+ Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Asus 1005HAB Netbook Hackintosh Guide

is a discussion within the

Installation

forums, a part of the

OS X 86

section;
thats weird that your usb kb and mouse work but not the jump ( flash ) drive....try your drive in another pc/Mac i've seen a few drives go bad if
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    thats weird that your usb kb and mouse work but not the jump ( flash ) drive....try your drive in another pc/Mac i've seen a few drives go bad if not properly ejected...static shock ! major distroyer of flash drive ...except for my place its my dogs they like to chew on silicon chips..ive lost 3 drives one was a 16G i wasn't too happy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxlukexx View Post
    Hi guys. I am new to the community, but found this the best way to get my eee pc running os x. I have followed all the directions and have it now running os x 10.6.6 without changing ram o wifi card. Everything seems to be working except usb jump drive. Usb keyboard and mouse work though. Any suggestions??
    Has it worked on your EEE before? What was the last computer it was connected to? Was it Windows? A lot of things can occur here. Whatever the last computer it was connected to, connected it again and remove safely. Mac, which I noticed, is very VERY picky with safely removing drives from a Windows machine and also a Mac. Should get into the habit of safely removing USB drives. I personally never had anything happen but my friend lost his 320 gig hard drive with all his homework. :/

Hope this helps and welcome, to the other side

EDIT:

No Warez
    Last edited by Simon; 01-12-2011 at 04:26 PM. Reason: App Info
    --Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage--

Thanks

Yeah it won't work for for trail versions, trail versions on the app store don't have all of the files needed to make it a full version. It would be like hacking a free app or trying to hack one that you have already paid for.

Notice if you download Angry Birds and open before you copy the files to the package contents, it will pop-up with the persons email address that bought it. Those files that you copy contain the rights and permissions to that app. All your doing is making it think you downloaded it with your account info.

I'm pretty sure that it will be fixed very soon, that is just way to easy to crack an app, and it seems like that just hurried up the launch of the App Store and over looked that.

I hope they get angry birds working, I have been playing on my wife's MacBook, it's so addicting!

EDIT**** So I just read on Rovio's Blog that they have Updated Angry Birds to Ver. 1.02 which supports GMA950. I can't find a download yet but when I do I will Post.
    Last edited by 13mx; 01-11-2011 at 04:01 PM.

Thanks

Yea, I just saw that. I was hoping it would update. Aww well, I'm happy they updated it for us! Next, wondering how it'l run on this little thing.

Thanks

I still haven't found a download for it. Let me know if you find one

Thanks

No Warez on MMi

Oops, Sorry!
    Last edited by eightydee; 01-12-2011 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Apology

Thanks
    Thanked 14,190 Times in 6,648 Posts

Warez are against forum rules

Thanks

Alright, I've been bad, Thou shall not post warez. Kind of got caught up in it.

But anyways, anyone find a fix for the Asus Hot Keys after waking up from sleep?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 10.6.6 video issue
    I upgraded to 10.6.6 successfully, but have lost video. What I mean is that I cannot watch movies, access Time Machine, or use some applications. In 10.6.5 and before I had no problems. I did backup and restore the necessary kext's for video.

Any ideas?

TIA,
    Tim

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by r33dtard View Post
    I upgraded to 10.6.6 successfully, but have lost video. What I mean is that I cannot watch movies, access Time Machine, or use some applications. In 10.6.5 and before I had no problems. I did backup and restore the necessary kext's for video.

Any ideas?

TIA,
    Tim
    Hmm, Interesting. What kind of applications are giving you problems? Did you do all the software updates? What do you use for a video application? Perhaps try VLC Media Player. I can play 720p movies with no issue but 1080p I get extreme lag.

As anyone used a Bluetooth USB adapter on one of these things?
    Possibly was looking at the wireless keyboard and the air mouse IF the Bluetooth adapter works. Getting sick of looking at a Apple keyboard and mixing them together.

EDIT: I decided to use Spark (Included in 13mx's folder) for some of my shortcuts. Also, a little counteract against the sleep issue with the volume keys.

I've just encountered a weird situation. After letting my netbook sleep over night, I "woke it up" and when I clicked on anything, such as Safari, Mail, and Twitter, my applications folder would pop up and it wouldn't let me type anything. I restarted it and everything is fine but just wondering if anyone has encountered a weird thing such as that?
    Last edited by eightydee; 01-18-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Thanks

Has anyone figured out a way to get HD video to play where it's not so choppy? I recorded some video in 720p and when I play it back on my NetBook it's really choppy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Alright, I've been trying to install OS X on my 1005HAB for the past two days. After getting multiple errors trying to restore the DVD image to my external harddrive with Disk Utility, I finally used SuperDuper! With success. I then used the netbook installer app (as the kit in the tutorial would lock me at the grey apple logo) and was able to begin my installation. However, my installation seems to freeze up everytime when the bar reaches about 25% done.

I'm using my iPod video as an external harddrive, think anyone can help me out?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nvm, I got it installed, now my Wifi will connect, but not connect to the internet >.<

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kyleAlcobas View Post
    Nvm, I got it installed, now my Wifi will connect, but not connect to the internet >.<
    Are you using the default WiFi card? Try reinstalling the WiFi kext. Wait, what are you connecting too? Default card ONLY connects to WEP and I think WPA NOT WPA2. If it's WPA2, head into your router generally 192.168.1.1 into a internet browser and depending on your admin password, Like Netgear is: admin - password. Some Linksys is just: admin with no password.

13mx, I don't think we can achieve that. 720 runs fine only IF I don't have anything else hogging up my resources. I downloaded a 1080p movie and ran with VLC Media Player and it would play on low graphic demanding scenes but when explosions and what not happen, I get extreme lag. I have heard that they are trying to create a external video card. I actually seen a GTX 260 hooked up to this adapter but who knows.

A little fun fact I saw today, I just want to share this with people. On Modern Marvels they shown televisions that were 1mm think using OLED technology. ALso, walls such in a bedroom, 100% covered by this OLED and you can change the color of your room without pant, any second. Talk about technology. Oh, and a remote implanted into your brain a long with a television in your retina. They showed this guy talking with this wife and the wife was rambling on and the husband was watching tv. Haha, I can't wait for that. I'm sure hackers will find a way to spam your internal brain when it happens.

One more thing! I made this wallpaper: I was bored one day. It say 1005 HA but not much different.

EDIT: Apparently, I didn't upload the full 1026x600 version to my Dropbox, So when I go home, I'll upload the bigger version.

Last edited by eightydee; 01-25-2011 at 12:40 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    nice logo...I was going to mention security password issues for our newest member ...Wep works but wap does not....

Thanks

Thanks!

But the bigger version will have to wait until later today. Apparently, something big happened to local ISPs around Minnesota. Everyone was down and I thought I could remote into today but I'm running off someones satellite and it's terribly slow. Problems should be fixed today.

Any word on the iDevice 4 untethered jailbreak? Greenposi0n?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Actually, my system would connect to WEP, WPA, and WPA2. The only problem I've been having is connecting to unsecured networks...

Btw, here were my install instructions, I used an Apple iPod Video 60GB, used Disk Utility and restored the Snow Leopard Install DVD, then for some reason install would freeze up and iPod sync signal would no longer be going in circles on the iPod. I figured it was a problem due to the iPod, so, I made a new partition in my drive with disk utility, and restored the installation dvd from the iPod to the partition, and rebooted into it with NBI. Install was successful after that; ethernet would fail with every kext i tried. Wifi was very buggy, other than that, everything was good.

However, I installed Windows 7 through a bootable USB, created a new partition with NTFS and installed. It overwrote my NetBookInstaller and would only boot windows.

I no longer had access to a mac, so using win32imager, I copied a netbookinstaller image to a usb, NBI found all three partitions (OSX INSTALL, Snow Loepard, Windows 7) but both the DVD installer and snow leopard boot into kernel panics, regardless of booting with -v or -x.

So, I'm stuck at a stand still with a 4 gig USB, 1 gig USB, and I don't have the iPod right now.

The iso is on the 1005HAB desktop on windows 7, can I 'restore' the iso to a partition on my hard disk without disk utility? Is there a Windows program equivalent?
    Last edited by kyleAlcobas; 02-03-2011 at 11:21 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Working 10.6.6. but does not like 9 cell battery
    All, thanks for this forum as I have used it a lot to bring my 1005hab up to 10.6.4 and then 10.6.5 and now 10.6.6.

I followed the latest steps for 10.6.6. by applying the combo update, replacing the mach_kernal and then re-applying the 3 kext files. I then ran pfix and it worked. However I ordered a 9 cell battery for it and it appears that either the hardware or the Mac OS cannot really interpret the battery and what it is doing. It is in a permanent "calculating" status when trying to tell me how much is on the battery.

Anyone else run into this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stewfalcon View Post
    All, thanks for this forum as I have used it a lot to bring my 1005hab up to 10.6.4 and then 10.6.5 and now 10.6.6.

I followed the latest steps for 10.6.6. by applying the combo update, replacing the mach_kernal and then re-applying the 3 kext files. I then ran pfix and it worked. However I ordered a 9 cell battery for it and it appears that either the hardware or the Mac OS cannot really interpret the battery and what it is doing. It is in a permanent "calculating" status when trying to tell me how much is on the battery.

Anyone else run into this?
    How much RAM do you have installed? HABS with 1 gig seems to have a battery issue where the indicator doesn't work. Buying a 2 gig stick should resolve this issue for you. Than run pfix again and shut down and boot back up.

Hope this works for you!

Quote Originally Posted by kyleAlcobas View Post
    Actually, my system would connect to WEP, WPA, and WPA2. The only problem I've been having is connecting to unsecured networks...

Btw, here were my install instructions, I used an Apple iPod Video 60GB, used Disk Utility and restored the Snow Leopard Install DVD, then for some reason install would freeze up and iPod sync signal would no longer be going in circles on the iPod. I figured it was a problem due to the iPod, so, I made a new partition in my drive with disk utility, and restored the installation dvd from the iPod to the partition, and rebooted into it with NBI. Install was successful after that; ethernet would fail with every kext i tried. Wifi was very buggy, other than that, everything was good.

However, I installed Windows 7 through a bootable USB, created a new partition with NTFS and installed. It overwrote my NetBookInstaller and would only boot windows.

I no longer had access to a mac, so using win32imager, I copied a netbookinstaller image to a usb, NBI found all three partitions (OSX INSTALL, Snow Loepard, Windows 7) but both the DVD installer and snow leopard boot into kernel panics, regardless of booting with -v or -x.

So, I'm stuck at a stand still with a 4 gig USB, 1 gig USB, and I don't have the iPod right now.

The iso is on the 1005HAB desktop on windows 7, can I 'restore' the iso to a partition on my hard disk without disk utility? Is there a Windows program equivalent?

Try this, reboot with your iPod or USB stick whichever has MacOSX on it and when Chameleon shows up, choose your hard drive. Than download EasyBCD and read up on my guide, here: Dual Boot Hackintosh with Windows 7

And I hope that helps you!
    Last edited by eightydee; 02-07-2011 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I guess nobody can help?
    I wiped everything and put Win 7 on.

Any way to restore the Snow Leopard ISO to a partition using Windows 7 or Fedora? Possibly GParted?
    Last edited by kyleAlcobas; 02-08-2011 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

+ Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast