Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dual Boot Leopard & Vista on Dell inspiron 6400

Default Dual Boot Leopard & Vista on Dell inspiron 6400
    Dual boot leopard 10.5.3 and Windows Vista.

Everything works great I used the Jas update to 10.5.3 had to re-install some kexts/drivers and that's it.

Very smooth install.

If anyone needs a hand let me know.

Vid made with Cycorder

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcgpgXsRcNg]YouTube - Dual Boot Vista & Leopard on Dell Laptop[/ame]
    Last edited by bklynjava; 09-27-2008 at 07:56 PM.

Hi

That's the same laptop as mine, currently running vista. I'd love to have it set up as a mac too. Any chance you could let me know how you did this, so that I can too?

Cheers

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by hairlessheart View Post
    Hi

That's the same laptop as mine, currently running vista. I'd love to have it set up as a mac too. Any chance you could let me know how you did this, so that I can too?

Cheers

Doug
    You need:
    Kalyway 10.5.2 you can google this and find the download.

Burn the dvd iso for kalyway.

Create 2 partitions remember the sizes make one a bit larger.

Install vista first on your main partition.

Download Kalyway 10.5.2 make the dvd iso

Restart your pc with the kalyway dvd in - this it will start the install process.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwqVBdztIys]YouTube - Leopard 10.5.2.install on Dell inspiron[/ame]

hey so i dont have the same coputer as you... i have a dell xps m1530 but i have done some research and im pretty sure my computer is compatible for the kalyway 10.5.2 but im for sure a noob at this...so if you could help me out i would greatly appreciate it! thanks