+ Reply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Asus 1005HAB Netbook Hackintosh Guide

is a discussion within the

Installation

forums, a part of the

OS X 86

section;
Hey no problem. I like to know where stuff is too. And yea a 2 gig upgrade is bump in speed and fixes those little things without modifying that file.
    Thanks

Hey no problem. I like to know where stuff is too. And yea a 2 gig upgrade is bump in speed and fixes those little things without modifying that file. And I'm glad my dual boot guide helped ya! I'm going to dual boot it again later today. I got a new hard drive and painted my hab all white. For one, it was a finger print magnet and second, I didn't like the dark blue. Maybe I'll put together a little guide today for you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    --Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage--

Thanks

So I messed up my OS. I tried to dual boot with BackTrack 4 and my boot loader got all messed up. Before I installed Linux I cloned my Hard Drive.

Here is the issue I am having. If I boot up with my OS X USB Installer and go into disk utility. I recover with my cloned hard drive, but still no boot loader. I put the chameleon boot loader on a thumb drive and boot, then select my internal drive, then I get the error "Can't find mach_kernel"

I can no figure out how to get it to work. I don't want to start from scratch again.

Is there any way I can use my cloned drive?

Thanks

Well I figured it out.

I after I restored my internal drive with my cloned drive, I ran the MyHack Installer, I figured that was all I had to do but it still would not boot up. It would hang up on the apple logo.

I had to copy these folders to my restored drive: /Extra, & /System/Library/Extensions and then run PFIX and it worked like a champ. No I never have to do a fresh install again

Thanks

This is probably a stupid question, (don't you DARE say there is no such thing as a stupid question! We all know there is!) but is it possible to do this without a USB keyboard? I have a mouse so I can install it (I assume, I forget which parts you actually need a keyboard for when you install on a mac) so would it be possible to configure the keyboard after the installation is complete then pick up the pieces that I left during the installation?

Thanks

Nah, you need the USB keyboard after you get done installing OSX. The Track pad and the keyboard don't work until after you install the kexts and reboot.. :/

Not a stupid question. Glad you asked for future references

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eightydee View Post
    Nah, you need the USB keyboard after you get done installing OSX. The Track pad and the keyboard don't work until after you install the kexts and reboot.. :/

Not a stupid question. Glad you asked for future references

Yeah, I played around with the installation (didn't make any changes, just wanted to see that apple logo!) and I saw the trackpad didn't work. I have a usb mouse though, so is there any on screen keyboard I can use or something of that nature?

Lol, I got a free keyboard from my friend a few days ago but it has that weird circle plug in. Dang!

Thanks

Ohh, PS2 connection. Oldie right there :/ Well, I just found this: Mac 101: Activate the Onscreen Keyboard in OS X: Apple News, Tips and Reviews Onscreen keyboard on Mac. I would try it but my netbook is else where.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Ohh, PS2 connection. Oldie right there :/ Well, I just found this: Mac 101: Activate the Onscreen Keyboard in OS X: Apple News, Tips and Reviews Onscreen keyboard on Mac. I would try it but my netbook is else where.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks! I knew it had to be on there! I'll let you know how it goes! Lol this is probably going to suck though. Hope there isn't tooooo much typing.

Thanks

There really isn't. Just typing in your password and that's about it.

Your most certain welcome! Let us know how it goes!

Thanks

There really isn't. Just typing in your password and that's about it.

Your most certain welcome! Let us know how it goes!
    You don't need a USB keyboard period. When you do the first boot it says "Can not identify keyboard" then you push the "z" key and the questionmark key and the keyboard works.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magic8ball88 View Post
    You don't need a USB keyboard period. When you do the first boot it says "Can not identify keyboard" then you push the "z" key and the questionmark key and the keyboard works.
    Hmm, Really? Didn't do that on my HAB. Actually, I think I might have gotten a little confused. :/ Well, that's good! Welcome to the other side, we have cookies.
    Last edited by eightydee; 04-16-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Thanks

Okay everything is working great except for these two things. First thing (kinda a big deal lol) it won't wake up from sleep. Suggestions?

The other thing is the battery indicator. I can't figure out how to change the code, I can't find that line of code in the file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

For me, sleep well, it likes to take a few seconds to wake up. Try hitting the power button. I saw that issue with my friends.

As for the battery, I personally never edited the dsdt file. I just bought a two gig stick and it works. But I just looked at my dsdt file and it's just a bunch of mumbo jumbo. Unless, we're looking at the wrong dsdt file.

Thanks

For me, sleep well, it likes to take a few seconds to wake up. Try hitting the power button. I saw that issue with my friends.

As for the battery, I personally never edited the dsdt file. I just bought a two gig stick and it works. But I just looked at my dsdt file and it's just a bunch of mumbo jumbo. Unless, we're looking at the wrong dsdt file.
    Sleep won't wake up at all :/ kinda a big deal, but I guess my Mac just won't get the privilege of sleeping lol.

Maybe there's a pre edited dsdt file I can find somewhere.

I hate to be a burden, but could you write me a quick guide to updating to 10.6.7? This is my first hackint0sh machine and I want to make sure I do it right. Is it okay to use software update (for apps, not the actual OS, I know that's a no no)

So far, really liking my new machine! Gunna put Windows 7 on next thanks to your guide! I'm really glad because I made a Windows 7 flash drive earlier today because I knew I would be dual booting then I saw your guide lol and it was the same method. Dual booting seems pretty straight forward. Perhaps this is being greedy but would GRUB play nicely? Tri-boot would be cool.

Thanks

I'm sure there is a kext or something you're missing for the sleep issue. I think when I was installing hack on hers, there was little issues but after installing that 2 gig stick, seemed to clear up a lot. I'm not trying to push a 2 gig stick on ya lol but ya know.

As for the 6.7, I haven't updated to that one yet. I believe it's just using the same mach kernel, but I don't want to test it and have it not work. :/ Besides, I don't think 6.7 has anything cool to update too? But I haven't seen it in action.

And yea, I just installed my dual boot again today. Revised my guide a bit but it's pretty simple. And as for GRUB, you know, I'm not sure. I've been meaning to try a tri-boot. But what is that deal, If you have Windows first and install linux, linux wants to use it's loader? I'm sure in EasyBCD you can modify that a bit.

And you weren't a burden lol. Keeping my mind busy and refreshed. But I'll look more into tri-boot tomorrow. I don't have much to lose if I screw it up so.

Thanks

I'm sure there is a kext or something you're missing for the sleep issue. I think when I was installing hack on hers, there was little issues but after installing that 2 gig stick, seemed to clear up a lot. I'm not trying to push a 2 gig stick on ya lol but ya know.

As for the 6.7, I haven't updated to that one yet. I believe it's just using the same mach kernel, but I don't want to test it and have it not work. :/ Besides, I don't think 6.7 has anything cool to update too? But I haven't seen it in action.

And yea, I just installed my dual boot again today. Revised my guide a bit but it's pretty simple. And as for GRUB, you know, I'm not sure. I've been meaning to try a tri-boot. But what is that deal, If you have Windows first and install linux, linux wants to use it's loader? I'm sure in EasyBCD you can modify that a bit.

And you weren't a burden lol. Keeping my mind busy and refreshed. But I'll look more into tri-boot tomorrow. I don't have much to lose if I screw it up so.
    Can I update to 10.6.6? Don't worry about the tri boot. I don't need Linux, it just would make it one bad *** netbook lol. I'm mainly hackint0shing it to make it worth more :3.

I bought it "broken" (virus) on craigslist. I bought it for $75 and with three OSs I'm hoping to get $300 (unlikely) or trade it for something cool. Until then its keeping me very entertained lol. I've never had a netbook, but I love the size of it! It's incredible!

Thanks

75 bucks? Just because of a virus? Ha gotta love those kind of people. I bought mine for 150 with a two gig stick from newegg, painted it white. But yea 10.6.6 is easy. Gimme a few minuets and I'll write up something for you

Alright, download: http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1349 10.6.6 Combo Update
    Also download: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=197020 10.6.5 - 10.6.0 (yes I said 10.6.5. The 10.6.6 kernel didn't work for me.) When that is done downloading, extract it to your desktop. It'll be a black box looking thing.

Back up these files: AppleIntelGMA950.kext, AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext, IO80211Family.kext Located in HDD-System-Library-Extensions. Just back them up to the desktop.

Install 10.6.6 but DO NOT click restart.

After it gets done installing, Go to: Utilites-Terminal and type these commands VERY CAREFULLY:
    1. sudo -s
    2. ENTER YOUR PASSWORD
    3. cd /
    4. mv mach_kernel mach_kernel_1062
    5. cp ~/Desktop/mach_kernel_atom /
    6. mv /mach_kernel_atom mach_kernel
    7. chown 0:0 mach_kernel

When you finish that, run pfix. Also in Terminal enter your password and hard drive. Let that run until it finishes.

Click restart on the Combo Update and it should reboot but look very low res.

Open KextHelper and drag those three kexts into KH and enter your password and than run pfix again.

Reboot and everything should be running good.
    Last edited by eightydee; 04-16-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Thanks

75 bucks? Just because of a virus? Ha gotta love those kind of people. I bought mine for 150 with a two gig stick from newegg, painted it white. But yea 10.6.6 is easy. Gimme a few minuets and I'll write up something for you

Alright, download: Mac OS X v10.6.6 Update Combo 10.6.6 Combo Update
    Also download: Patched mach_kernel 10.6.0 for Atom-based netbooks - InsanelyMac Forum 10.6.5 - 10.6.0 (yes I said 10.6.5. The 10.6.6 kernel didn't work for me.) When that is done downloading, extract it to your desktop. It'll be a black box looking thing.

Back up these files: AppleIntelGMA950.kext, AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext, IO80211Family.kext Located in HDD-System-Library-Extensions. Just back them up to the desktop.

Install 10.6.6 but DO NOT click restart.

After it gets done installing, Go to: Utilites-Terminal and type these commands VERY CAREFULLY:
    1. sudo -s
    2. ENTER YOUR PASSWORD
    3. cd /
    4. mv mach_kernel mach_kernel_1062
    5. cp ~/Desktop/mach_kernel_atom /
    6. mv /mach_kernel_atom mach_kernel
    7. chown 0:0 mach_kernel

When you finish that, run pfix. Also in Terminal enter your password and hard drive. Let that run until it finishes.

Click restart on the Combo Update and it should reboot but look very low res.

Open KextHelper and drag those three kexts into KH and enter your password and than run pfix again.

Reboot and everything should be running good.
    Thanks! Successfully running 10.6.6! Just finishing up the second pfix command right now. Lol my MacBook isn't even on the latest version of Snow Leopard.

Do you know where I could find the kext for the sleep problem?

Edit: Bonus! Sleep works now! I think everything is working!
    Last edited by magic8ball88; 04-17-2011 at 06:38 PM.

Thanks

Hmm, is your netbook the 1005HAB? I'm still a little confused on how your's doesn't sleep and also with that USB keyboard thing. Perhaps you have a newer model. What BIOS version are you running? I went threw all my hackintosh folders and I cannot find a sleep kext or anything I did differently.

Let's go from the ground up.
    BIOS version?
    Model number?
    Battery a 6 cell or 9 cell?
    What's your CPU? Atom 270? 280?

We'll get this figured out for you.

Thanks

Hmm, is your netbook the 1005HAB? I'm still a little confused on how your's doesn't sleep and also with that USB keyboard thing. Perhaps you have a newer model. What BIOS version are you running? I went threw all my hackintosh folders and I cannot find a sleep kext or anything I did differently.

Let's go from the ground up.
    BIOS version?
    Model number?
    Battery a 6 cell or 9 cell?
    What's your CPU? Atom 270? 280?

We'll get this figured out for you.
    You must not have seen my edit lol. Sleep works now!

I'm not sure what I did to fix it, it may have something to do with the update, maybe I did something wrong earlier. Either way I'm happy. The only thing NOT working is the battery. Loving my hackbook lol. Thank you so much.

Wait actually here is another one. I'm guessing this is a problem with OS X itself, but big windows (such as preferences) don't play nicely with the little screen. Suggestions?
    Last edited by magic8ball88; 04-17-2011 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

+ Reply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast