Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My 20" iMac and a few little add on's

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Default My 20" iMac and a few little add on's
    First if you have an iMac I recommend this: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/mac-acc...ht-review.html

That alone not only makes your screenflows look more professional, it mounts on top of your iMac like a hood ornament and make for an impressive looking machine.

Max RAM on the Aluminum iMac is 4gb and I'm maxxed out. This thing hauls *you know what*. I'm running 2.4 Core Duo.

I have the 320GB HD which is more than enough, but as my library grows I think an eternal HD like the MyBook is in order.

Mine came with the biggest Superdrive available from Apple currently so I am covered there, and it supports dual layer DVD burning (WOOOOT).

The keyboard/mouse combo that comes with them has very short cords, so one of the first things you should buy is a nice wireless keyboard/mouse package. Apple's aluminum keyboard and Mighty Mouse are the perfect setup for the iMac and I have both. Couldn't be happier.

The iMac has dual speed Firewire ports and a plethora of USB ports. If you are considering an iMac, you're covered there.

The display on these are amazing. Very bright and crisp, it's Apple's price and joy display. I've never been so impressed with a high gloss screen that had such low reflectivity.

Bottom line is, if you are looking for a desktop the iMac has the power, screen, and features you need. I sold my MacBook to purchase this iMac and have never been happier.

They start at $1199, but configured as mine is will run you $2275.00 out the door from Apple. Buy as big as you can, these are just that much more impressive when they are "built".

Recommended!

Last edited by one1; 09-04-2008 at 01:39 AM.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Well, I personally love my iMac and it was the stock 1399[?] one from last november. I do believe the bluetooth mouse and keyboard combo is awesome, but, I think the RAM upgrade is better to do not from apple because apple is WAYYYY overpriced when it comes to that.
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent J. View Post
    Well, I personally love my iMac and it was the stock 1399[?] one from last november. I do believe the bluetooth mouse and keyboard combo is awesome, but, I think the RAM upgrade is better to do not from apple because apple is WAYYYY overpriced when it comes to that.
    +1 go to crucial and get ram, its much cheaper.

......epic