Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iMac 512MB 400MHZ, Will this run leopard.

Thanks

Question iMac 512MB 400MHZ, Will this run leopard.
    Hi all!
    I am about to recieve an iMac, first gen. The specs for this machine are 400 MHZ 512 MB and I am willing to upgrade. I know sonnet sells a 600 MHZ upgrade. This machine supports a gigabyte of memory. I need to upgrade the hard drive as it is 10 GB!
    I am recieving this machine for free, so i have a good budget !
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

I don't think you have enough processor speed or disk space.
    System requirements are
    Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or Power PC G4 (867 MHz or faster) processor
    512 MB memory or more, A DVD drive for installation, 9 GB of available disk space or more

Thanks

Well since we are hackers, could I get it to run, I am going to upgrade the HD to 80 GB and the cd also

Thanks

Even if you upgrade HDD and CPU, the CPU is still far too weak. 600MHz. that's slower than a pentium III
    Last edited by dale1v; 12-08-2008 at 09:38 PM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

I know it is weak, but could i run leopard, what about tiger?
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

Tiger 10.4 should work
    System requirements
    A PowerPC G3, G4, or G5 processor, Built-in FireWire, At least 256 MB of RAM
    DVD drive (DVD-ROM), Combo (CD-RW/DVD-ROM) or SuperDrive (DVD-R) for installation
    At least 3 GB of free disk space; 4 GB if you install the XCode 2 Developer Tools