+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer Freezes EVERYTIME!

is a discussion within the

Installer Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
Is anybody else having this problem? I cannot get installer to work. I have 15 sources and every time I try to load it it will freeze up and i
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Installer Freezes EVERYTIME!
    Is anybody else having this problem? I cannot get installer to work. I have 15 sources and every time I try to load it it will freeze up and i have to hit the home button. It takes 30 seconds for the home button to take me to the SB.

If i do this for 15 minutes sometimes it will load all the way. 90% of the time it freezes within the first 5 seconds. Am i the only one?

Well, I found out if you take off the auto-lock feature and just let it sit for 5 minutes it will eventually load. This is a crappy way to do it but at least it works.

Hope this helps for somebody else.
    Last edited by alaiwy; 09-10-2008 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alaiwy View Post
    Is anybody else having this problem? I cannot get installer to work. I have 15 sources and every time I try to load it it will freeze up and i have to hit the home button. It takes 30 seconds for the home button to take me to the SB.

If i do this for 15 minutes sometimes it will load all the way. 90% of the time it freezes within the first 5 seconds. Am i the only one?

Well, I found out if you take off the auto-lock feature and just let it sit for 5 minutes it will eventually load. This is a crappy way to do it but at least it works.

Can anyone point me to where I can find new sources for both installer and cydia? In instaler I have just the original 7 it came with and know there are more apps from cydia I dont have and see others talking about??
    [FONT="Arial Black"]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alaiwy View Post

Did you install any new sources? if so they may be the reason, I had this problem I had to load installer and hit sources within like the first .005 seconds it was loaded, then quickly hit edit, then quickly delete as many of the "added" sources as I could before it locked up and I had to hit the home button and wait 3 minutes before i could do it again,, after that it loaded fine..

iPhone? More like MyPhone marys25's Avatar
    Thanks

you know this was happening to me yesturday..and even triggered the "no content" bug to my ipod.app i had to restart everytime (2) i tried going into installer

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah, I read some more forums and it looks like this is, if not the norm, then very common experience with installer these days.

I just turn off the auto-lock and let it sit. After 3-5 minutes it all loads properly and i can get all my sources. Pitvulbig, check your PM's for sources. Don't want to post something that isn't "acceptable" on these forums.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

^^ Care to share those sources with me as well?

Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

It's not freezing actually... it's hanging while refreshing sources. This is similar to the older version of installer when the bar would go across the screen while "Refreshing Sources". Just let it sit as instructed above.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]