+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: installer app issues... help please!

is a discussion within the

Installer Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
first off.. is it taking everyone ~5 minutes to refresh sources on installer under high speed WiFi connection? This was one of the main issues. I would download programs though,
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default installer app issues... help please!
    first off.. is it taking everyone ~5 minutes to refresh sources on installer under high speed WiFi connection?

This was one of the main issues. I would download programs though, and upon completion installer would just unexpectedly quit. This would remain the same after a reset/restart.

But just now I updated the update FOR the installer app and now it automatically shuts off before it even launches completely.

any ideas? Any link to the raw download for the latest version of installer so I can just manually add it through independence?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i had this exact same problem. when the installer was installing, it would download package, but before cleaning up as it should do, it would just exit to springboard. i also tried updating installer yesterday and now it will not even boot up installer!

the only way round this was to downgrade to 1.1.1 then jailbreak then upgrade to 1.1.2 all over again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wezz69 For This Useful Post:

jujubeanser (01-22-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wezz69 View Post
    i had this exact same problem. when the installer was installing, it would download package, but before cleaning up as it should do, it would just exit to springboard. i also tried updating installer yesterday and now it will not even boot up installer!

the only way round this was to downgrade to 1.1.1 then jailbreak then upgrade to 1.1.2 all over again.
    and the problem hasn't occured since? I figure I might as well wait til feb for 1.1.3..

thanks though