Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 164

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Asus 1005HAB Netbook Hackintosh Guide

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by eightydee View Post
    How much RAM do you have installed? HABS with 1 gig seems to have a battery issue where the indicator doesn't work. Buying a 2 gig stick should resolve this issue for you. Than run pfix again and shut down and boot back up.

    Hope this works for you!




    Try this, reboot with your iPod or USB stick whichever has MacOSX on it and when Chameleon shows up, choose your hard drive. Than download EasyBCD and read up on my guide, here: Dual Boot Hackintosh with Windows 7

    And I hope that helps you!
    I have 2GB in my HAB. I found the problem. After putting in the new 9 cell battery, I just needed to go to Energy Pref in the System Pref and once I went into that setting the computer started calculating the power left in the battery. Was not related to 10.6.6 at all.

  2. #82
    So if I get a 1005 HAB will anything not work?

  3. #83
    If you follow my guide everything will work. If you do not have 2GB of RAM installed then the battery indicator will not work. If you need the .DSDT file for 1GB let me know and I can email it to you or something.

  4. #84
    Default Sleep?
    Hi, I'm really new here but I followed the guide step by step with my asus 1005HAB and everything works perfect...except ofr the sleep. When it goes to sleep mode, the screen goes black but I can't power it up by touching a button and the battery is still being consumed like its running at full power.

    Any ideas? (I still haven't upgraded to 10.4 and I have 2 gigs of ram)

  5. #85
    It happened to me as well, reinstall the sleepenabler kext, it can be found on kexts.com

    I got everything working, the only 2 problems I have is when my Belkin N Wireless router is in b/g/n mode I can't connect, but in just g mode, I can.

    and the asushotkeys kext randomly won't work on some restarts >.<
    Last edited by kyleAlcobas; 02-16-2011 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #86
    thanks fot the grate guide i got everything working and i am 10.6.6. the main issue i have is a major concern, my computer temps go through the roof. After about 45min or so it gets real hot and will shut down with no warning i do not want to damage my unit any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks again to all who contributed to my kick *** 1005ha hackintosh!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by RONZO77; 02-21-2011 at 06:03 PM.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by RONZO77 View Post
    thanks fot the grate guide i got everything working and i am 10.6.6. the main issue i have that i have major concern for is my computer temps. After about 45min or so it gets real hot and will shut down with no warning i do not want to damage my unit any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks again to all who contributed to my kick *** 1005ha hackintosh!!!!!!!!!
    How in the world did you get 10.6.6 to install??

    It always tell me the install failed when I upgrade, and then I get kernel panics on reboot and have to start from scratch again, whether i replace the mach kernel or not.

  8. #88
    i followed the guide very closely but when i got to 10.6.5 i had to change some of the terminal commands to mach the kernel mach.i know that sounds a little funny but in stead of using "mach_kernel_atom" i "used_mach_kernel_atom-1" if terminal doesent respond properly to your commands it will not work. and make sure u replace all kexts that are removed from the upgrade.

    this is probably the best guide i have found to use. it will work keep trying u got to be close. trust me its all worth it when it all comes together. people who dont do this stuff may never understand how fun it is to do. One last thing make sure to run pfix. to be honest i couldnt figure out how to do it on my own. so i had to use a kext utillity for another site. htis will help also.i will get back to u on this one i will se if i can get u a link
    Last edited by RONZO77; 02-21-2011 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #89
    MyHack installer won't work for me, I've tried it multiple times and it won't pass the grey apple screen

    NBI 0.8.4 RC1 will only work booting from a formatted USB with the NBI 084RC1.img
    I've even ran NBI084RC1,app and installed it onto the HD, it hangs at the grey logo.

    I can't upgrade to 10.6.6, I get an "Install Failed" screen when I run the combo updatem and then my computer boots into kernel panics, whether I replace the mach kernel.

    So basically, I'm stuck on 10.6.3 booting from an SD Card. Unfortunately, I need xCode, and it requires at least 10.6.4 =[

  10. #90
    to be honest i never used the usb method. it never worked for me i had to use a external DVD drive with a burnd patch file. that was the only way i could get any sucess booting to the system. once i got in i used the guide to the T. it took me to weeks of want to throw the thing across the room and then i found out imade a few simple mistakes by watching a video and now iam happy with the machine

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by RONZO77 View Post
    to be honest i never used the usb method. it never worked for me i had to use a external DVD drive with a burnd patch file. that was the only way i could get any sucess booting to the system. once i got in i used the guide to the T. it took me to weeks of want to throw the thing across the room and then i found out imade a few simple mistakes by watching a video and now iam happy with the machine
    Yeah, took me a couple weeks of trial and error, I wanted to throw it so many times.

    Did you use a mac to format your USB with the installer? I used TransMac for windows, it seems to work much better.

    And what method did you use to upgrade? You don't get an install failed message at all?
    Also, is anyone else having a problem that when the netbook wakes from sleep, all disks are unmounted/ejected unsafely? I read something about it here: Apple - Support - Discussions - Disk Drive ejecting itself ...

  12. #92
    ok i went back and read a few of your post. and i have a question for u. are u runnig a dual boot setup? if u are i believe u have to completely install mac os first.Check with others to make sure though. i used a pc to burn my patch disk. i used a snow leopard retail disk to install os and then i used playullrastadoul guide (Asus EEEPC 1005ha-h installation guide to get everything to work. Then i found the guide here on how to update. i followed the guide with all the info i gave u.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by RONZO77 View Post
    ok i went back and read a few of your post. and i have a question for u. are u runnig a dual boot setup? if u are i believe u have to completely install mac os first.Check with others to make sure though. i used a pc to burn my patch disk. i used a snow leopard retail disk to install os and then i used playullrastadoul guide (Asus EEEPC 1005ha-h installation guide to get everything to work. Then i found the guide here on how to update. i followed the guide with all the info i gave u.
    I was trying to previously, but then I realized I don't want Windows 7 anymore, just OS X.


    What is the link to the playullrastadoul guide?

    I've tried using the following to recover from a failed install, but the clones I create with SuperDuper!, Carbon Copy Cloner, and Disk Utility don't boot up (hangs at apple screen). The original however does. After backing up using Time Machine, I can no longer boot into Snow Leopard. I get this error:

    Unable to patch 64bit kernel.Please use arch=i386 to use 10.6.2 or newer kernel.Cant find mach_kernel

    So, I reinstalled.

    I just don't get it. I used myHack once before while restoring the DVD with a mac to the USB disk. then running myHack on it had no problems.

    BUT using TransMac to format the disk with the OS X installation, installing OS X on the 1005HAB with NBI, and then installing myHack to the internal HD, will NOT work. It shouldn't make a differnce, and idk what to do. NBI also will not boot into the OS unless I use a USB with NBI084RC1 formatted onto it with TransMac.

    I can't update my OS to 10.6.6; it says install failed, I even tried it twice back to back. I get a kernel panic when I reboot whether I replacing the mach_kernel or not.

    Please god, before I throw my netbook out the window after reinstalling literally about 20 times, can ANYBODY help me out? I don't own a mac, I use TransMac for Windows to create my DVD installer USB.
    Last edited by kyleAlcobas; 02-22-2011 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  14. #94
    Hi All,

    I've a hackintosh 1005ha up and running on 10.6.6 using a similar tutorial. I'm on bios 1203. These are my results with regard to functionality after using the machine for two weeks:

    Wifi: Stock Wifi works, but not perfectly. I have been able to connect WPA2 to my Nexus One's Portable Hotspot. However, I haven't been able to connect WPA2 on a DLink router that I tested. I get the self-assigned IP address beginning with 169.... WEP works at home on a AT&T 2Wire. Public Wifi without security has been problematic. I haven't been able to get onto various public networks and I get the self-assigned ip once again.

    Ethernet: Works at home on a AT&T 2Wire. Did not work at a friend's place on the same DLink router and got the self-assigned ip. Haven't tested anywhere else.

    Camera: Photobooth and Skype work. iChat and GChat do not.

    Hotkeys: Sleep works but I think it only shuts off the screen and not the hard drives. Brightness works. This is the only way change the brightness since there is no brightness slider in the system preferences menu under display.

    Bluetooth: I'm supposed to have bluetooth built in on my model but for some reason, it doesn't appear in my bios nor does it appear in my system preferences menu.

    I'd be happier with the setup if I could get the wifi to work more consistently. I'm not really willing to open my machine to install a dell 1510 without knowing if it will solve all my issues.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by theSavant View Post
    Hi All,

    I've a hackintosh 1005ha up and running on 10.6.6 using a similar tutorial. I'm on bios 1203. These are my results with regard to functionality after using the machine for two weeks:

    Wifi: Stock Wifi works, but not perfectly. I have been able to connect WPA2 to my Nexus One's Portable Hotspot. However, I haven't been able to connect WPA2 on a DLink router that I tested. I get the self-assigned IP address beginning with 169.... WEP works at home on a AT&T 2Wire. Public Wifi without security has been problematic. I haven't been able to get onto various public networks and I get the self-assigned ip once again.

    Ethernet: Works at home on a AT&T 2Wire. Did not work at a friend's place on the same DLink router and got the self-assigned ip. Haven't tested anywhere else.

    Camera: Photobooth and Skype work. iChat and GChat do not.

    Hotkeys: Sleep works but I think it only shuts off the screen and not the hard drives. Brightness works. This is the only way change the brightness since there is no brightness slider in the system preferences menu under display.

    Bluetooth: I'm supposed to have bluetooth built in on my model but for some reason, it doesn't appear in my bios nor does it appear in my system preferences menu.

    I'd be happier with the setup if I could get the wifi to work more consistently. I'm not really willing to open my machine to install a dell 1510 without knowing if it will solve all my issues.



    I'm on 10.6.3 and everything on Wifi works great. I can connect to all types of security, the only problem I have is wireless N. I have no trouble connecting to WPA2

  16. #96
    awesome glad u kept at it!! I went through some hell myself, i ran out of space on the stock hard drive. Then i added a segate momentus 500gb hard drive and went through about a week of doing the whole process of starting from the retail disk to going through all the updates . i kept messing up the kenel commands. ( MACH_KERNEL NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY ) what a nightmare. It was all my fault though. a simple / was the cooperate. i owen a G4mac power pc that is pretty maxed out but obsolete. I wanna sell it and either buy a mac minni or build a serious tower and hackintosh it, if any one has gone down this road. let me know what your opinon is i wanna have the same function as this laptop at least.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by RONZO77 View Post
    awesome glad u kept at it!! I went through some hell myself, i ran out of space on the stock hard drive. Then i added a segate momentus 500gb hard drive and went through about a week of doing the whole process of starting from the retail disk to going through all the updates . i kept messing up the kenel commands. ( MACH_KERNEL NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY ) what a nightmare. It was all my fault though. a simple / was the cooperate. i owen a G4mac power pc that is pretty maxed out but obsolete. I wanna sell it and either buy a mac minni or build a serious tower and hackintosh it, if any one has gone down this road. let me know what your opinon is i wanna have the same function as this laptop at least.
    I want to build a tower too, just don't have the money for parts.

    If there is a way to run OS X off a Compaq Presario SR1630NX, then maybe I can do this xD

  18. #98
    Hello

    This guide worked great for me and I thank you very much.

    The only thing I can't figure out is where the DSDT file is?

    Quote
    "Battery Meter will show an X on Systems with 1 GIG RAM, To fix this you need to edit your DSDT FILE and Change the following CODE

    OperationRegion (BIOS, SystemMemory, 0x7F7AE064, 0XFF)
    The above code is what it will look like. ( 2 GIG SYSTEM ) You need to the code to this

    OperationRegion (BIOS, SystemMemory, 0X3F7AE064, 0XFF)
    Now the Battery Meter will work on a 1 GIG SYSTEM"

    Any help would be great
    Thanks!

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by santuitman View Post
    Hello

    This guide worked great for me and I thank you very much.

    The only thing I can't figure out is where the DSDT file is?

    Quote
    "Battery Meter will show an X on Systems with 1 GIG RAM, To fix this you need to edit your DSDT FILE and Change the following CODE

    OperationRegion (BIOS, SystemMemory, 0x7F7AE064, 0XFF)
    The above code is what it will look like. ( 2 GIG SYSTEM ) You need to the code to this

    OperationRegion (BIOS, SystemMemory, 0X3F7AE064, 0XFF)
    Now the Battery Meter will work on a 1 GIG SYSTEM"

    Any help would be great
    Thanks!
    The dsdt file is in: your hard drive/Extra/dsdt.aml right-click and Open With and TextEdit. You may have to browse for it which it is in Applications. I would just go buy a 2 gig stick. :/


    Well, it's that time again to do upgrades! 10.6.7 is out. I'll try it and see how it handles.

    Heres the 6.7 combo update:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1361

    Wait till I can try on the mach kernel.
    Last edited by eightydee; 04-06-2011 at 10:41 PM. Reason: :)
    --Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage--

  20. #100
    Thanks eightydee. I think I will get the ram as the machine could use it but I like to know where stuff is too.
    BTW I used your dual boot guide and it worked perfectly!
    Thanks
    BRian

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •