Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to uninstall installer??

Default how to uninstall installer??
    After this whole fiasco with Kate and Winterboard I have decided that I dont even want to deal with RipDev anymore. I want to fully uninstall installer. I have deleted Installer.app from the Applications folder but was wondering if Installer has bits and peaces in other areas. Dose anyone know or is that it. I could always make a new ipsw without installer in it but that sounds a lot harder (having to reinstall all my software and tweaks) than findingwhere installer lives. Thanks for your help.

I am also trying to uninstall installer.
    It's never worked, and offers nothing that Cydia can't satisfy.
    I deleted the installer.app contents and folder, and now I can't get my phone to boot up.
    It was a pain getting it working in the first place, now i can't get rid of it.
    I'll be happy once it's finally gone.

Up until now, i was happy to have 2 sources for apps, now I just think that installer is a collosal waste of resources, in every way.

~~I had to do a full restore and backup, because of that POS.
    its better to never have it on your phone in the first place.
    so jailbreak without it if you want to avoid wasting your time.
    Last edited by IMIX; 09-09-2008 at 11:43 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anyone have a complete guide to remove installer from the phone? I would like to get rid of it also, due to all the negative experiences I've had with it.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Hi there anyone,

Wondered whether you can help me or point me in the right direction, i have an I-phone 8GB which my Son unlocked to download a game onto it, but received a Ant virus, & now we cannot open the phone back up, it just read; iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes, can you HELP. Thank you.