Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To Install Mac OS X On Toshiba Satellite A205-S5804

Default Toshiba satellite L-45
    Does Anybody know if this will work on the satellite L-45
    i´ve tryed with the IDenev but the error was " HFS+ partition error" in the boot

Default Kalyway on Toshiba TECRA A2
    Hi

Can someone please post the process to install kalyway 10.5.2 on Toshiba tecra a2?

Thanks,

Hi Dude,

Can u please help me out in installing mac on my toshiba laptop...its satellite a200-1md..i have already downloaded the below
    Leo4allv3 -downloaded and burned to dvd
    • Drivers - downloaded and saved on desktop
    • Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo Update with Kernel package downloading going on...

please assit me on the same

Default Thanks!
    I have a Toshiba Satellite M115-S3144 and I used this tutorial as a basis for OS X installation on the machine. I had a few things I had to work differently (in my case, for instance, the internal HDD is on the same bus, apparently, as the DVD, so the modified IOATAFamily.kext fixes both the internal drive recognition and the DVD drive. As a result, I must first install and boot to an external USB drive to get around this and to patch files on the internal drive to add the driver.)

I'm curious to know what you're using for later versions of OSX (since this tutorial only goes as far as 10.5.4 and we're up to 10.5.8 now) if you've installed them or updated.

Thanks again for the information! It was very useful!

-J
    Last edited by vietnamthunder; 09-23-2009 at 01:17 AM.

Hi

Have you managed to indtall the driver for the wireless..if yes which card are u using ?

Quote Originally Posted by kmarvan View Post
    Hi

Have you managed to indtall the driver for the wireless..if yes which card are u using ?
    Dunno if this is a response to my recent post, but I'll respond, and apologize if it's not! I have the Intel 3945 Wireless built in. So far, no driver for that, but mercurysquad seems to be very close to a working driver. You can follow their progress here:

facebook/pages/mercurysquad

For now, I'm holding out to see what happens (wired Ethernet works, so I'm not at a complete loss, and can deal with no wireless for the time being). If they don't have anything soon, I'll probably just use an add-in card off the list of known working cards.

-J

thank you for the excellent tutorial my 5804 is working great. I wanted to update but when I did it ended with kernal panic after reboot. Ive scoured the web for a solution and find all kinds of different ways and answers on how to go from 10.5.3 to 10.5.8. but im not sure what to do. since this tut helped me get this far it seemed the best place to ask. Thanks Again Ryan

Hey guys i made a post about this but no luck decided to try here! my laptop specs are listed below, if anybody cud tell me what to alter in these instructions to install this onto my laptop that wud b awesomee =)

Toshiba Satelite U300
    Intel Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66GHz
    mobile intel 965 express chipset family
    realtek hd audio
    2gb ram

Good detailed article on conversion. Thanks for your hard work. By the way, would this procedure work with a toshiba a505-s6980?

Default Satellite L505-S6959
    Very good tutorial.

I have a Toshiba Satellite L505-S6959
    and i am wondering if these steps will work? If not then what should i look for to make it work? Also would the Graphic, sound and wifi Built-in hardwares work on the Mac?

Specs:

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T6500
    Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
    Intel® Wi-Fi Link 5100AGN (802.11a/g/n)

thanks in advance

i would really like to try this on my HP if someone could shine some light my way...

here are the specs:
    HP Pavillion dv4-2145dx
    AMD Turion™ II dual-core mobile processor M520
    4GB DDR2 DIMM memory
    320GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 rpm)
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 graphics
    VISION Technology Premium by AMD
    Windows 7 64bit

thanks in advance..

Default Getting "READ or WRITE" issue
    I got the following error message, regardless of using Kalyway, iAtKos or Leo4all

"READ or WRITE failed, sense key = 0x03"

Any ideas?

I came across this by accident, mainly because I bought an expresscard based 32gig SSD a while back expecting to be able to use it as a boot disk and for ready boost etc.

On all flavours of windows I can't do that, and its an expensive stand alone hd. Indeed OSx appears to be the only operating system which allows a boot from an expresscard (I'm rather disappointed in Solaris and Linux in this regard).

I have however read with some envy macbook pro owners finding massive performance gains from booting from these devices so wondered whether this would be possible on a hacked Mac.

I'm running on an A215-S6804 so AMD TL60s.

Think I'll give it a go....

Quote Originally Posted by macciti View Post
    Hopefully i can do this here...

It’s finally here! Down to earth, simple to read, simple to understand tutorial on how to install Mac OS X on Toshiba Satellite A205-S5804 model. If you read my previous article on this subject, you know that it is possible mainly because of Apple’s move to Intel chips. (Wait, did I write about it before?) Anyway, I did a lot of research and have come to believe that Toshiba Satellite is one of the easiest laptops to get Mac OS X working. And by working I mean full video support, sound, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, usb ports, sound adjuster, battery meter, restart and shutdown. Plus, you can run it all on vanilla kernel (original apple kernel).

Toshiba laptops are relatively cheap. Besides, if you want to spend lots of money just to create ‘hackintosh’, I suggest you buying a real Mac instead. Why? Simply because OS X was designed to run on Apple hardware. You won’t have any issues or problems if you run major software update straight from the Apple Software Update. But if you do the same thing on the Toshiba for example, you might get ‘spinning circle of death’ (ha ha, you never heard of the term 'spinning cirlce of death?; you heard 'blue screen of death', havent you?) after reboot. Some can argue that it’s not a big deal if you use modified updates from hackers (good ones) however, you must be willing to spend some time getting your system up to date. (Honestly, it’s not a big deal.)

This tutorial is for educational purposes only. You, of course, assume all responsibility for choosing to follow this tutorial. Also, OS X EULA states that you can run Leopard on Apple labeled hardware only.

Let’s get to work. As I said I use Toshiba Satellite A205-5804. A little of specifications won’t hurt. So here you go, download it from here.

You will need a modified OS X installation DVD with modified boot loader. It will allow you to load, and install OS X with no problems. This is the result of BIOS not being able to recognize Retail OS X DVD as bootable. For this install, I use ‘leo4allv3’.

Here is what you need:

• Leo4allv3 (Google it)
    • Drivers (Kext) – here.
    • Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo Update with Kernel package (dont ask me where to find it, Google it)

1. Burn your leo4allv3 ISO to a DVD

2. Changing BIOS Settings:

• In BIOS settings, make sure DVD drive is selected as the first booting device. This is required in order to install OS X. No need to change anything else.

3. Booting/Installing leo4allv3:

• Place your leo4allv3 DVD into DVD drive and turn on/restart your laptop.
    • At the Darwin prompt, you will read this: “Press any key to start from CD-Rom, or press F8 to enter start up options…” You need to press F8 and type ‘-v’ (without ‘) and press ‘Enter’ to load OS X in verbose mode. After few minutes you should see a window with a choice of different languages. Choose your own and click on ‘next’ button.
    • After you see a ‘Welcome Screen’, make sure you don’t click on ‘Continue’ button yet. You need to format your hard drive first. Go to ‘Utilities → Disc utility’. (You should be able to see ‘Utilities’ option on the top bar.)
    • Select your hard drive at the top left corner and click on ‘Erase’ tab (located in the middle of the window).
    • Choose ‘Mac OS Extended (Journaled)’ from the drop down menu of ‘Volume Format’ and click on ‘Erase’ button. Confirm the erase command.
    • Click on ‘Partition’ tab and in the ‘Volume Scheme’ drop down menu choose – 1 Partition. In the Name field type ‘OSX’. Leave the format option to ‘Mac OS Extended (Journaled).
    • Now, click on ‘Options’ button at the bottom left corner and choose ‘Master Boot Record’ (MBR), click on OK and hit ‘Apply’ at the main ‘Disk Utility’ window. Confirm the creation of the ‘OSX’ partition. Wait few moments as ‘Disk Utility’ works its way through.
    • Close ‘Disk Utility’ by clicking on the red dot at the top of the ‘Disk Utility’ window. You are back to the ‘Welcome’ screen.
    • Click on ‘Continue’ button and hit ‘Agree’.
    • Select destination hard drive – OSX and click on ‘Continue’.
    • Click on ‘Customize’ button just before you click on ‘Install’ at 'Install Summary' window.
    • Choose these packages: Under Audio, choose Azalia Audio; under Chipset, don’t select anything; under Kernel option, choose 9.2.0 sleep; under (SMBIOS), choose Apple SMBIOS 667; under Video choose GMAX3100; under Applications, choose all; select Remove Firewire; select Power Management for laptops; select About This Mac; Click on ‘Done’ button.
    • After you get back to ‘Install Summary’, click on ‘Install’ (you can skip checking install DVD by hitting ‘skip’ button).
    • Installing - wait. At some point it will look like the installation process got stock, its normal. Just wait.
    • After you see ‘Install Succeeded’ window, click on ‘Restart’ button.

4. Fixing minor bugs:
    Note: Don’t let OS X boot normally, it will most likely get stuck on a cycled reboot at ‘Transfer Your Information Window’ later, during account setup. Instead Press F8 at Darwin boot prompt and type: -v –s (hit enter);
    • After you see ‘root#’, type ‘/sbin/fsck –fy’ and hit ‘Enter’ Type /sbin/mount -uw / and hit ‘Enter’ again. (it’s going to take a little time to run script, wait)
    • Type ‘touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone’ and hit Enter;
    • You will need to set up password for root, type: passwd (yes, passwd) and hit enter; choose your password.
    Note: when you log in for the first time, your user name will be: root and password is the one you set up.
    • Now, after you log in, set up your personal account. (It’s not recommended to use ‘Root Account’) Under Settings  User Account, you will have an option of creating an account, do that.
    • As you see, you DVD drive don’t show up, you will have to fix it. There is a driver in ‘Driver Folder’ you downloaded earlier called ‘IOATAFamily.kext_V1.1’, open it and install it with KextHelper. (Google it)
    • If you want to change default Verbose Loading mode to Regular, do this: go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist. Open it with BBEdit delete ‘-v’ from the list and it will boot normally.
    • To fix Wi-Fi, install rtl8187b drive from the Drivers folder. Restart if needed. Go to 'system/library/extensions folder and find rtl8187.kext' Open it with TextMate and find this line: <integer/>33161</integer> and change numbers to 33175. Restart your computer. (Don’t freak out if you don’t see your Wi-Fi connection yet, you will have to install 10.5.3 combo update to make it work as it should!)

5. Updating to 10.5.3:
    • Open your folder with Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo Update, and double click on Kalyway UpdCombo10.5.3.pkg to initiate install. Confirm it by entering your password. Note: Do not click on ‘Restart’ after successful install, as it most likely give you lots of problems on boot. Rather leave the window open and navigate to ‘Kalyway10.5.3 Kernel’ (it should have been in the same folder with kalyway combo update). Double click on it to open the installer, and install it WITHOUT selecting any kernel versions. Close the window, get back to 10.5.3 Combo Update window and click on ‘Restart’. (You should be able to restart successfully)
    • Power management will not work after 10.5.3 update. To make it work, install Power Management 10.5.3 fix from drivers’ folder.

6. Updating to 10.5.4:
    • Navigate to Apple Software Update from your desktop by clicking on ‘Apple’ logo at the top left corner and choosing ‘Software Update’. It will check if your system is up to date, which of course not, so it will show you that 10.5.4 is available. Install it and reboot. Now you should have completely working ‘Mac’ running on latest OS X.

Congratulations on your 100% working ToshiMac!!! If you found this article interesting, please leave a comment. By the way comments are always welcome, so please take 30 seconds of your time to write one. If you want to share your experience, please do so by writing below.

Well this didnt work, i have a toshiba satellite l455d with amd sepron si 42 at 2.10ghz
    2.50 gigs of ram
    and an ati radeon, it starts loading the os i do the first step but then it reboots and starts all over again, what can i do?

Can someone help me, I have a toshiba satellite u505 and I have tried many distro's but it doesn't work. Another thing I am having problems with is the battery percent isn't showing up in the bar?

Default Wi fi?
    hello,
    Thanks for the great tutorial!
    i have the satellite A205-S5831 with the same specs. I get through everything nicely but once i get to the wifi and change the number then reboot it does nothing. Am i doing something wrong? can someone tell me how to connect to my wi fi network?
    srry im sort of a noob at this.
    Thx much!

I want to install mac on my laptop following configuration possible? Thank!
    PROCESSOR*
    Intel® Core™ i7-720QM processor
    OPERATING SYSTEM*
    Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)*
    GRAPHICS ENGINE*
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M
    GRAPHICS MEMORY*
    2747MB total: 1GB GDDR3 discrete memory + up to 1723MB shared memory w/NVIDIA® TurboCache™ technology
    EMORY*
    4GB DDR3 1066MHz memory
    HARD DRIVE*
    500GB HDD (5400rpm)
    OPTICAL DRIVE*
    DVD-SuperMulti (+/-R double layer) with Labelflash™ drive

Hey man Thank you very much for the guide is great. It works great except my wifi. I was wondering if you can help me with the wi-fi. Is there any drivers or can I get a usb wifi that would be compatible with this Os? also can i just do updates from oficial mac? or my laptop will develop problems?
    Thank you very much again.
    My wireless adaptor I think is intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG.

hi... i followed the steps but without installing the drivers, and i got problems in step 4 even after entering the syntax above as a solution...it didn't work
    any ideas how to overcome that ?? thx in advance dude
    Toshiba l500-21t

What about a Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4056?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast