+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G 3.1.3 Jailbreak Help!!

is a discussion within the

iLiberty

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
so, i gave my jailbroken iTouch 3.1.2 to my mother thinking i could jailbreak my iPhone No Problem...lol WRONG! since the day ive gotten it, ive tried and tried all
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3G 3.1.3 Jailbreak Help!!
    so, i gave my jailbroken iTouch 3.1.2 to my mother thinking i could jailbreak my iPhone No Problem...lol WRONG!

since the day ive gotten it, ive tried and tried all the "hacks" (using 3.1.2 in redsnow) downgrading(which apple doesnt allow anymore) blackra1n, which i used for my iTouch, NOPE. so guys, please, if youve had a similar problem, please give me a heads up on how to fix it. im sooooo tired of this blah standard iPhone. my iTouch was amazing

-Joey

iPhone? More like MyPhone youngunn's Avatar
    Thanks

if you have just bought a new iphone with the new boot rom, since you never had it jailbroken before and now it has 3.1.3, there is virtually no way to do it... i mean, not that i am aware of. see, cydia would store you shsh signature so that you could roll back with its server instead of apples. at this point either do more research or wait for the next jailbreak. srry

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

were do i get the software to jailbreak my iphone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i looked some more, and i have a non "mc" model...which apparently can be jailbroken. im getting really frustrated. it seems like im hearing more and more that the iPhone 3G is going to be overlooked. i hope thats not the case. i tried using snowbreeze yesterday. and it recognized my phone as a 2G??? i was like WTF? but ok. so i tried to restore with the custom made firmware and of course iTunes couldnt recognize the firmware. so im guessing im stuck with a stock iPhone until the new firmware comes out... on a side note. i ran diagnostics on it and it shows that im on old bootrom and like i said before its a non MC model...so im just ******* annoyed. any help would be appreciated

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am in the same boat, I have a 3gs old bootrom, and never had it jabroken. I want it jailboken help!!
    Last edited by cavids; 04-14-2010 at 02:12 PM.

Thanks

There are guides on this site
    Keithsta

Thanks
    Thanked 15,020 Times in 6,926 Posts

3G iPhones can always be jailbroken, if you are on 3.1.3 just put the phone into recovery or dfu mode and downgrade it to 3.1.2. When it gives the error at the end just run blackra1n or redsnow and it will kick you out of recovery and jailbreak it for you. You won't be able to unlock it yet (if you even need to unlock). However if you have a iPhone 3GS then you will not be able to jailbreak yet as iTunes will not let you downgrade to 3.1.2 without saved SHSH files, which a brand new iPhone with 3.1.3 obviously would not have.

Green Apple
    Thanks

so is there hope for us 3gs owners?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,020 Times in 6,926 Posts

Hope that Geohot, Dev Team or Chronic Team release one of their new jailbreaks soon. Have a feeling Blackra1n will come out first, could be end of month but who knows for sure, they don't want to waste the jailbreaks on 3.1.3