+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To Install Mac OS X On Toshiba Satellite A205-S5804

is a discussion within the

Installation

forums, a part of the

OS X 86

section;
Eureka Thanks for the instructions Successfully installed Leopard 10.5.4 on a Dell Latitute 820 series laptop - but after a lot of persistence, effort, and of course frustration Funny thing
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Eureka

Thanks for the instructions

Successfully installed Leopard 10.5.4 on a Dell Latitute 820 series laptop - but after a lot of persistence, effort, and of course frustration Funny thing is that it worked just when I had decided "this is my last time, if it works great, if not screw it".

I had to install Leopard on my Dell 22 times trying all sorts of combinations until I finally got it right. Took me close to 20 sleepless hours (been trying since 9 PM Sunday - Aug 31st).

Since its a different hardware than Toshiba, following the exact instructions didn't seem to work for me. For example, Selecting that MBR partition map option was simply catastrophic for me - it led to "Still waiting for root" or something like that. Also, selecting 9200-sleep Kernel didn't work for me, even after I had made sure that Sleep mode was enabled in BIOS.

Also, I had to turn off Dual Core option in BIOS, to make it appear as Single Core.

I am not writing this to say your guide is wrong so please don't take it in that sense. I am writing this so others who are reading this get some other options. We are all smart relatively people here and we know what works for one doesn't always work for another I really appreciate your guide cuz it served as an inspiration to get my own Hackint0sh.

Also, I noticed that the install wasn't successful on a drive with multiple partitions. I had the following partitions:
    1. Dell Setup Utility partition (Primary) - 15 MB
    2. Empty\Blank FAT32 partition (Primary, Active) - 100 GB - This is where I intended to install Leopard
    3. NTFS Data Partition (Extended, Logical) - 20 GB - This partition just had some .pqi (Image files) for my Windows installation.

I was hoping I could install on partition 2, without having to touch partition 1 and 3, but no dice after liek 15 tries. OS would always install, but never boot

That got me thinking that maybe partition 1 (Dell Setup Utility) is causing problems here, since it was a bootable partition. I decided to pull the plug, erase my entire drive and start over. Once I did this, I installed with Default (GUID Partition Map) instead of MBR Partition. I customized the install with the following set:

1. Intel in Chipset
    2. Accept the default Kernel it presents (9200)
    3. Broadcom and Intel Proset drivers in Netowrking section
    4. Apple SMBIOS 667 under (SMBIOS)
    5. Do not select Video Driver
    6. Do not select Audio Driver
    7. Do not select Power Management
    8. Select Remove Firewire

Here's a list of things that are working for me (after updates, and addtional Kext intallations as mentioned in the guide)
    1. Wifi - Worked right out of the box (i.e. after installtion)
    2. Sound
    3. DVD
    4. Power Management
    5. Upgrade to 10.5.4

Please visit Hackint0sh Show Off Thread, and show off your rig

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/chit-ch...ackint0sh.html
    Last edited by ajrulez; 09-01-2008 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

nice!!! gald i could help!!!

Thanks
    i gave up...i got the same error it hang up after the gray screen and apple logo appear on the screen using iDeneb and Leo4allv3final

Thanks
    Talking Info for $$
    I really need an informed individual with ample knowledge on making OSX fully functional on my laptop. (mostly wireless,sound, DVD drive, and proper shut down and hibernate). I am willing to make a donation to any group or youself(so you can make the donation, wink wink). I have tried leo4allv3 and had it running but no wifi,sound and it will not shut down.

I have a Toshiba X205-SLI1. Intel Centrino Duo 2.2gHz, 2 gigs RAM, Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN, Nvidia SLI Dual GeForce 8600M graphics and dual harddrives cards. So this is the machine I would like to have OS X on.

In addition, the X205 has dual hard drives (currently (2) 320gig toshiba drives installed) I would also like to devote one drive to my Vista Ultimate X64 and the other to OSX.

Any advise beyond the scope of the entrys in past post that would help would be great

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay guys i just successfully download all the files i need and i'm about to attempt to install this on my toshiba satelite.. i'm assuming everything should work just fine.. any last minute pointers before i start the process? Macciti does your wireless work?

Okay i'm stuck.. at this step:

After you see ‘root#’, type ‘/sbin/fsck –fy’ and hit ‘Enter’ Type /sbin/mount -uw / and hit ‘Enter’ again. (it’s going to take a little time to run script, wait)
    • Type ‘touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone’ and hit Enter;
    • You will need to set up password for root, type: passwd (yes, passwd) and hit enter; choose your password.

after i type /sbin/mount -uw / it runs 2 scripts then it does not go back to the root# it just sits on a static cursor block.. if i hit enter i will get the root#

I type touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
    then i type passwd and it says command not listed?? please help
    Last edited by gmane; 09-19-2008 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    hi,
    i have a satellite A215
    and was wondering if that would work with this, but i would also like to dual boot it. i am currently running vista/ubuntu 8.04 and i have been having alot of problems with ubuntu so i want to switch but i want to keep windows.

if you need more info about my laptop let me know thanks alot !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Will this work with any of my laptops?
    1. Toshiba Satellite 2415-S205
    Mobile Intel Pentium 4 processor-M at 2.00GHz
    1GB DDR
    60GB HDD
    NVIDIA GeForce4 420 Go graphics controller 16MB

2. Acer Extensa 4620-4605
    Intel Pentium Dual Core T-2310 1.46GHz
    2GB DDR2
    160GB HDD
    Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family 358MB

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for the tutorial. on my a205s5804, initially i got the os running fine, with a few exceptions of the audio out jack not working, nor the wired ethernet jack. anyhow, this all worked fine at first and the os was completely updated. after a while, however the wifi was having issues finding my network. so i finally decided to do a fresh install and start from scratch. that all went well, got drivers and all installed and fired it up. however, as soon as i update the os via the internet it gives an error which prompts me to restart the computer. so i did so and upon boot the same error appears. i just assumed that something must have went wrong and i missed a step, so i reinstalled from scratch 3 or 4 more times, each time getting the same result. updating resulted in the error, the system hangs and will go no further.

sooo, what i'm wondering is if anyone else is having this issue and if apple has put a stop to hackintoshing this lappy via an update, or if this is just an isolated incident with me being an unlucky soul.

Thanks

if you updated your system through system update from apple, that did messed up your system because it install some files that are not for non-apple hardware... about reinstalling, you have to delete and reformat the hard drive again before you move to fresh install...

updating system is not hard though using some terminal commands that will remove certain kext files that will cause the behaviour you got

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macciti View Post
    if you updated your system through system update from apple, that did messed up your system because it install some files that are not for non-apple hardware... about reinstalling, you have to delete and reformat the hard drive again before you move to fresh install...

updating system is not hard though using some terminal commands that will remove certain kext files that will cause the behaviour you got
    can you elaborate on the process of updating via the terminal then? i really liked the os and would like to go back to it. i've currently fallen back to ubuntu but would like to get the osx running good so i can use it again.
    also, originally it updated perfectly, it was only after the reinstalls that it began acting up. any help you can offer is much appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koreanmasters99 View Post
    Do you happens to know where I can
    get a copy of the driver for
    Dell 9200 with : ATI Radeon 9700 Mobility driver?
    went to ATI site, DL their version, installed it, but it says..
    not for intel processor.....
    I have installed it onto my computer for quite a while already
    works great..the only things that is driving me crazy is the resolution
    setting....it sucks
    thnx
    god bless!

i will ask around
    Did you hear anything ?

I'd also be VERY interested in a working driver for my ATI mobility 9600-9700.

I've been searching around, tried various drivers, crashed my system a couple of times, but video card is not yet recognized

What I don't understand is that ATIRadeon9700.kext Info.plist DOES contain 0x4E501002 under IOKitPersonalities:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <string>0x4E441002 0x41441002 0x4E481002 0x41481002 0x41501002 0x4E501002 0x41521002 0x4E541002 0x4A481002 0x4A491002 0x4A4A1002 0x4A4B1002 0x4A4C1002 0x4A4D1002 0x4A4E1002 0x5B601002 0x5B621002 0x3E501002 0x4E561002 0x5B641002 0x3E541002</string>
    </plist>

FYI, my system is a Dell Inspiron 9100 (sold in the US under the XPS line).

Found a way to get my network (broadcom 440x) working.
    No sound, wireless, ... yet.

But most important (after network) is to get my video card properly recognized.

TIA for your help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can anyone elaborate on this? i would really like to get osx back up and running, such a nice os. i was just getting comfortable with it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool Thank you so much for this tutorial
    Hi,

Fellow toshiba A205-S5804 user here and I have to say thank you for your tutorial, I WORKS!!, I am so happy, I got so sick of re installing vista from the toshiba restore cds, and it would constantly reinstall all the same garbage programs that came with it. I am glad to see I was able to get leopard working with my toshiba with your help with this tutorial.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default toshiba a205-s5859
    I have the a205 s5859 so it's the same series and the tutorial was very helpful, but there were a few issues that I couldn't get though. The wifi kex had a different name from what was written in this tutorial and I couldn't find the number to replace and get it to work even after the combo update. The other issue though was the same as the other poster. I tried to do the software update and basically It doesn't work at all anymore. I don't know. It took several attempts and many hours. I almost feel like it's too much work for the end result, until better compatibility is available.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey, thx a lot this is my specific model
    so can i create this on another partition and still keep my OEM win vista
    and can i still go back and recover my computer with the recovery disc

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by demin004 View Post
    Hey, thx a lot this is my specific model
    so can i create this on another partition and still keep my OEM win vista
    and can i still go back and recover my computer with the recovery disc

no, OS NEEDS to be the primary partition on the disk. What you can do is delete all partitions off the disk and create 2 new ones, the first being for OSX, the second being for windows.

You can use a recovery disk or use a windows dvd to re-install it if you choose, but you're much better off using a seperate hard drive to play around with osx86, just in case something happens.

Don't expect to get it installed the first time either. You'll probably have to install it a dozen or so times before you figure out what your computer needs and doesn't need

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey,
    i've got a toshiba satellite A205-S5843

Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2370 @ 1.73GHz
    2gb RAM
    video card: mobile intel 965 express chipset family
    audio card: Realtek High Definition Audio
    WiFi card: Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter

is there anything extra that i need or can i follow your instructions normally?

also, if it doesnt work how easy is it to revert back to vista?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Kext crash of ACPI during update to 10.5.4
    Hi, thanks for the guide, was very clear and usefull... now I have problems with the update to 10.5.4 as you described - the kext of the ACPI is crashing, system saying, that is just one driver ... how could i repair the system or should I install the system from the beginning without the ACPI kext ? Thanks for help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i've notice to see that there is a new update for 10.5.6... what will happen if i update?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i've followed the instructions and thanks! i got the os installed, but when i try to install the realtek drivers it keeps asking for the apple disk, even if the disk is in the drive....anyone got any idea about this?