Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iMac Unboxing

iPhone? More like MyPhone calingasan's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iMac Unboxing
    Just got my iMac today. 3.06ghz / 4gb ram / 500gb hd / wireless mouse and keyboard. She's an absolute beauty. Total must buy recommendation.

Didnt know that if you bought a wireless keyboard and mouse that the original wired mouse and keyboard would not be included in the package. I'll have to skip bootcamp till i get wired keyboard and mouse unless any of you guys know how to setup windows 7 with wireless peripherals, either way, this baby looks fantastic.

-img_0362.jpg-img_0359.jpg-img_0365.jpg
    -img_0367.jpg-img_0368.jpg-img_0361.jpg
    -img_0370.jpg-img_0364.jpg-img_0363.jpg
    -img_0379.jpg-img_0369.jpg-img_0373.jpg
    -img_0374.jpg-img_0375.jpg
    Last edited by calingasan; 01-13-2009 at 11:30 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to calingasan For This Useful Post:

wangarsan (01-14-2009)

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Very nice M8...

Thanks

Cheers mate!!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calingasan For This Useful Post:

thurbs190 (03-05-2009), wangarsan (01-14-2009)

Thanks

Very nice indeed. 3.06GHz, too!

Way to max it out, mate...
    Respect your elders.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ALL DAY For This Useful Post:

wangarsan (01-14-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

If it is just bluetooth I am sure it will work just fine with Windows 7... just curious though, what is the purpose of a wireless keyboard? Never quite understood that :P

I am also curious... did it come with iLife '09? I am thinking not, but just wondering. You should petition for a free upgrade if not
    Last edited by sziklassy; 01-14-2009 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    just curious though, what is the purpose of a wireless keyboard? Never quite understood that :P
    put it on your lap and type. at least thats what i do. that imac is clean cut sexy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan0930 View Post
    put it on your lap and type. at least thats what i do.
    I guess I am old fashioned using a desk? Lap seems to cumbersome...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

I guess I am old fashioned using a desk? Lap seems to cumbersome...
    i use a desk too. but prefer typing on my lap. more relaxed position.

Thanks

Just installed windows 7 64bit on the iMac. Its my first time to use bootcamp so it took me awhile. just a heads up, dont install bootcamps bluetooth drivers. pairing the wireless keyboard and mouse with BC drivers seems impossible for me. I just used the default one that came along with windows 7. Its better to probably wait for an official release from apple that supports windows 7.

Here are the steps i took if any of you guys want to try it.
    1. In OSX, partition your HD using boot camp assistant.
    2. Make sure you have usb keyboard and mouse
    3. Install windows 7 64bit installation disk (burned iso from microsoft) on bootcamp partition
    4. Install bootcamp drivers found on OSX Install Disk 1 (Came with iMac box)
    Note: setup.exe will not work on x64 OS. Look for the 64bit msi located at drivers/apple folder (i think)
    5. Install bootcamp 2.1 (downloaded from apple support site)
    Note: i think the x64 msi and this one are the same but again, im not sure.
    6. Uninstall the two bluetooth driver from bootcamp.
    7. Try pairing the keyboard and mouse. If it fails just turn keyboard or mouse off and try again.
    8. It took awhile for me to pair the mouse and the keyboard but once it does, the drivers for it will install.
    9. Install realtek sound bootcamp vista 64bit driver (google it)

To answer sziklassy question: why the wireless keyboard? answer: it just looks better for me. I'm new to this mac thing and I just think their pretty sweet. also: did it came with iLife09? answer: nope and petitioning a free upgrade isnt such a bad idea. i might just do that tomorrow. thanks.

cool, i've got the windows drive on my OSX desktop mounted and i can read its contents. im so new to this and im just amaze how compatible the mac is with windows right now.
    Last edited by calingasan; 01-14-2009 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

so how do you like windows 7? I really enjoy it. Too bad it's not just an update to Vista, as it should be

Thanks

If it is just bluetooth I am sure it will work just fine with Windows 7...
    if its a fresh install i wouldnt be detected since the drivers are not installed yet. you'll be stuck at install screen without any inputs. lol

so how do you like windows 7? I really enjoy it. Too bad it's not just an update to Vista, as it should be
    Quick as a bullet.

GUI is so crisp and fine but sometime glitch into black high lights but that understandable since its just beta
    Last edited by calingasan; 01-14-2009 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by calingasan View Post
    if its a fresh install i wouldnt be detected since the drivers are not installed yet. you'll be stuck at install screen without any inputs. lol
    Interesting, I didn't have this issue with my mouse when I installed Windows 7. Oh well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by calingasan View Post
    also: did it came with iLife09? answer: nope and petitioning a free upgrade isnt such a bad idea. i might just do that tomorrow. thanks.
    They won't do it for you... Good news is, since you bought it after January 6th (I presume) you can upgrade to '09 for $9.95.
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    They won't do it for you... Good news is, since you bought it after January 6th (I presume) you can upgrade to '09 for $9.95.
    Nice... For the price, its like an appstore app.

Interesting, I didn't have this issue with my mouse when I installed Windows 7. Oh well.
    Was it a wireless mouse? I remember seeing the documentation for bootcamp saying that one of the requirements is a usb mouse and keyboard. Had to borrow mine from the office.
    Last edited by calingasan; 01-14-2009 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Sweet! I have the 2.4ghz/ 4 gb ram/ 320gb hd version and LOVE it. Best Mac I've had by far.

As with most processor updates, the speed bumps aren't that significant or big a deal these days since they are so small over previous models, its the newer technology that allows higher cache and cross threading that really makes these new units shine above last models.

I'm going to hang with last years models for a while since they are paid for.

Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

is this normal, use to be a committed to MS but since i bought my mac stuff i've been a total mac fanboi.
    Last edited by calingasan; 02-03-2009 at 12:18 AM.