+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer not letting me download barely anything!

is a discussion within the

Installer Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
Whats the deal? I just jailbroke my phone today but installer is not letting get 90% of the apps on there? Is it because I am running 2.0.2? Thnx for
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Installer not letting me download barely anything!
    Whats the deal? I just jailbroke my phone today but installer is not letting get 90% of the apps on there? Is it because I am running 2.0.2?

Thnx for help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm having the same problem. Anyone know what's going on?

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

i downloaded bunch of stuff today without any problems...2.0.2fw.
    Try reboot the iphone and have good wifi connection.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've definately tried everything obvious, checking my sources, reinstalling everything, etc. Many of the apps that I had available in 1.1.4 are just not there in 2.0.2 notably Agile Messenger. I have the correct sources and Installer does work for some apps. In the case of Agile when I go to the Networking section there is only 1 app (biteSMS) I have tried searching too the app doesn't come up

Thanks

That's why i'm afraid of upgrading my jailbroken 1.1.4 to 2.0.....i've heard that most of the apps that are available through installer on the pre-2.0 firmware simply won't work until (or even if) the developers port them over to 2.0 firmware. I spent way too much time getting Swirly MMS, SMB Prefs, iSMS, and Orb Live to work & don't wanna take the risk of loosing them.
    Last edited by icyurah8r; 09-05-2008 at 04:52 AM.

Thanks

Default beta, yes indeedee
    well, as like most of you, i have relatively the same problem. from what ive heard its all because its installer 4 is a beta version. but it makes no sense to me why some people running the same firmware as I (2.0) can download things with no problems and no crashing. when i get to the home page, where it lists the "most popular" and try do click on an app, Installer crashes and goes back to home screen. when I go to "categories" and try to download an apps, i get the following errors: "Error-Bad URL" "error- operation could not be completed. (com.apptap.installer error 3) and "error-failed script command on line 2:ChangeMode". im positive i did the installation correctly and everything. im in my regular wi-fi area, where cydia works great. and im almost positive all the permissions are set correctly, but who knows. hope someones got some ideas, thanks for reading the rant

3o5
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chembro84 View Post
    I've definately tried everything obvious, checking my sources, reinstalling everything, etc. Many of the apps that I had available in 1.1.4 are just not there in 2.0.2 notably Agile Messenger. I have the correct sources and Installer does work for some apps. In the case of Agile when I go to the Networking section there is only 1 app (biteSMS) I have tried searching too the app doesn't come up
    im having the same problem and the one reason i signed up to the forum, from what i was looking at if u add this source http://modmyi.com/installer.xml you will get a bunch of more stuff AND you get the Network folder that it says it should be in, but for me it is not there which sucks i have 2.0.2 with the installer beta and ive been trying to install this app but cant seem to find it or find a way of installing it =(