View Poll Results: What do you think is the most important improvement?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Touch Screen

2 100.00%
  • Design Scheme Change

1 50.00%
  • Sound Quality Upgrade

1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Top 3 Things Apple Could've Done Better

is a discussion within the

iMac

forums, a part of the

Desktops

section;
Top 3 Things Apple Could've Done Better With The iMac Apple recently released a brand new iMac. Though it has a few innovations, it could definatley do much better for
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Post Top 3 Things Apple Could've Done Better
    Top 3 Things Apple Could've Done Better With The iMac

Apple recently released a brand new iMac. Though it has a few innovations, it could definatley do much better for it's pricing. The following is a list of the top 3 things I think Apple could've done better to improve their iMac design.

Number One - Touch Screen
    Apple should have DEFINITELY introduced a touch screen to the iMac. It's what Apple needs to move forward and keep up with the current market. HP has their own all-in-one design that features a touch screen. However, Apple could've certainly proved their design inferior with their glass multi touch surface design. Even if they made it an option that cost a little more, it would have been a major innovation on Apple's part to introduce such a product. Apple cannot even claim they don't have the technology or experience because of their previous innovation with the iPhone. I will however cut them some slack. This is only because I'm a total Apple freak. But yuou have to admit that possibly the current economic crisis may have had something to do with the fact that no major design changes were made to the iMac.

Number Two - Overall Design Scheme
    So far, the iMac has had the same screen-on-pedestal design. That's great. However, why not leave the screen-on-pedestal, but change the design of the screen area. Even if it was jsut a color change, it still would've been something. When you introduce a new product and advertise it like you do on your site and price it up as much as that, please Apple, please make sure it's something a little newer than the old one.

Number Three - Better Sound Quality
    Though this isn't a big deal, I couldn't (at the current time) find anything else wrong with my iMac. However, the sound quality delivered through the current iMac is very good for its compactness. However, I think Apple could've tried to push the limits after having the same design for that long and tried adding a subwoofer to increase the sound quality.

None of these are like total bummers or anything, just ideas on what Apple can improve on in the future. The only one I really stress to Apple is number 1. Touch is the future. Anyways, maybe we'll see some of these innovations at WWDC along with Snow Leopard in June. Vote on the poll if you want and tell me how I did on this, and other reviews through replying.

Thanks for viewing!
    Want me to rant/review something? email me at [email protected], reply, or PM me.
    Thurbs190

Thanks

All valid points... I was confused the other day when I saw the iMac had been updated but it had the exact same design scheme; sort of the same thing with the Pro, too.

A touchscreen iMac would be sick, though.
    Respect your elders.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ALL DAY For This Useful Post:

thurbs190 (03-06-2009)

Thanks

but think about how many fingerprints you would get all over a large screen like that
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

They'd find SOME way around it! :P otherwise, it wouldn't be Apple now would it?
    Thurbs190

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thurbs190 View Post
    They'd find SOME way around it! :P otherwise, it wouldn't be Apple now would it?
    iPhone has been and always was a fingerprint magnet. On a 24 inch screen now...
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]