Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I think I've tried it all, Help needed with Blackra1n:(

Hybrid View

Cool I think I've tried it all, Help needed with Blackra1n:(
    I started this processes 3 shavings ago...
    I upgraded to 3.1.2 firmware from 3.0
    updated to iTunes 9
    I restored my 3GS
    I downloaded Blackra1n (latest edition)
    saved it in C: and ran it as an admin. with compatibility to XP
    (I am running a Windows 7 platform, BTW)
    I've tried to rapid succession of pulling to sync cable and re-launching Blackra1n while still in-process.
    I've done the "hold the power and home buttons, then relaase when the apple appears and continue to hold the home button until the geohot screen appears" method.
    I've ended all associated Apple and iTunes processes in the Task Manager and tried to launch Blackra1n fresh.
    I've not seen the "geohot" splashscreen yet, nor have I had my 3GS reboot on its own yet.
    My screen stays dimly lit and doesn't really fully power down to reboot.
    Any suggestions other than a hammer?
    This phone was jailbroken on 3.0 and hummin' like a *&^%^&*
    I want my baby back, baby back, baby back;(

have blackra1n running in background "waiting for device" and use redsn0w as far as going to reboot mode then cancel. Blackra1n will then take over but screen will freeze, turn power off then back on and phone should be back to normal. Same here cannot get blackra1n running.!!!!!!!!!

blackra1n messin up on me since da release of 3.1.3

This definitely doesn't belong in the iLiberty section...

Blackra1n does not work with 3.1.3. You have do downgrade. I did it myself on my 3rd gen. Go to felixburns.de/iPod/firmware, for 3rd ANd 2nd gen download 2g 3.1.2 firmware after it redirects you. Put your iPod into recovery mode (hold down power and home button for 10 secs or until your computer recognizes it....) then go to itunes, on Windows click on restore and press shift at the same time, on Mac click restore and press option. Then find your firmware file, and it will downgrade your iPod, but you'll have to resync all your apps.
    "Everyone knows Macs are better than PCs"
    -Me
    I'm a member of TPWDDA on Steam. Are you?
    Why did you throw your iPod at the wall?

My Jailbroken iPod running my theme available by the ModMyi repository on Cydia (Lego Star Wars Theme)

Use a different computer. I recommend using a Mac when using blackra1n it always works. On my desktop Geohotz picture doesn't show up and its stuck on plug in to iTunes. So I used my laptop and it worked like a charm.
    If I helped thank me!

Thanks

I just want to know what the OP was shaving ????!!