232 33.00%
  • Nullriver Installer

246 34.99%
  • Both

202 28.73%
  • None

23 3.27%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Installer Vs. NullRiver Installer

i have just updated to 2.0.1 and have problems with both!! Can someone please help me?

Installer 4 - No search facility? Not that I can see anyway!
    Cydia - Every repo I try to add I get told "Did not Find Repository" and this is while adding proper Cydia sources, not Installer ones.

I just want one that works, or is it really the case that barely any of the old 1.1.4 apps that I loved are available on 2.0.1?!
    Last edited by tikigod19; 08-17-2008 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

there is no search in installer because there is so little apps so there is no need for it and Cydia is completly different than installer in that the source from the old installer will not work with cydia. Cydia sources need to be APT sources so old sources are not gonna work. Do a google search and u will see

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by minivinny95 View Post
    there is no search in installer because there is so little apps so there is no need for it and Cydia is completly different than installer in that the source from the old installer will not work with cydia. Cydia sources need to be APT sources so old sources are not gonna work. Do a google search and u will see
    For a long time, Installer 3 never had search. When they added it, it didnt really work well, and if my memory serves me right, installer had hundreds of packages...so saying there is no need for search doesn't really cut it, lol
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Well, pre-2.0, Installer was pretty nice. There were plenty of issues, but it worked. Cydia, well, wasn't as 'pretty' as installer. However, installer has gone downhill. Cydia is awesome now. It has pretty much everything one could desire in a package delivery application.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

I needed installer on 1.0, but when I updated to 2.0 and pwned I got cydia and installer. I used installer first because I was used to it, however I've had nothing but problems ( bad URL message ) I decided to try using cydia, I was apprehensive at first but now I love it. Installer gets no play. I think it works great and I don't mind the wait for apps. It's provided me with almost all the essentials I need and alot of what I wanted. Death to installer!

Na it goes App store then cydia then installer!

Installer was great pre 2.0 but since 2.0 it's just too little too late. Installer is buggy and ugly while cydia has made huge improvements

remember installer is still in beta when officially released i hope that many sources will be available but for no cydia has it all and works well i sometimes wonder if i should downgrade back to 1.1.4 from 2.1 but there are only a updated apps when refreshing if any i do miss islsk and really hope it will be released soon for 2.1

Why use Installer on 2.x? It is proprietary piece of crap, has virtually no apps/sources, ugly, slow. And it's being "developed" by a bunch of assholes who only interested in making money on it.

So, say good bye to Installer and start living with Cydia.

There.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,226 Posts

*Fixes the name of Cydia*

haha

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Ugh...Maybe because Nate didn't make Installer, and the point is that Installer gets replaced.... look at that "known issue" list when you start installer....tell me, has that list changed AT ALL in the past six months? Has anything been sorted? People have been contacting Nullriver for months; but still they haven't done anything with their closed-source app. In short, the developer of Cydia was tired of the slow, "main script execution failed!" crap (like most of us) and made his own.

And since when did they have compatibility issues; I've had Cydia since the end of January, and there's been nothing wrong!

Note: go to #iPhone on irc.saurik.com and count how many people are there; most are developers or packagers working on the better app. Open Source>Closed Source.
    i totally agree installer hasnt change nothing

Default I think:
    Hi,

Cydia is faster, easier, and better. More repos for it.

Installer is really laggy, crashes alot, and does not have alot of sources like Cydia.

Some new beginners think Installer is better cause its a little better Gui, and less loading on startup. But Cydia is much better once you test both of them.

Thanks
    No signature spam... only warning

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234