+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iMac not booting!

is a discussion within the

iMac

forums, a part of the

Desktops

section;
Hi all, Have an iMac 27" and for a while after shutdown when I start it won't go pass the booting screen (white scene with grey apple and spinning wheel
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iMac not booting!
    Hi all,

Have an iMac 27" and for a while after shutdown when I start it won't go pass the booting screen (white scene with grey apple and spinning wheel below). It started behaving like this a month ago and already reinstalled Mac OSX Lion twice after option key pressed at boot process.

After reinstalling the OS (Lion 10.7.3) again (from bot recovery HD), it restarts and works fine (no issues whatsoever) until next shutdown and goes back to not booting. Already ran Disk Utility and found no errors in the partition or permission errors.

Anyone with this problem? Could it be HD problem or any thoughts if could be OS related even though I reinstalled it twice since?

Any help much appreciated!
    Thanks.

iMac not booting!-photo.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

Did you do a clean install or restore from time machine? I had that issue to and it must have been something that made it into the time machine. I had to do a clean install and just copy the very important stuff off the time machine.