Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Magic Mouse and Bootcamp problems...

Default Magic Mouse and Bootcamp problems...
    Hello all,

Tonight I installed Windows 7 Ultimate using Bootcamp on my iMac and everything worked great, except for the Magic Mouse. It installs correctly, it's recognized and paired via bluetooth, but then nothing happens; the cursor just sits there and I can't do anything unless I plug in my old Logitech V221 mouse. I tried reinstalling the drivers, running the software updater, re-pairing the mouse, but nothing works. It just won't move.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    27" iMac: Quad-Core 2.93GHz i7 & 16GB RAM
    iPhone 4S: 64GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPad 2: 32GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Touch 3rd Gen iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Classic (thick) 160GB

Thanks

Are you using the latest version of Boot Camp drivers since Software Update states that the latest version supports Magic Mouse?

(Note: Mac OS X Install Disc does not have the latest version of Boot Camp drivers.)
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Yes, I downloaded the latest version (Don't remember the exact #) through Software Update...And Windows does recognize it as an Apple Magic Mouse, and it even says it is ready to be used, but the mouse pointer just sits there. I restarted the iMac and nothing, the mouse doesn't do anything. I really don't know what could be going on here, everything else works fine.

EDIT: God, I feel dumb! Today I entered the Windows partition again and I tried moving the mouse, and again, nothing happened. Then, I clicked the mouse 3-5 times and VOILA! It now works beautifully with both OSes. I really don't know why I didn't try that earlier. So, thread solved!
    Last edited by iTouch-Warrior; 12-06-2010 at 12:57 PM.
    27" iMac: Quad-Core 2.93GHz i7 & 16GB RAM
    iPhone 4S: 64GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPad 2: 32GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Touch 3rd Gen iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Classic (thick) 160GB