+ Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Asus 1005HAB Netbook Hackintosh Guide

is a discussion within the

Installation

forums, a part of the

OS X 86

section;
just ordered a bluetooth mini will try it out and let you know when it arrives....Just noticed that my mic isn't working ,do you think i should try to reload
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    just ordered a bluetooth mini will try it out and let you know when it arrives....Just noticed that my mic isn't working ,do you think i should try to reload the kext for it and is there a way i can make the volume louder or is the volume on the 1005hab normaly low

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

To get the mic working, go to VoodoHDA in System Prefs and change the dropdown on the left to 2. (microphone (fixed).

After that, increase the recording level.

Then you need to download the attached zip and copy ONLY the voodoohdahelper file somewhere safe.

Add voodoohdahelper to your login items and the settings will restore on every boot.

The only problem is the terminal window is left on screen, but I'm working on that.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DrunkenMenace; 01-04-2011 at 06:42 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ya some dumass forgot to load voodooh......oops that dumass was me lol

loaded it ,now it works lol

thanks again

Thanks

10.6.6 is out with the Mac App Store. Anyone know of a patch mach kernel?

Here is the combo update to 10.6.6. 10.6.6 Combo Update

Thanks

I have seen the update, but I have yet to see the PAtched Mach Kernel. If you find it before I do, will you post it on here? If I find it I will do the same!

Sweet I hope the App Store is nice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 13mx View Post
    I have seen the update, but I have yet to see the PAtched Mach Kernel. If you find it before I do, will you post it on here? If I find it I will do the same!

Sweet I hope the App Store is nice.
    For sure man, I looked this morning. I even tweeted hackint0sh for it and see if someone can point us in the direction. I'm sure in a few days someone will have something.

Thanks

Yeah I found a forum earlier today, and there is a guy there that said he was working on one, so as soon as he post it, I will put the link here.

I am updating my Wife's MacBook as I type this, So I will check out the Mac App Store

So according to The blog I was reading all you have to run the 10.6.6 combo update and before restart replace the mach_kernel with the same one as you did with 10.6.5 and then run PFIX, and restart.
    Last edited by 13mx; 01-06-2011 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Hmm, I just might try that. For one, I have to much crap on this little thing and for two, I'm sure other people are afraid to try it. I think I'm going too. I'm gunna do it! I'm gunna I'm gunna jump (up to 10.6.6) Such peer pressure. If I don't come back, you'll know...

Thanks

I'm Downloading the update now, I'm going to take the jump too. See you on the other side.

Thanks

IT WORKED!!! Now I'm just re-installing those three kexts and currently running PFIX. Went to "About this Mac" 10.6.6 showed up! Battery and WiFi work. I will go threw and see if everything works once PFIX is done and I reboot.

So, you can probably edit your guide for 10.6.6 also.

Thanks man!
    Last edited by eightydee; 01-06-2011 at 06:43 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to eightydee For This Useful Post:

Stewfalcon (02-04-2011)

Thanks

Sweet, I am still downloading, the wifi I am using is really slow, I'm glad I could help.

Thanks

Alright, went threw and see if everything works and yes, everything works.
    --Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage--

Thanks

I don't know what happened to mine, but after I install the kexts and ran pfix, i rebooted and got a kernel panic

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    installed it yesterday ...lost wifi and sound....reloaded kext files then pfix reboot all seams ok havnt done a lot of texting though with it...will see if i get some time to test the os i little more

will post any problems seen

Thanks

Well, I created a little guide that I sent to my friend who I installed it on hers. I'll probably put it up here as a quick reference.

The things I did different is I went to insane whatever .com and redownloaded the mach kernel.

Perhaps, 13mx, you possibly didn't type the commands right? Just a guess, When I updated to 10.6.5 the second time, I screwed up on something and got a KP.

13mx, did you do the 2 gig upgrade?

Thanks

I ordered a 2gig stick yesterday.

Maybe thats what I did, I had to start from scracth in my install. I am currently updating to 10.6.4, the only problem that I have know is that my boot loader is screwed up.

I just get a blank screen with a blinking cursor. I have to boot from the install usb and it a key before it boots from it, like you do on you first reboot after installing OS X.

Any way to fix this problem?

Thanks

It could be probably from the the skin I uploaded for Chameleon, So partly my fault, Sorry man. I still have to work on dual booting this thing back up. I have the partition and everything just need to make the damn Windows USB.

One more thing. I remember you asking about the Bluetooth in the 1005 HA, My sister got that one and Bluetooth works right out the box so I might ask her if I can rip it out of there and install it in this thing.

The sad thing is, Angry Birds doesn't work on GMA950 But it works for other apps, if we can find a website that lets you download the .app.

I decided I was procrastinating with the dual boot issue. I'm working on that as we speak. Have Windows 7 installed and edited my guide a bit. Let you guys know once I get it working. One thing though, two bootloaders on a computer, there's going to be issues.
    Last edited by Simon; 01-12-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Thanks

well I got it working again, I just installed the chameleon again, a finally found an installer that worked.

So have you found any .app's from the app store? I did the Angry Birds one on my Wife's MacBook and it work liked a charm. I wish that game would work for our NetBooks, that game is addicting...lol

I'm sure that they will be making updates for it soon, I also heard it wont work on some mac minis

Thanks

No, I haven't. Angry Birds was thee only thing I bought from the App Store. It's very addictive. I've been busy with this bootloader. What I came across is, We it's easy to dual boot. I still have to make a few revisions to my dual booting guide. I found an easier way. But what I would like to do is, cancel out the Windows bootloader and use Mac's BL. I did a lot of reloading and booting from USB to restore the BL in Windows. Chameleon just doesn't seem to know where Windows is. I than tried to figure out how to modify it but no go. I even went deeper into Mac's BL and edit a few lines but no go. I'll still continue to work on it tonight. I think I might have an idea.

I'll keep you updated with those .apps. And I heard that too, Let's just hope they update a lower graphic demanding game. I'm sure in a few weeks either Apple will fix that. But who knows.

EDIT:

Alright, I screwed something up. Basically I was "tethered". The same issue you described about getting the blinking line. I had to boot from my USB jump drive. :/ So I reinstalled all the way up to 10.6.6 again. I bet there is a way, and it's right there, I'm just being dumb. Just hate having two bootloaders. Anyways, I put together a better Chameleon skin. This one shouldn't mess up your boot loader. I would suggest copying your theme.plist than copying over the folder I uploaded and see if it works. It worked for me, unless I changed something that I forgot? I highly doubt it though.

Anyways, try it out.

There is no progress bar. Your default timing will still be in effect.

Boot Camp Boot Loader
    Last edited by eightydee; 01-10-2011 at 06:25 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to eightydee For This Useful Post:

13mx (01-09-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi guys. I am new to the community, but found this the best way to get my eee pc running os x. I have followed all the directions and have it now running os x 10.6.6 without changing ram o wifi card. Everything seems to be working except usb jump drive. Usb keyboard and mouse work though. Any suggestions??