Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer icon pushed off the screen, need help!

Exclamation Installer icon pushed off the screen, need help!
    I'm currently using 1.1.1, and I have the main screen scrolling, so I'm not the one with the problem.

My cousin has an older OS (I believe 1.0.2?) And she got app crazy and started installing a bunch of stuff. Problem is, she pushed her installer icon off the front screen. She doesn't have summerboard installed, and I don't believe she has anything else isntalled that allows for app launching. (IE Launcher).

She has had her iphone jailbroken and possibly unlocked since she got it, my aunt got it for her as a gift. However, she was told not to update it on itunes, ever, because apparently they have a work around and she is not paying for the full iPhone data plan. I think she may be paying for the cheaper generic data plan that is not iPhone specific, as she does not have access to Visual Voicemail.

Is there anyway she can get installer back? Mabye, someway to uninstall apps other than installer? Or someway to get summerboard onto her phone, or launcher even, without installer? She can NOT update, and I can't think of any other work around right now.

Help!

Thanks

Just scroll down?
    To live, you have to lie

She can't, I think it's because she has a very old OS. She can not scroll to the side or down.

I ran into that issue back on 1.0.2. The easiest way to fix this is upgrade to 1.1.1 first.

Have her download the 1.1.1 firmware Here

Once downloaded, on Windows in iTunes hold the Shift button down or on a MAC hold the option button down and click UPGRADE. Navigate to the 1.1.1 firmware she downloaded and have her upgrade her phone. She will loose all her current Apps.

Once the firmware is installed, visit: Jailbreakme.com on Safari and Tap Install AppTapp. That will jailbreak her 1.1.1.

To upgrade to 1.1.2 (you have to jailbreak 1.1.1 first), follow This Guide

Thank you for this, but she does not update through itunes, how will she activate her phone again? She has to be able to use her generic data plan, and if I remember correctly, itunes forces you to log in and "sign up" for the plan if you don't have it.

Are there any other alternatives?

EDIT: While an update would be nice for her, she doesn't really NEED it. The only things she really wants is to get her installer icon back and keep her cheap data plan.

Since the phone is already jailbroken you can use ibrickr to install the old summerboard and then the icons should scroll down

Thanks, that seems like the right way to do it.

Any idea on what version of summerboard would be required to do this?

And where could I find the different versions? I can only find the newest.
    Last edited by ssnxp; 01-20-2008 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You'll find it under apps in ibrickr. Pick the one that does not say alpha. Trying to do this from memory

Thanks, I didn't realize the list of apps were all in iBrikr itself.