+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blinking Folder on Macbook Late 2006

is a discussion within the

Installation

forums, a part of the

OS X 86

section;
I originally had 10.4.11 and erased the MacHD becuase I was installing Snow Leopard 10.6 well I insert Snow Leopard and it loads and gets me to the "choose Language
    Thanks

Default Blinking Folder on Macbook Late 2006
    I originally had 10.4.11 and erased the MacHD becuase I was installing Snow Leopard 10.6 well I insert Snow Leopard and it loads and gets me to the "choose Language screen" and the next screen says "Mac OS X cannot be installed on this computer." Has this happened to anyone? What or How can I fix this so I can install Snow Leopard?

Thanks

click the utilities button and use disc utility to format the disc again, make sure it's formatted as 'Mac OS Extended (Journaled)'. You should be good to go.
    I have it running smooth on my slowest Mac (2.2GHz, 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, Late 2007 MacBook) without any problems. I think though 1GB of memory is the minimum you need. I could be wrong though.

btw, I'm pretty sure you're in the wrong sub forum.
    Last edited by Ruud; 04-12-2010 at 07:22 AM. Reason: being smarty pants
    So how's that JB stuff working out?
    I'm still trying to get my 1st gen. into dfu mode

Green Apple
    Thanks

Haha Macbook. This is for people with non apple computers using OS X. So you have Tiger on your system? If you have a power pc processor you can't upgrade. I'm not sure by 2006 they were all intel, but that would be something to check.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rosskey711 View Post
    Haha Macbook. This is for people with non apple computers using OS X. So you have Tiger on your system? If you have a power pc processor you can't upgrade. I'm not sure by 2006 they were all intel, but that would be something to check.
    Hey before you post "haha", ALL MacBooks are intel! the PPC thingy is called iBook also; we already figured out about the wrong sub forum... got anything to contribute? (j/k obviously)
    So how's that JB stuff working out?
    I'm still trying to get my 1st gen. into dfu mode

Thanks

Noppe
    Keithsta

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iphone8130hak For This Useful Post:

Ruud (04-17-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Simple!
    1st of all. Get your Tiger DVD and Start the Computer up while holding down the "C" key. Now it will load. Then what you will need to do is Choose Your Language and then wait for the Installer to load. When It's done, Open Utilities from the Status Bar on top, then Choose Disk Utility. When It is done loading, Choose your disk then Under the "Partition Tab", Select "1 Partition". Then Click Format, When it is done, Then you can Install Snow Leopard. Reboot and then Eject the DVD of Tiger then Put Snow Leopard in then Restart while holding down the "C" Key again. Then Install!