Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dell's iMac wanabe

iPhone? More like MyPhone calingasan's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs down Dell's iMac wanabe
    They call it the XPS one.

iMac 24" still looks better for me.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I view this less as an imac wannabe and more as a "takes less space on the workdesk" myself :P
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

yes, but they could have come up with the same concept without looking like an imac. Take for example the Gateway One. It takes less space in the workdesk and at the same time having an original design. I just think the PC could do so much better when it tries to be original.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly it looks just like the displays Dell builds but a little thicker since it has the computer components in it, much like an iMac is thicker than the cinema display since it has the computer components in it. It is easier (and cheaper) to add to a design than fully redesign something, especially when there is no real need. They are not shooting for the mac audience with this machine. They already know that people looking at the macs are set on their decisions anyway. I think this was more a decision of price and complexity than anything else.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Honestly it looks just like the displays Dell builds but a little thicker since it has the computer components in it, much like an iMac is thicker than the cinema display since it has the computer components in it. It is easier (and cheaper) to add to a design than fully redesign something, especially when there is no real need. They are not shooting for the mac audience with this machine. They already know that people looking at the macs are set on their decisions anyway. I think this was more a decision of price and complexity than anything else.
    Interesting point.