Glass Orb Dock combined!

  10. #8
    Retired Moderator bhz1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,533
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 363 Times in 273 Posts

    I tried it and thought it looked great, but it caused it to hang on boot. I had to restore and re jailbreak etc... Think I'll research the issues more before I try again. I would use this over installer any day without the bugs.

  11. #9
    Default Summer board install problemson 1.1.4
    Hello i have just upgraded a 3.9 BL iPhone to 1.1.4 using Ziphone and after installing the usual software through installer i am failling to install summerboard it keeps kiving the message package download failed just when it is about completed to download.Please can anyone help.

  12. #10
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    what is this..... is this guy serious???

  13. #11
    iPhone? More like MyPhone screamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    Well i'm pretty sure he's not joking senior blader.

  14. #12
    I think Installer is better. Personally, I hate having 2 apps that do the same thing even though I only have Installer. Why didnt the creator of Cydia just contact Nate and they could collab for a beautiful Installer, instead we have 2 seperate apps that do the same thing, and they have compatibility issues...

  15. #13
    Super Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,786
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 394 Times in 268 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    I think Installer is better. Personally, I hate having 2 apps that do the same thing even though I only have Installer. Why didnt the creator of Cydia just contact Nate and they could collab for a beautiful Installer, instead we have 2 seperate apps that do the same thing, and they have compatibility issues...
    Ugh...Maybe because Nate didn't make Installer, and the point is that Installer gets replaced.... look at that "known issue" list when you start installer....tell me, has that list changed AT ALL in the past six months? Has anything been sorted? People have been contacting Nullriver for months; but still they haven't done anything with their closed-source app. In short, the developer of Cydia was tired of the slow, "main script execution failed!" crap (like most of us) and made his own.

    And since when did they have compatibility issues; I've had Cydia since the end of January, and there's been nothing wrong!

    Note: go to #iPhone on irc.saurik.com and count how many people are there; most are developers or packagers working on the better app. Open Source>Closed Source.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

  16. #14
    yep if installer doesnt make some serious changes and update with new features it will be gone withing a few months when cydia works out all the bugs and makes it a bit more user friendly for the new ppl i cant wait im highly impressed and its in its very early stages i love open source!

  17. #15
    Sorry to say for Nullriver's sake, but cydia is awesome. Installer was the start of this type of app by now cydia is the new evolution so to speak. This app will be one of the best once all the kinks are worked out. One other good thing besides the app itself is the subsystem it installs and it does all the simlinking for you!

  18. #16
    I'm pissed at how people say Cydia is so much better. Listen up, kids. THEY DO THE EXACT SAME ******* THING!

    That is all.

  19. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Ugh...Maybe because Nate didn't make Installer, and the point is that Installer gets replaced.... look at that "known issue" list when you start installer....tell me, has that list changed AT ALL in the past six months? Has anything been sorted? People have been contacting Nullriver for months; but still they haven't done anything with their closed-source app. In short, the developer of Cydia was tired of the slow, "main script execution failed!" crap (like most of us) and made his own.

    And since when did they have compatibility issues; I've had Cydia since the end of January, and there's been nothing wrong!

    Note: go to #iPhone on irc.saurik.com and count how many people are there; most are developers or packagers working on the better app. Open Source>Closed Source.
    Well Im sure if Saurik would have contacted NateTrue instead of just being one of the many people asking HELP INSTALLER WONT DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!, they definitely could have collaborated to make a great Installer. I just dont see the point of making another Installer with just more features when you could have just made the original app better...

  20. #18
    Retired Moderator bhz1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,533
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 363 Times in 273 Posts

    Sorry to say for Nullriver's sake, but cydia is awesome. Installer was the start of this type of app by now cydia is the new evolution so to speak. This app will be one of the best once all the kinks are worked out. One other good thing besides the app itself is the subsystem it installs and it does all the simlinking for you!
    Interesting. I didn't realize that Cydia did the sym links. Wonder if thats why I had trouble when i installed it? I had already did the Boss tool thing when I did jailbreak. just a thought. One of these days I'm going to restore and re-jailbreak and try again on a fresh restore.

  21. #19
    Super Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,786
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 394 Times in 268 Posts

    Analogy @ wePhone: I have two cars. One runs smoothly, and gets me from A to B when I want. The other breaks down frequently, and doesn't get me from A to B anywhere near as quick (if it gets me there at all), and the car manufacturers don't help me fix it. What you're saying is both cars work as well as each other. Which doesn't make sense. Cydia is better for developers and end-users, and its Open source (I can define it for you if you like), so no they really not that alike.

    That is all.

    @ ajl917: I said before, Nate didn't make Installer; if he and Saurik collab'd you'd still get two apps, which contradicts your first statement.
    Last edited by dale1v; 03-05-2008 at 06:35 PM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

  22. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Analogy @ wePhone: I have two cars. One runs smoothly, and gets me from A to B when I want. The other breaks down frequently, and doesn't get me from A to B anywhere near as quick (if it gets me there at all), and the car manufacturers don't help me fix it. What you're saying is both cars work as well as each other. Which doesn't make sense. Cydia is better for developers and end-users, and its Open source (I can define it for you if you like), so no they really not that alike.

    That is all.

    @ ajl917: I said before, Nate didn't make Installer; if he and Saurik collab'd you'd still get two apps, which contradicts your first statement.
    Well my bad, I though Nate made Installer, but if Saurik would have collab'd with WHOEVER MADE INSTALLER, then continue with my 1st statement...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •