Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak iPhone 3gs - Request help from GURUs

Default Jailbreak iPhone 3gs - Request help from GURUs
    All you iPhone 3gs GURUs,

I have a totally weird problem with jailbreaking by 3gs and would appreciate any assistance provided.

Below is the chronological order of things that I did to my iphone 3gs
    1. Bought my brand new iphone 3gs (Bootrom - 359.3.2; firmware - 3.1.2) from a seller in Dec '09 and JB, unlocked it with B1ackrain and used my 3gs with no issues for almost 6 months with T-Mobile
    2. Tried to upgrade my 3gs to a jailbreaken os 4.0 using pwange tool (snowbreeze) using Windows via the steps listed in redmonpie.
    3. Biggest mistake done - I forgot to save a copy of my firmware in Cydia
    4. As multiple updates to JB OS4.0 failed, i was frustrated and upgraded to OS 4.0 directly from Apple (the dumbest thing I did)

Now my iphone 3gs is locked to AT&T, due to which I had to take a AT&T connection.

Though I have read this forum and other forums multiple times, can some one tell me if there is a unlock method/tool available for my 3gs Os4.0?
    If no alternative is available currently can someone tell me if there will be a solution for me to unlock the os 4.0 in the near future? I will be leaving US shortly and would like to use my iphone 3gs after unlocking.

All you GURUs please let me know if I should keep my hopes up or is my iphone good for nothing once i leave US?

i'm not guru, but new tools are in works(jailbreak+unlock) as we speak,check this site often for updates...

....DON'T SMOKE JUST VAPE!!!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rumcajs For This Useful Post:

karthikppillai (07-13-2010)

And don't post in the wrong thread

Default how to upgrade iphone 3gs,3.1.3,5.12.1,6.4 to OS 4.0
    I just unlocked iphone 3gs,3.1.3,5.12.1 ,6.4 Now I want to upgrade to to OS4.0..
    Is there any solution??

thanks in advance

amirdeula - Dont upgrade from Apple directly. Snowbreeze does have an option of "cooking" the OS4.0 and installing it as an jailbroken os. But this does not seem to work for most of the people.

Before you even try upgrading save your SHSH in Cydia so that if anything screws up you can downgrade and still unlock your 3gs. I missed to save my SHSH and hence could not downgrade and now am stuck with a stupid AT&T connection.

have you installed tinyumbrella? you can look at past firmwares to see if Cydia saved your shsh blobs. I misstakenly up graded to the new ios 4.0.1 from a 3.1.3. I was with out T-mobile for a month. I looked up my shsh blobs on tinyumbrella and got them from Cydia. I was able to downgrade to 3.1.2 FW and cooked a new FW 4.0 using snowbreeze 1.6.2 for my 3GS.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

im pretty sure the new ultrasnow will unlock your phone, if you go to Jailbreakme.com, and jailbreak yur device, then go to cydia and add if its not already there the repo: repo666.ultrasn0w.com make sure the o in snow is a zero and not an o, that shud work

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to iNT3Rv3NTiONZz For This Useful Post:

mb23 (09-19-2010)

MaxxyBoii2K10 is right, I have the same phone and did that to mine-- will work correctly-- just follow the above steps and you will been fine!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Glad to be a help

Default my iphone doesnt boot up
    i updated my iphone 3gs to 4.0.It doesnt boot up.But if I make a call to iphone, ring goes but iphone seems to be as it is.
    please help me how to get rid of it,.
    thanks in advance

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amirdeula View Post
    i updated my iphone 3gs to 4.0.It doesnt boot up.But if I make a call to iphone, ring goes but iphone seems to be as it is.
    please help me how to get rid of it,.
    thanks in advance
    You have to restore to 4.0 again to fix the problem.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Joan m ureña (10-05-2010)

Not a guru but another person who enjoys JB-ing. I agree, if you do not have your shsh blobs saved, just go to jailbreakme.com since your firmare is 4.0. It never hurts to down load tinyumbrella. You might be surprised.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

In Malay Language, Bahasa Malaysia : Guru means teacher