+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I jailbreak my new iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 - with new bootrom?

is a discussion within the

iLiberty

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I'm trying to jailbreak my new iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 that I just bought to replace my old iPhone...but I'm not sure if I actually can. I just want to know
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Can I jailbreak my new iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 - with new bootrom?
    I'm trying to jailbreak my new iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 that I just bought to replace my old iPhone...but I'm not sure if I actually can.
    I just want to know if there is jailbreaking software available yet that will jailbreak a newer iPhone 3GS with the new bootrom and stuff.

I'm running the latest version of the software: 3.1.3 (7E18)
    My Model Number is: MB715LL

I tried jailbreaking it already using sn0wbreeze, but I got this message...
    "sn0wbreeze has detected that this device cannot be jailbroken with sn0wbreeze unless it is already jailbroken. if your iPhone 3G[S] has an updated bootrom. Then you cannot use sn0wbreeze".

I also tried using f0recast to determine whether or not it was jailbreakable, but it was a bit vague...see below the info that came up.

Serial #: XXXXXXXXXXX
    Baseband: 05.12.01
    Bootloader: 6.4
    Model: MB715

Jailbreakable: Only if SHSH is saved. (whats does this even mean??)
    Unlockable: NO
    Tethered: Maybe. Depends if Refurb

Can anyone tell me what I should do?
    If my iPhone actually is jailbreakable, then which software should I use??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have this exact problem, damn 3.1.3 upgrade messed up everything! have you found out what jailbreakable only if shsh is saved means? cause f0rcast jst told me the same thing....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freaksrock62 View Post
    Can anyone tell me what I should do?
    If my iPhone actually is jailbreakable, then which software should I use??
    If you just bought your 3GS then you are running a stock 3.1.3, and you should wait. There is no way for you to jailbreak your 3GS iPhone right now.

Saved SHSH's are people who have previously jailbroken thier devices and saved the SHSH files returned by Apple to Saurik's Cydia sever. SHSH's allow you to restore to a firmware that Apple is no longer signing, as you have a copy of their "signature" for that firmware already on file. (This will not apply to you, as you have a new 3.1.3 phone that was never jailbroken on 3.1.2 or lower to even have had a chance to save the hashes.)

Thanks

You can't jailbreak it. What snowbreeze is telling you is that if you have previously jailbroken your phone and have your SHSH saved with Saurik's server, you can downgrade and rejailbreak. If you do not have your SHSH on file with Suarik's server (Cydia) then you're out of luck.

An SHSH is a unique identifier for your phone. It's what is used to sign the firmware.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i recently bought a IPHONE 3GS and i jaibreaked it and saved the SSH file but then i found out it was a tether jailbreak and i didnt like it so i updated to 3.13 so is there anyway for me to jailbreak it again but untether?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MvP.Drew View Post
    i recently bought a IPHONE 3GS and i jaibreaked it and saved the SSH file but then i found out it was a tether jailbreak and i didnt like it so i updated to 3.13 so is there anyway for me to jailbreak it again but untether?
    I did the same thing, even when jailbroken I chose "make my life easier". But now it seems I have no SHSH stored on Suriks server even though i could've sworn I saved it.

Oh well, need to wait until geohot makes some kind of break for the new 3.1.3