+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Install mac osx on an already dual booted inspiron 1520 possible?

is a discussion within the

Installation

forums, a part of the

OS X 86

section;
is it possible to install macosx on an insprion 1520 that already has linux and windows xp installed on it? maybe install macosx on top of this to create a
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Install mac osx on an already dual booted inspiron 1520 possible?
    is it possible to install macosx on an insprion 1520 that already has linux and windows xp installed on it? maybe install macosx on top of this to create a triple boot? i don't want to install macosx on an external hard drive but on the same internal drive that store linux and windows xp. i am using grub 2 currently. is this possible? please help a noob out!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, I haven't used grub in forever. I am using ChameleonRC5 which lets me boot Ubuntu, Win7, and OSX. You will have to use a partitioning client that doesn't wipe your drive during partitioning, format the partition you create using the Journaled format(Disk Utilities will do this for you from the Snow Leopard install CD). Whether or not your PC supports Leopard though I can't tell as I use HP. Check out insanelymac.com as there are some Insipron boxes over there and they might meet your specs.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Yes, I haven't used grub in forever. I am using ChameleonRC5 which lets me boot Ubuntu, Win7, and OSX. You will have to use a partitioning client that doesn't wipe your drive during partitioning, format the partition you create using the Journaled format(Disk Utilities will do this for you from the Snow Leopard install CD). Whether or not your PC supports Leopard though I can't tell as I use HP. Check out insanelymac.com as there are some Insipron boxes over there and they might meet your specs.
    so i can just add on macosx on top of this xp and linux without having to erase everything right ? some people told me to format the drive and start over with macosx, then xp then install linux, the whole point is i don't want to format.

so if i use Easeus disc partitioner to create a partition and use the osx86 disc to format the partition and install macosx on it, it might work?